Thread: Not a credit add mod but I like it better

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Not a credit add mod but I like it better

Ok, I now also realize that I had to cut the wires to properly test them. I used a wire stripper and I got it so that there was a small amount of the stranded wires showing. The wires are still attached to the hopper as well. I then used some alligator clips to attach to the probes, and the other end on the wires. This made things a lot easier to do by myself. But I put in about 20 credits and then cashed them out. It is DC power. When I have the multimeter set to 200 in DCV as you suggested (my red probe is connected to the VΩmA, not the 10A one) , it measured in at 22.8. Technically it said -22.8. Not sure why it said negative... It doesn't start off at 22.8 initially, but if it's paying out for a few seconds, once the motor is spinning at full speed, it seems to top out at 22.8

So I guess let me know what to do with that information. I know we were looking for 12 or 20, so I am wondering if 22 is close enough to 20, or what?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Not a credit add mod but I like it better

Quote Originally Posted by markronz View Post
    Ok, I now also realize that I had to cut the wires to properly test them. I used a wire stripper and I got it so that there was a small amount of the stranded wires showing. The wires are still attached to the hopper as well. I then used some alligator clips to attach to the probes, and the other end on the wires. This made things a lot easier to do by myself. But I put in about 20 credits and then cashed them out. It is DC power. When I have the multimeter set to 200 in DCV as you suggested (my red probe is connected to the VΩmA, not the 10A one) , it measured in at 22.8. Technically it said -22.8. Not sure why it said negative... It doesn't start off at 22.8 initially, but if it's paying out for a few seconds, once the motor is spinning at full speed, it seems to top out at 22.8

So I guess let me know what to do with that information. I know we were looking for 12 or 20, so I am wondering if 22 is close enough to 20, or what?
    I'm still a little scared with you not knowing how to use the meter and such. But if you want to proceed we will. Yes, it looks like it is a 20vdc motor. You got any old laptop power supplies laying around? Most of them are 20vdc. Also 12vdc will work, it will just spin slower. If you have an old DC power supply of reasonable size, it will run the little motor. A large wallwart will. If you have one, unhook the existing wires from the motor, hook the power supply to the motor and plug it in. If it runs backwards, reverse the leads. This is probably the easiest and safest way for you to do it since you don't really know what you are doing. If you trace those leads back from the motor, they will eventually lead back to a relay of sorts. The hot side of that relay is where you would hook the mod in with a switch. The power supply thing will work. You might want to recheck the voltages again just to be sure.