Thread: 3rd Taiyo Project

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default 3rd Taiyo Project

So no one bid on this machine so I waited a few weeks and pulled the trigger after contacting the seller. I ended up getting it for relatively cheap and got it here in 3.5 days but I did forget to have the glass removed before shipping. I've dealt with broken glass before and it's not a big deal, more of a pain in the a$$. What I was worried about was the heavy transformer coming loose. In these Taiyos, the transformer puts out several voltages and is large and heavy and I forgot to mention to have that secured but it was in place.
    This machine had the same exact mods as 2 of my other Taiyos in that the coin play and pay has been disabled but in 15 minutes I had all the glass vacuumed out and the mods reversed and the machine back to factory specs. I powered it up, tunred the volume down and started a game. Luckily all the functions work-sound effects, tulips opening and spinners flashing, payout, score doubler, etc.
    It's in better condition than the other two when I got them and the cel has a small wear spot next to the rebound bumper, other than the dirt on the cel it is in almost new shape.
    My plans are to do another complete restoration but I may change it to perfectly match the green version of the Taiyo "Mars" machines. It's basically this same pachinko but with the green Mars background and different colored plastics. We'll see.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

2. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to emmadog