Thread: 3 more today, Kyoraku, Besta and Ishigin

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default 3 more today, Kyoraku, Besta and Ishigin

The other night I spotted a CL ad for 3 pachinkos for only $2560! I sent a email asking where he came up with that price and that he was dreaming if he thought he would ever get that much. I got a email back last night saying he thought he was being very reasonable . Two minutes later he sent another email thanking me for catching the typo and that it should read $25 each or $60 for them all.

After getting that one I replied as fast as I could, firstly to say sorry for being a little snippy with my first message and then asking him to call me about checking out the machines.

He called first thing this morning and I made arrangements to go check them out. I looked at the machines and he said he could not find the balls (or that he wanted to keep them for the Nishijin he was keeping) and asked if I would be okay with him knocking $10 off for them. I took a look at the few still stuck in the machines and I was fine with that (the 100 or so I ended up with are in the tumbler in hopes I will have a few more to test filthy machines with)

He talked my ear off for around 2 hours not making a lot of sense but was friendly enough. He mentioned that he had bought two "Chinese slots" and did not like them and that he gave one to his mom with all the tokens and had the other one just setting around. I jokingly said "let me guess, it is a Million god" and he said "No, I think it is a God game" then he took me out to look at it and I almost died from being right. He said that he paid $80 for it but could not figure out how to use it as it just brought up menus when he plugged it in and he did not want to break it. I thought that it was a good chance to score a deal so I asked what he wanted for it. He asked if $80 for all four would work so I went for it.

The Ishigin is interesting, lots in common with some of the other small-short lived-never imported brands I have seen. it is missing covers on the back and a small chunk of the upper front tray but not part that would affect play

100_2689.jpg100_2690.jpg100_2691.jpg100_2692.jpg100_2693.jpg

Interesting fact, the ball tracks above the payout on all three of these, both that I got last week and me daiichi machines are all the same.

The Besta is almost exactly the same as the Isuzu I got last week. The toys on the cell, trays, doors, the frames (including the wing nut mount for the cell and no hinges) and about half the bits on the back. This one was never wired for lights (nor was the Isuzu) both the besta from today and the isuzu from last week are missing parts so I am thinking about parting this one out to make one good machine (this would be parted as the frame is falling apart and the laminate is peeling off the front) but I still am not sure.

100_2694.jpg100_2695.jpg100_2696.jpg

The only bits not the same are the plastics on the lower back but with all the cross over among so many brands I realy think that there must have been two or three manufacturers that made some of these parts in large quantities and sold them to many of the smaller makers.
    the

LLTR

2. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to owennewton

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: 3 more today, Kyoraku, Besta and Ishigin

now for the Kyoraku sun 406, it is older than the other I have of this brand. It has been put in a homemade case that is falling apart, I am thinking about mounting it to the frame I have sitting from the daiichi I parted out (or the frame from the besta if I end up stripping it)

100_2684.jpg100_2685.jpg100_2688.jpg

It is missing covers but it works, the real bad news is the top front tray is badly broken and the parts are missing.

100_2686.jpg100_2687.jpg

Not sure what to do about that as none of the parts I have will fit and I do not want to part out this one (unless I find another sun 406 at some point) so I am thinking about rebuilding the tray with jb weld or some of that plastic putty but I don't know what would be the best way to go at the moment.

Again, I will update as I progress on cleaning, stripping...

Oh, here is a pic of the "other" machine

100_2683.jpg
    the

LLTR

4. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to owennewton

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey owen,

The cabinet on the kyoraku isn't homemade. That was done when it was imported. Because I have a Sun 406 with the same cabinet. And I have seen a few others just like it. (pictures of mine are attached)

Also I don't know if you figured it out but the red lens in the CF screws out. Kinda a cool feature.

100 machines and counting...

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    Hey owen,

The cabinet on the kyoraku isn't homemade. That was done when it was imported. Because I have a Sun 406 with the same cabinet. And I have seen a few others just like it. (pictures of mine are attached)
    cool info.. i would have never thought of cabinets like that.. i would have assumed it was homemade as well
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    Hey owen,

Also I don't know if you figured it out but the red lens in the CF screws out. Kinda a cool feature.
    Cool! I guess I will fix the cab then, looks like your tray is broken as well
    the

LLTR

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by owennewton View Post
    Cool! I guess I will fix the cab then, looks like your tray is broken as well
    Yes the tray on mine is also broken but I have the broken part to it. So it should be repairable.

Also I have a back panel that slides in the groove in the cabinet. (sorry don't have picture of it)

Also another thing is the wiring looks to be fairly confusing to me.

(I also attached some other pictures of my machine)

10. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have the back for mine as well, just did not take pics. Wiring on Kyoraku machines seems more confusing, in part by the electric ball shut off in the shooter tray.

I used a knock off "magic putty" today to build the missing part of the tray... It came out looking like a kindergarten art project but it will work until I can't stand to look at it and break the stuff off and try again. I will post pics when I have the machine cleaned up if everyone promises not to laugh at my repair
    the

LLTR

12. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to owennewton

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice to see you find a 1972... there seem to be few from that year around, not like 1971's and 1973's.

14. The following user says "Thanks" to Rival

Thanks
    Thanks Received

looks like it might need 24 vots for the solonoid near the shooter???

one fuse block for the 24 volts and one for the 10 volt lights???

jsut a guess
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    looks like it might need 24 vots for the solonoid near the shooter???

one fuse block for the 24 volts and one for the 10 volt lights???

jsut a guess
    The whole thing just seems confusing to me. When the time comes to when I work on this machine, I will most likely test each with 10v. I don't know. It will probably be a while before I get to this machine anyways.