Thread: No time for looove, Dr. Jones

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default No time for looove, Dr. Jones

Hello! Hi! Howdy! How are ya?!

FIRST TIME PACHINKO OWNER - FIRST TIME POSTER!

So I have wanted a pachinko for over 10 years back when I guy I used to work with told me about them. Why it took 10 years, I don't know. !!!

So I finally picked one out last week from Frank over at custompachinko.com. What a great experience! Frank swapped the frame out for me and had it here in less than a week total! Just got it yesterday.

INDIANA JONES!!! (I did that to get the wife to accept it, since she loves those movies).

So I have some questions on the machine.

What does the right side of the playing field do if you get a ball down that single little path? What is the little LED counter with the -- for on that side?
    I assume the blue flames next to the skull open like flippers (do you call that a flower? or a tulip?) what makes that happen?

What actions make the balls come back out? We have never yet to have balls come back down to the bottom below the shooting hopper. I would assume that it a ball goes in the skull head, you would get something besides a spin. We pretty much play all the balls through to the back and then reload to the front. I have balls in the top hopper. Perhaps I need more in there? Is there a sensor that trips when you have the right number of upper balls?

Questions! Questions!? Questions?

Thanks for any help and info!

bit1313
    (Gene)

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to bit1313

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: No time for looove, Dr. Jones

Great choice for a first machine, I'd say more fun than Star Wars.Sounds like you need more balls to extend the playing time. 1500-2000 is a good amount but you will need to modify the top hopper to accommodate.A spin is all you get with a ball i'n the skull head but when all 3 numbers match from the spin you'll know about it.Welcome to the site and your new addiction.

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Are you saying you aren't getting any payouts?? You should be getting some..They will come out into the top tray in the front, they will only come out the bottom front if the top tray fills up..

And..

WELCOME!!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have 1000 balls. I can run those 1000 through the shooter and I might end up with 2-3 in the bottom (under the shooter tray) by the end. What triggers the small payouts? Shouldn't there be a 1 for 3 or 1 for 5 type payout when you hit certain holes? I get pretty much nothing.

Do those small payouts come from the upper hopper? Seems like everything is going right to the gutter behind the scenes with no balls coming back out. Confused.

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't have an Indy or know which spec you have but with most moderns you will get a few for getting it in the start pocket, some for the pockets that are usually around the bottom of the playfield and when you are in a bonus round you will get lots for getting it into the bonus door or whatever it happens to be on your machine..

There is usually a sticker on the top right of the playfield that says what the payouts are..something like 3 10 15..

If you are filling up your top rear hopper and it is empty after a while then you are getting payouts..Maybe you just aren't noticing because payouts come out in the same tray that you shoot from??

All balls shot, winning or not will come out the back (with the exception of a few that might come out in the lower front tray if they weren't shot hard enough to make it to the playfield)

All payouts will come from the back top hopper..

Make sure that there is no hook swung down in the back ball path preventing the balls from making it to the payout motor..Also sometimes the payout motor can come dislodged and prevent payouts..if so its an easy fix..

Maybe the first thing you should do is open the front glass and drop balls in any pockets you can find and see if its paying out!!

And don't worry, I'm sure we'll have it working right in no time!!

Last edited by MrGneiss; 09-28-2011 at 08:44 AM.

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

7. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah. At this point, all the balls are going in the back. I'll have to look around. We didn't get a key with our shipment, so Frank is getting us one in the next couple days. I thought the machine was really fun... but after loading 1000 balls 5 times over from the back hopper I was like "really? this can't be right".

I'll have to go out and see what I can see and if nothing works I will have to wait for the key for the front glass to try your suggested test.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It is definetely not paying out then. The machine shipped without a key by accident, so Frank is getting us one.

I will check around back for the payout motor and such. I don't know my way around the machine yet... so it might take a bit to figure it out.
    Thanks for the input!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by MrGneiss View Post
    Make sure that there is no hook swung down in the back ball path preventing the balls from making it to the payout motor..Also sometimes the payout motor can come dislodged and prevent payouts..if so its an easy fix..
    I'm guessing that this is the issue. It's easy to miss if your not looking for it. Anyone have a pic of an Indy back for him?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

We got it! I was the hooks in the payout track!!! The machine is going nuts! Just hit a fever and we have balls to the walls!
    Thanks everyone for your help! (And Frank that saw this thread and emailed me with some things to check too!!!)

12. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to bit1313

Thanks
    Thanks Received

great news!!

Glad to hear you got it working

I'll just Welcome you to PachiTalk and the addictive madness that is pachinko!!

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I can relate! When I first got started with my CR Yamato I could not get balls to flow etc. I had somebody here take a picture for me and VOILA! the pay out started to happen.
    Some machines are more prone than others to have that little piece of plastic with 2 teeth shut off the ball flow! You find once your hopper is not empty and you pull that piece up
    you'll be fine! Pretty sure its a Lumina Frame, the same as my Galaxy railways. I was very frustrated at first with my Yamato so I KNOW how you feel! Once you learn your way around
    it will be all good! Welcome btw!
    I may not be the best guy, BUT I am not the bad guy!- Coop from Megas XLR

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by KimbaWLion View Post
    Pretty sure its a Lumina Frame, the same as my Galaxy railways

yes Indy is in the popular Sankyo 'Lumina' frame, same as Julie Pinball and Star Wars and a large number of other titles.

I have my Indy stored away at the moment, I haven't played it for a long long time, now after reading this thread, I have an urge to get it out of storage again

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

16. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

glad to hear ya got it up and working...

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Awesome that it was a simple fix. Wonder how many payouts it went through once the hooks were flipped. I'm sure that it was exciting, but a relief at the same time!

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to the addiction and the DARK SIDE (Pachinko's ) !! Be careful they do multiply rather fast
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS