Thread: Sankyo Big Slot Problem

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Sankyo Big Slot Problem

Hi, I'm new to this. Just bought a Sankyo Big Slot Pachinko machine. If you shut it off by the power switch, it beeps, and a #2 error shows on one of the PC boards. Also, if you hit any matches on the slot wheels, it doesn't pay out any balls. After about 30 seconds of bonus round play, the lights stop, and it only beeps. There is a digital number on the playing field that normally shows a 0. When a slot match stops, it changes to 4. The only way to keep playing is to shut the machine off, but it never pays out a slot wheel match. Any ideas?? It doesn't have a dongle, but it seems to work normal until you hit a slot wheel match. Thank you for any help, or ideas.

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Sankyo Big Slot Problem

Are you getting payouts for getting balls in the the start pocket and other pockets during normal play??

You shouldn't get a payout for matching numbers, but it should open the bonus door thats usually near the bottom and getting balls in there during the bonus should get you lots of balls..

Posting full pictures of the front and back and close up pictures of any problem areas is always super helpful..

And...

WELCOME!!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi,
    Yes, it pays out every time you get a ball in any of the pockets during normal play. The problem is when you get a match on the slot wheels. When you get a match, the lights flash, music
    plays, and the word OPEN, under the start pocket, lights. It doesn't actually open, the word OPEN just lights up. Getting balls in any of the pockets while it's in the bonus round, only pays out the same amount as in normal play. After about 30 seconds of this, the music stops and the slot wheels start flashing quickly, with a beeping sound. It doesn't pay out anything special for a slot hit. I've matched twice with three fruit, and once with three 7's. All with the same results. The game goes into some sort of error mode. There is a digital number on the playing field that is normally lit with a 0. When the game goes into this error mode after a slot match, it changes to a 4. I'll try to get some pictures to post. Thank you for your time, and help MrGneiss.

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

sounds like the big bonus door at the bottom isn't opening. I'd check all the connections on the back to make sure they're all plugged in properly.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

5. The following user says "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think you're right. It might be a loose, missed, or reversed plug. Nothing opens at the bottom. The big bonus door just lights up, but doesn't open.

The guy I bought it from told me that he took it all apart to clean it when he got it.

I'll bet it's been like this ever since. He never told me it had a problem. These machines don't look too easy to pull apart. I've already checked the plugs you can easily get to.

My guess it's a plug you can't see without removing stuff. You can't tell which plug goes to opperate the bonus door.

Thank you, at least now I have a direction to go in. I'll let you know how I made out. Thanks again for your time and help.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

No such luck. I pulled the machine apart. The bonus door moves with a screwdriver, but not on it's own. I reseated all the plugs I could see.

Also, I still get an error number 2 when I shut the machine off by the power switch on the power board. Might be related to the bonus door issue???

Thanks

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Can you see what opens the door.Is it a geared motor or a solenoid. It might be worth chasing the wires back to the board and checking continuity. Cables for damage, stripped gears, broken locating pin. Etc.

If it was my machine, I would disconnect the plug from the door to the circuit board and apply low voltage to it. see if the door moves then. But as I don't know what voltage it runs at. If you were to do this. Hmm be careful.
    Last edited by Drunkenclam; 09-19-2011 at 04:14 PM.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It is a solenoid. The plug that feeds that area has about a dozen wires to it. You can't see enough of the solenoid connections to tell what wires go to what.

Kinda stumped here. Thinking about selling it. It works fine until a slot match.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the error you get when in the bonus is from the door not opening as you must get at least one ball per round to continue on the older machines. I would take the time to trace out the wires to the solenoid as that is the only way to get it to work right.

I seem to remember others having issues when useing the power switch on older sankyos, I always use a power strip with a switch to power down machines as the transformer still draws power even if the machine is off unless the circuit is cut to it.
    the

LLTR

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think the solenoid is binding up. I ran the machine with the glass door open, and kept feeding balls into the slot spin pocket until it hit a match.

Then I used a screwdriver to pry the bonus door open. The unit worked fine. It went through several rounds of bonus play.

The single digit ball counter on the playing field advanced every time a ball went into the bonus door, and it spit out tons of balls.

This went on for several rounds, and then ended. The machine went back to normal play without an error problem.

When the bonus round was over, the bonus door stayed open. I had to open the chassis and help the solenoid close the door with a screwdriver.

There was much less force needed to open the bonus door when the machine matched than trying to open it any other time.

If the machine is in regular play, I don't think the door can be pryed open without breaking it. Even moving the solenoid plunger with a screwdriver, it feels like it doesn't move freely.

I guess I'm going to have to get that solenoid out to examine it.

Any ideas where you can get a solenoid for this unit???

Thanks

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

It's probably a mass produced part. Will need to see if there is a component number on it. Failing that a good electrical component seller. Here in the UK I use RS. As for the USA. I don't know. Sometimes it is possible to remove the actuator from the solenoid coil and clean with emery cloth. If it's that, that is binding. It might be worth sending a PM to discgolfer72 on here. As might have the part your looking for.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I got it fixed. I used a screwdriver to keep moving the solenoid plunger to open and close the bonus door. Then I played it until I hit a match on the slot wheels.

When it went into the bonus round, I still had to pry the bonus door open. When the ninth ball went in the door, it closed on it's own, and opened again on it's own.

It did this several times until the bonus round ended. I'm not sure if the solenoid plunger was sticking, or the linkage to the bonus door was out of whack, but it works fine now.

Thanks everyone for the help. This is a great site with fantastic people.

14. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Vette01man

Thanks
    Thanks Received

glad to hear you got it solved
    the

LLTR