Thread: New Pachislo, no video or sound. Help!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default New Pachislo, no video or sound. Help!

Hi everyone! I just picked up a Pachislo Gamera High Grade Vision machine for $15 dollars at a yard sale. It works- the reels spin, lights and buttons flash, and I collect my winnings, however, there is no sound or video. When I turn the machine on there is sort of a popping sound, and then the screen starts out white, and turns to red and stays that way for a while. Then it makes a popping sound again, goes back to white and then switches to red. The sound is also non-existent, all that is heard is the sound of the reels spinning. I know very little about these machines, and I have tried cleaning the board that looks like is connected to the screen and speakers. If anyone knows how this could be fixed or has any form of schematics, that would be greatly appreciated. I have already tried a system reset. Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New Pachislo, no video or sound. Help!

carefully unplug every connection, check for bent or broken pins, clean as needed and carefully re seat all the connections. 9 out of 10 issues are from bad connections. If it has aftermarket volume controls, make sure they are turned up and if you can, test them to make sure they have not burnt up. You can also bypass volume controls to see if that gives you sound.
    the

LLTR

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New Pachislo, no video or sound. Help!

I've got almost an identical problem with a recently purchased Rambo Pachinko machine. The shooter mech works but I've got no video or sound. I re-seated every connection in the machine but nadda. It was recommended to me, that I upgrade the transformer to a higher amp. Maybe this applies to Pachislo machines too? I checked out some videos on Youtube & it looks like you've got yourself a pretty cool little machine, once you get everything up and running.