Thread: Balls stuck in start chamber

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Balls stuck in start chamber

So the new Indy Jones machine was working fine. Got the key from Frank and got a wall cabinet. But now every ball that goes in the start pocket (on the Indy machine it's right above the skull in the lower middle) gets stuck. The first ball that goes in goes to the back of the chamber and then just sits there and then the next ball gets stuck behind it and on and on.

The only way I can clear it is to use a magnetize screwdriver to pull that first ball out. I have tried to manually put a ball through and it gets stuck. I have gentle pushed the ball forward in the back of the chamber and it won't budge.

I thought that I could open up the back and swing a panel open (so I pulled the wiring harnesses and swung the back panel open only to find ANOTHER circuit board and not the pay out track.

Any suggestions? I would seem that something (dust bunnies?) are in there blocking the back of the start pocket chamber... but I can't even seem to figure out how to get in there to see. At this point, since I can't get any balls into the start pocket, all play is dead.

Any suggestions for a n00b?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Balls stuck in start chamber

i would pickup some pipe cleaners and see if the pathway was clear past the pocket
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

3. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Balls stuck in start chamber

So I was able to figure it out. There was a ball stuck down below the start pocket chamber in the back and the chute. I had to open the back of the machine, release the three slide locks and unplug the two wiring harnesses to sling the back plastic tracking out *AND* I had to remove the two tiny screws on the facing of the playboard around the start pocket to pull the front out a bit to allow the stuck ball to fall through. I'm sure someone with more knowledge would know a better way or some magic door that I could have swung open to release the jam... but that is how I did it.

Interesting the knowledge you have to have to own one of these things. Thank goodness for the internet and the greate pachitalk.com community!
    Last edited by bit1313; 10-03-2011 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to bit1313