Thread: Working Vacation

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Working Vacation

Took a week long vacation to help my uncle sell canopies and other stuff at the big car show in Carlisle Pa. And I do mean BIG!Carlisle car show 009.jpgCarlisle car show 010.jpgCarlisle car show 011.jpgCarlisle car show 012.jpg This is a view from the grandstand, and there is more behind me. I even saw a slot machine.Carlisle car show 057.jpgCarlisle car show 060.jpgCarlisle car show 058.jpgCarlisle car show 059.jpg I was a little confused with the case on this one, the man said it was a War Eagle. This made sense, but the metal case was strange to me. I have only seen Mills War Eagle slot machines in a wood box, with a cast iron bonnet and steel door on the back. Maybe Young Jedi can enlighten me about this. It was a great car show except for all the rain. Lots of rain. On Thursday, it came down in buckets, and almost sideways with strong winds. The tent was shaking so bad I thought it might come down.Carlisle car show 048.jpg This was my office for a week, and slept in the back of a 16 ft Penske box truck. The best thing is I got paid enough to catch up on 2 months behind on mortgage payments and get my gas turned back on! took a bunch of pics that I'll post soon.

2. The following 11 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Working Vacation

Some more pics.Carlisle car show 002.jpg Don't know how it rides...but it was just TOO COOL!Carlisle car show 020.jpg An antique pedal car (my foot for reference to size). It was very heavy compared to reproductions. Carlisle car show 021.jpg And of course an Indian motorcycle. Carlisle car show 022.jpgCarlisle car show 023.jpgCarlisle car show 024.jpg Carlisle car show 025.jpg Lots of cool very expensive neon. Rat Fink was about $750.Carlisle car show 087.jpgAnd what would a car show be without antique gas pumps.Carlisle car show 088.jpg 5.2 cents per gallon!

4. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

And then there were the cars!
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The last one is an awsome rat rod,Ilove the wooden spokes up front.What a sic ride
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I had a black 53 merc 2 door hardtop with a 348 270HP checy engine with 3 dueces
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Cool. Sounds like you had a good time pachiwall.

Last weekend. we went to the Long Beach Motorama. It was a really cool show. (only downside was we went on the last day and half the cars were gone. It wasn't organized the best.) Anyways I attached a few pictures on my favorite rods. (I also attached one of the best stickers I saw at the show.) There were many cool things at this show. (too many things to post pictures of.) G.A.S. also brought out some of ED Roths cars. And some of George Barris's cars were there along with HIMSELF!

100 machines and counting...

10. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by yose View Post
    The last one is an awesome rat rod,I love the wooden spokes up front.What a sic ride
    I ran out of room for pics...here are some more. AAAH! Corvettes! Powered by Briggs & Stratton! OOPS! I think I just made thevrat rod hood ornament go away. It will probably show up in attachments at bottom. It is a thermometer in the radiator cap, I believe it is the only temperature gauge.

12. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There is nothing more american than a hot rod,a real hot rod with no fenders.The rat rods are a retro idea with a wacky attitude, I love em, but all rods come from that idea,FREEDOM.When I was younger the motto was If it don't go chrome it, and always by the bottom of the rear license plate,S.L.M.F.,so long mother f*^$#r.
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

14. The following user says "Thanks" to yose

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've been to that car show before, it is huge and awesome! Glad you had a good time and were able to catch up on some bills.
    Dawn

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Working Vacation

I was lucky enough to actually be able to own and drive many vintage cars during the 50's and up.

they weren't vintage then

one summer i even bought a 1930 madol A 4 door sedan for $125.00 and drove it on nice days in the summer one year

it would start on one pull of the crank
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese