Thread: It makes you wonder sometimes...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default It makes you wonder sometimes...

Last summer my air conditioner condenser pan drain pipe clogged and overflowed, flooding my basement a bit...
    It took a few months but I reinstalled new cabinets drywall etc etc. I posted pics after I had the pachis installed...

MY Flat roof leaked at my drainage boxes last Winter causing over $10K in damage in my Den and Master Bathroom.

I lost power during Irene for a few days but it all worked its way out with the price of a generator...

BUT when your hot water heater bursts EARLY Sunday morning during Labor Day weekend, now that is bad...
    NO Hot water for 5 days... And the insurance company has not even been out yet to assess things.

I have rather larger basement since my house is ranch style with a full basement and its amazing how fast mold,
    mildew and carpet go bad. Its also amazing how I lost so much in clothes and other things in such a short period of time.
    I am just very lucky that the pachis were on TOP of the cabinets and safe though the cabinets are now shot...

After some of the damage I have seen lately and as much as my basement is a disaster I appreciate the fact I still HAVE a home
    that can be fixed and for that I am very thankful. While frustrated with a lot of bad luck I FULLY realize others have it a lot worse luck
    than I do with respect to mother nature caused disasters!

My heart and best wishes go out to those that have lost so much at the flooding in my state as well as other parts of the in country recently.
    I may not be the best guy, BUT I am not the bad guy!- Coop from Megas XLR

2. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to KimbaWLion

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: It makes you wonder sometimes...

Sorry to hear Jeffrey I hope your insurance company gets on it quickly for you.

I just got off the phone with my Mom... she lives in a log cabin in the mountains here. She was in the car en route to Bloomsburg (her closest shopping district), and was describing to me the devastation she was seeing. Very, very sad. I am very thankful that she came out of this storm with nothing more than a little roof damage and minor flooding in her lower lever.

My aunt has been in a hotel for a few days. While her street remained dry in Lebanon, PA... the excess water overwhelmed the city sewage system and she had over 3 feet of sewage water in her basement. She said the water was shooting up from her toilet like a city fountain. I believe there are clean-up crews there today.
    Dawn

4. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to dattia

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry to hear that the bad luck hit you but things will be back to normal soon.You will be back stronger for it. Hang in there.
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

6. The following user says "Thanks" to yose

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have friends in Wilksberry whose flood stage is 32 ft since Agnes and it went to 42 foot...
    Know a bit about hydraulics there are only BAD reasons when manholes shoot up and water sprays out...
    I may post some pics in a little bit to show a before and after... Guess it may be a awhile before I get to those Cutie Honey
    Pictures though I think though most people have a REALLY good idea what that machine looks like... I have to pic up 3-4 machines from
    Frank over at Custom Pachinko! They are even paid for and he needs them moved! I am JUST not sure where I am going to put them!!!

I was trying to not come off as whining too because I have seen the damage to Japan after Kobi and the one more recently. While I am upset,
    what those people are going through and other people here in my own state makes me feel even bad for being upset... With me its just the one thing
    after the other that has me down... I just want to catch a small break, maybe every OTHER year a water problem!

8. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to KimbaWLion

Thanks
    Thanks Received

We are a community of friends here, it is OK for you to vent. True, many people have it worse than you and in your writing, you are mindful of that... Things are happening to you... you are allowed to feel bad about that. You are due for an upswing, I hope it is soon.
    Dawn

10. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to dattia

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i sometimes fee without bad luck i would have no luck at all.. So i totaly understand how ya feel..

chin up and things will get better for ya
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

12. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Since I am starting work on my basement I wanted to post some before pics. It will be a few weeks before its all done.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

14. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to KimbaWLion

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Hope everything is sorted out soon. Be sure to post some updated photos when everything is back to normal.
    Gotta catch 'em all Pa-chink-o

16. The following user says "Thanks" to Ikaria