Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Not a credit add mod but I like it better

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Not a credit add mod but I like it better

I like putting tokens in to get credits. Part of the 'feel" of the game IMO. Hitting a button to get 50 credits just ain't the same. But I hate having to keep opening the door to get tokens. Easy solution. I wired a key switch to spin the hopper motor to disperse tokens when needed. On mine, I completely removed the hopper switch from the side of the power supply because it was on it's last leg anyway, but you could wire a switch parallel to the existing switch. Drill a hole anywhere on the cabinet. Get a keyed ignition switch from the auto parts store or lawnmower repair. Run two wires and anytime you need tokens, twist the key to "start" for a few seconds. For those that want it to be "secret" you can mount a key switch or momentary switch in a hidden place like under the ashtray. Very easy and cheap. I thought I would share. I'm sure other have did this, but I didn't see it.
    Eddie

2. The following 13 users say "Thanks" to eddieb

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Not a credit add mod but I like it better

Great idea thanks for sharing that with us
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A great idea like that requires photos. It is the law of Pachitalk. Hop to it...
    A Hardy har har...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'd be curious to know more about how to wire something like this up. And yes, I agree, some pictures would be awesome! I too hate getting tokens out, but a little hidden button under the ash try sounds perfect. I just don't understand where exactly I need to wire in this new button...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

happend to me too... gotta load some pics!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Seems to me you could do it leaving the original switch in place on the power supply. Solder a couple of leads onto either side of the switch inside the box, and run them to a keyed switch on the outside.

Maybe something like this?
    Key Ignition Switch ON/OFF Lock Switch Plastic handle | eBay
    A Hardy har har...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    Seems to me you could do it leaving the original switch in place on the power supply. Solder a couple of leads onto either side of the switch inside the box, and run them to a keyed switch on the outside.

Maybe something like this?
    Key Ignition Switch ON/OFF Lock Switch Plastic handle | eBay

Yes...like I said in my original post, you could wire the new switch parallel with the existing switch. You don't NEED two switches, but it would keep from having to remove the original. On mine, the switch was mounted on the circuit board itself. No wires to tap into. Unless you have a desolder gun or know how to use solder braid, i wouldn't attempt to take the old switch off. I wouldn't have took mine off if it wasn't broke. If your machine has a switch that is not mounted on the board,(wired) then this is a cakewalk. I will try to post some pics to show you guys how to do it. BTW, thanks for the link to the key switch. I ordered one myself. Better and cheaper then the one's at auto parts store.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Not a credit add mod but I like it better

This is what I am dealing with. Picture one is my hopper, and all the wiring on the back. Picture two is the wire connector that is attached to the hopper that comes from that control box type thing. Can anyone tell me which two wires I would need to splice and attach to a button to get the button to start to kick out tokens (yet still obviously not affect normal token payouts)?

IMG_0847.jpgIMG_0861.jpg

Any help appreciated! I'd rather not just starting to clip random wires! lol

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by markronz View Post
    This is what I am dealing with. Picture one is my hopper, and all the wiring on the back. Picture two is the wire connector that is attached to the hopper that comes from that control box type thing. Can anyone tell me which two wires I would need to splice and attach to a button to get the button to start to kick out tokens (yet still obviously not affect normal token payouts)?

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/atta...r-img_0847.jpghttp://www.pachitalk.com/forums/atta...r-img_0861.jpg

Any help appreciated! I'd rather not just starting to clip random wires! lol
    Is there not a switch on the power supply to empty the hopper? ...or somewhere in the inside of the cabinet?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

For the "secret" switch...a magnetic "reed" switch could be used. It is simply a glass tube with 2 metal strips inside. when a magnet comes close. it pulls them together completeig the circuit. Simply wire as necessary, and hot glue switch to the case somewhere. When you touch a magnet to the case opposite the switch, hopper dispenses tokens.

12. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by eddieb View Post
    Is there not a switch on the power supply to empty the hopper? ...or somewhere in the inside of the cabinet?
    I do not believe so. Is the attached picture the power supply? This is the only thing I've ever seen any real buttons on inside of the machine.

Based on what I've seen in this manual none of these buttons or switches seem to empty the hopper. The linked manual is for a different Bellco machine, not the exact same as mine, but it seems to match up with mine in what the buttons do. My machine is a Bellco Digi Flush.

Any idea if I have a hopper empty button somewhere I haven't seen?
    10.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    For the "secret" switch...a magnetic "reed" switch could be used. It is simply a glass tube with 2 metal strips inside. when a magnet comes close. it pulls them together completeig the circuit. Simply wire as necessary, and hot glue switch to the case somewhere. When you touch a magnet to the case opposite the switch, hopper dispenses tokens.
    I like this idea too! Definitely something to consider. If I can figure out how to wire this...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    another great idea!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My question is ,where do you get the power to bypass the other payout circuits to the hopper without interfering with them. My machines don't have hopper switches either,just a hopper reset if it's jammed,whitch makes the hopper spin backwards to clear the jam . They are yamasa machines.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by yose View Post
    My question is ,where do you get the power to bypass the other payout circuits to the hopper without interfering with them. My machines don't have hopper switches either,just a hopper reset if it's jammed,whitch makes the hopper spin backwards to clear the jam . They are yamasa machines.
    Didn't know some machines don't have the hopper empty switch. How odd. I'm not gonna advise how to do it or take responsibilty if it doesn't work or screws up your machine, but I will say how I would do it. The hopper is simply powered by a little motor...spin it one way to clear jams, spin it the other way and it dispenses coins. It does this by reversing the polarity on the motor. If you reverse the leads on the motor and then try to do the "jam clear", it should dispense coins into the payout tray. So, in short...Come off jam clear switch, reverse the polarity and there you have it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Could you possibly go off the transformer for power directly to the hopper through a switch,or would this interfere with the other power leads to the hopper.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sucks I don't think I have a jam clear button either. All I have is a memory clear button and a reset button from my understanding. None of my buttons make the hopper spin backwards, I know that. Crap. Really wish I could make a similar token button!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by yose View Post
    Could you possibly go off the transformer for power directly to the hopper through a switch,or would this interfere with the other power leads to the hopper.
    Possibly. The hopper could get its power directly from transformer. That would be AC. Probably not. Probably pulls DC from the power supply or somewhere in the circuitry. You could monitor the voltage going to the motor while it is running and see what it isand see if the same voltage is available. If there is no switch, there is a relay or transitor to put power to the motor. The voltage will be available there. Since there are no schematics available for these machines, you have to do a little homework. It's still a very simple mod though. Makes using the machine much more enjoyable.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have a feeling that I'm really going to test your patience on this! I have a multimeter, but I don't really know how to use it that well. I attached a picture of my multimeter. Is this where my dial should be set? You said it was probably DC, so I put it on DCV. And it's set to 2000m, which I think means 2000mV, so that's 2V. Should it be set to something else?

Then once I get it on the right dial setting, how do I actually test the wire. To be honest, I've never used my multimeter before. So can I just put the probe on the wire? Or would I have to actually cut the wires and put the probe on the copper wires inside directly? Do I put the red probe on various wires, and leave the black one touching any black wire in there? Or where do I put the black one while I'm testing with the red probe?

Let me say what it is, in my own words, that we're trying to accomplish here, and then you can tell me if I'm right or not...

First, there are two wires that attach to the motor on my hopper. That's the cylindrical motor looking thing in the mid left of the photo below. To test this, I am guessing that I need to play the machine until I win. With the multimeter, I need to figure out the voltage of the red wire, while the hopper is actually paying out. Then next I will be using the multimeter to look at all the other wires attached to that connector in the lower right of the photo. I am looking for a "live" wire that's always pumping that same voltage as is needed to power the motor. Once I find the wire that matches the voltage needed, I will be splicing it, to hook up to a button. Then I will splice the red wire going to the motor, so that the existing connection is still there, plus also another wire going to my button. Then when you push the button, the necessary voltage is routed directly to the motor, and it will continue to spin the hopper payout motor while the button is pressed?

Is that even close? Any help is appreciated!

IMG_0870.jpgIMG_0847.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by markronz View Post
    I have a feeling that I'm really going to test your patience on this! I have a multimeter, but I don't really know how to use it that well. I attached a picture of my multimeter. Is this where my dial should be set? You said it was probably DC, so I put it on DCV. And it's set to 2000m, which I think means 2000mV, so that's 2V. Should it be set to something else?

Then once I get it on the right dial setting, how do I actually test the wire. To be honest, I've never used my multimeter before. So can I just put the probe on the wire? Or would I have to actually cut the wires and put the probe on the copper wires inside directly? Do I put the red probe on various wires, and leave the black one touching any black wire in there? Or where do I put the black one while I'm testing with the red probe?

Let me say what it is, in my own words, that we're trying to accomplish here, and then you can tell me if I'm right or not...

First, there are two wires that attach to the motor on my hopper. That's the cylindrical motor looking thing in the mid left of the photo below. To test this, I am guessing that I need to play the machine until I win. With the multimeter, I need to figure out the voltage of the red wire, while the hopper is actually paying out. Then next I will be using the multimeter to look at all the other wires attached to that connector in the lower right of the photo. I am looking for a "live" wire that's always pumping that same voltage as is needed to power the motor. Once I find the wire that matches the voltage needed, I will be splicing it, to hook up to a button. Then I will splice the red wire going to the motor, so that the existing connection is still there, plus also another wire going to my button. Then when you push the button, the necessary voltage is routed directly to the motor, and it will continue to spin the hopper payout motor while the button is pressed?

Is that even close? Any help is appreciated!

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/atta...r-img_0870.jpghttp://www.pachitalk.com/forums/atta...r-img_0847.jpg
    You are corect in your thinking, but never having used a voltmeter makes me wonder if you should try this. 2mv is not 2 volts. It's 2/1000 of a volt. To test the voltage on the motor, set the meter on 200vdc, put the red meter lead on red motor wire, black meter lead on black motor wire...spin the motor. the voltage will appear on the meter. (if it's DC) Do this and report back. Don't touch the metal on the leads while under power. If you're lucky, maybe it will be 12vdc or 20vdc and you can use wallwart or similar power supply and won't have to even open the power supply in the machine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast