Thread: Future gambling in Japan: Complete virtual Pachinko?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Future gambling in Japan: Complete virtual Pachinko?

Sorry if this post is in the wrong category of the forum.

I was wondering if it was possible in the near future to see completely virtual pachinko machines in Japanese gambling parlours. Today all machines feature a combination of mechanical balls and digital reels.
    I know that gamling for money is illegal in Japan, but of course you could buy virtual balls, play with virtual balls and win virtual balls. The benefits are obvious: a completely digital machine need less maintaince if there are no mechanical parts that can break.
    Do you think this could be a trend in the future? Are there any legal obstacles so it will have to stay the current way?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Future gambling in Japan: Complete virtual Pachinko?

Interesting question... Virtual machines sound like no fun.. and i double serious pachinko players would touch them... when ya leave it totaly up to the computer then all the fun and risk is gone..

serious Players will look at a machine and its nails pattern.. he will be able to tell if a machine is set of for paying out better or worse..

i for one hope not... but everything else seems to have gone the way of the computer

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

great question and interesting to ponder. i have to agree with mopar's assessment and to me, a virtual pachinko doesn't sound like fun either but then again i'm not a fan of modern pachinkos for the same reason that i wouldn't like a virtual machine-to me it's too far removed from original pachinkos. it's not pure pachinko, so to speak. today it's more about huge lcd screens, sound effects, animatronics, less pins, etc., so a move to virtual balls seems logical to me. however, i understand that vintages must seem amazingly boring to fans of moderns and if virtual pachinko does happen, then for new players going into parlors it will be the norm and all they've ever known.
    same evolution hapened to pinball and why i love EM's (electro mechanicals). Besides the fact they last forever is the fact that it's just your skill or lack of, and the pinball. no toys, no complicated rules and levels to attain, or other distractions. there's a youtube vid of a virtual pinball machine and it looks like a pin physically but the play field is a massive monitor. the software contains all the highly collectible pins from the 80's and 90's. the ball physics are very impressive as is the overall machine and the idea behind it but it still doesn't look as fun as the real deal.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by emmadog View Post
    there's a youtube vid of a virtual pinball machine and it looks like a pin physically but the play field is a massive monitor. the software contains all the highly collectible pins from the 80's and 90's. the ball physics are very impressive as is the overall machine and the idea behind it but it still doesn't look as fun as the real deal.
    Can you give me a link? Sounds interesting!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

ill see if I can find it. from what I remember the guy was trying to sell it and I think it was one of a kind.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

do a YouTube search for " virtual pinball machine"The one you want is called "Hyperpin".its pretty amazing but it sold 7 months ago.

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have a number of pachinko and pachislo simulation video games on various consoles (eg Playstation, Gameboy, Nintendo DS) and they are fun mainly for nostalgia's sake, but the simulation of the ROMs tend to be buggy. For this reason, I think most pachinko fans wouldn't like a fully simulated "live" machine in a parlor. As Mopar implies, it would leave -a little- too much up to the machine and strip away the physical, tactile aspects away from the game. Back in the day, when pachinko went to primarily digital reels then displays, there was a similar fear (which exists to this day) that a player's odds of winning could too easily be manipulated by the parlor via the machine's ROM. It's also certainly possible for a pachinko machine's ROM to be buggy. I've seen several bugs before - numbers line up but don't "reach", messed up artwork, even had a machine effectively BSOD on me when I was playing so the parlor worker had to completely take it out of order.
    Player, not collector. ドルドル箱yo~~~!
    Check out my journal for translated pachinko guides and manuals.

9. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to rupan777

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've seen the Playstation versions and in no way would I want something like that over a real machine with balls and pins.

I had a slot machine simulator many years ago on my old PC and it looked like a slot machine on the screen and made noises like
    a slot machine but when you ran out of money you could lend yourself another $10,000 from the pulldown menu.
    After a week I never played it again. On the plus side I did win a million virtual dollars.

11. The following user says "Thanks" to Steve Cebu