Thread: Newbie into the PachiTalk world and am thinking about getting a Big Pulsar but..

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Newbie into the PachiTalk world and am thinking about getting a Big Pulsar but..

I'm nervous to try to get this machine, with it already having a error code and me not having a clue as to how to fix it and how much effort and cash it will take to fix. The machine appears to be in decent shape with a couple bruises here and there, but I feel like my parents would really appreciate the gift for Christmas. I'm going to include pics of the Big Pulsar and if anyone has any advice as to how to handle the error codes and if i should even risk the accepting of a "Broken" machine with no knowledge of how to fix it please let me know. I'm not familiar with these machines but feel like if it is a eay fix I can really feel good about making this machine a gift to my parents who love to gamble. Thanks for any help given! And I will hopefully be finding out what error code it is shortly and will post what it is once I know it. IS THIS WORTH THE STRESS OF THE CODE?
    Side pic.jpgPulsar.jpg

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to woodrow8124

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Newbie into the PachiTalk world and am thinking about getting a Big Pulsar b

The machine was made around 1994 ,it's pretty well worn .the error codes can very from simple to complex . Without knowing what error it is I would shy away from it. Like I said it's pretty old, there are better machines . Check out bluehotaru.com or custompachislo.com they are good dealers to work with,and are both members of pachitalk. I hope this helps good luck to you
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

4. The following user says "Thanks" to yose

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Newbie into the PachiTalk world and am thinking about getting a Big Pulsar b

Welcome to Pachitalk

if your up for a gamble then go for it.. its probably fixable... but nothing is a guarantee
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the responses, anyon eknow where I can get info about the specific codes the game is apparently giving the current owner? I'm getting the codes later this weekend and wanted to know where i can look to see what they are. Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The error codes are vary with different machines,but in general they are close, like HE=hopper empty, HO=hopper out,HJ=hopper jam,CJ=coin jam, OF=jackpot-machine needs reset.CE=change error, E1=cpu error,this one is a bad one.E2= change error,E3=hopper error,E4=hopper error,E5=hopper error.Again these are general but usually used in the machines.Most errors are in the hoppers jamming or tokens jamming in the coin input, easy fixes, they mostly happen from dirtiness or dusty parts that need a good cleaning. Loose connections can set an error off.The E1 or cpu error is the one that is usually hopeless, and needs parts replaced in the mother board or other components,which are almost impossible to find.Ihope this helps

9. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to yose

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Awesome info Jose! That really gives me a heads up about the Machine and what I would be looking at getting myself into. I'm still waiting on the guy to tell me what the codes are. Maybe he got one of those codes cause he emptied out the machine last year when he quit playing it. I'm hoping for the best and with the people's knowledge in this Forum I think I will be just fine. Thanks again everyone!

11. The following user says "Thanks" to woodrow8124

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Glad to help,if you decide to get it feel free to ask any questions you have we are all here to give assistance any way we can.