Thread: HELP! I'm new here and I need help on my Grand View Pachislo machine!!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default HELP! I'm new here and I need help on my Grand View Pachislo machine!!!

Hi guys. I'm probably one of those guys you hate because we are so dumb but here it goes...

I bought a Triple Crown (Baseball Hall of Fame, Babe Ruth on front) Pachinko machine about 8 years ago from a local guy that was only in business for a few months through the Christmas season. I don't use it much but it has been working perfectly up until about 3 months ago. Now after resetting it I can only play it for a few rounds before it goes into a error mode and flashes a code in the window (I think it's E0) and sounds that annoying alarm. I've tried to do the simple reset but it won't hold. There are a few switches inside where the key and master on/off switch is but I have no idea what they di and I can't read Japanese. I think there is a red button, a black button and a toggle switch that is placed behind a soft rubber door.

Does anyone know what I need to do to fix the problem and/or where I can get a detailed manual for this machine?

Thanks so much

Tom

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: HELP! I'm new here and I need help on my Grand View Pachinko machine!!!

Sounds like a payout error, there are other members that are more knowledgable. They will ask for pictures. It helps to diagnose your concerns.

Are reward balls being paid out? Could be as simple as a ball jam in the payout motor area and sometines taking all the balls out of the machine and starting over cures it.

I have been loooking for a baseball or football theme pachinko game, so please let me know if you ever want to sell yours.
    PACHINKO - Nishijin Model A, 2005 Newgin Cutie Honey, 2015 TAKAO Queen's Blade 2
    BUBBLE HOCKEY - SUPER CHEXX PRO | MAME - 4 Player Entertainment Center
    PINBALL - Williams Grand Lizard

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: HELP! I'm new here and I need help on my Grand View Pachinko machine!!!

First things first... the only stupid question's are ones not asked!!!

all though this is the Pachinko section it sounds like a Pachislo machine

Pics would be a great help... is it a token machine or a ball machine?

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi Mopar,

Yes you are right. It's a token machine (slot). I'll see if I can post a picture of the board.

6. The following user says "Thanks" to vfrpilot

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: HELP! I'm new here and I need help on my Grand View Pachislo machine!!!

E0 - you probably have a token jam somewhere.
    Check carefully for a stuck token all the way from where you insert it to inside the hopper.
    Empty the hopper and spin the reel inside to make sure no tokens are jammed inside.

You definitely need to do a full reset not the soft reset (turning the door key)

Check your tokens for bent or grimey ones. clean your tokens, the track and hopper.
    Chuck any cruddy tokens. lay them on a flat countertop to see if they are flat or bent.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: HELP! I'm new here and I need help on my Grand View Pachislo machine!!!

Thanks Slot4fun,

How do you do a full reset? I'm really not very knowledgeable about this machine. I bought it, plugged it in years ago and never had a problem until now. Also, what do the switches do? I'll try to post a picture.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This is what my machine looks like jse_Newest_032.jpg

jse_Newest_030.jpg

Can anyone tell me what each one of these switches do? I also would like to know the difference between a soft and hard reset and how to do each one.

jse_Newest_031.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the switche are for how the machine works.. one switch will make the machine require a reset after a big bonus round.. but i dont remember what the other does.. i just know both should be in the off position..

as for a reset...

In order to change odds, machine must be in idle mode with no tokens or credits
    being played. Locate internal toggle switch (red tipped or silver with on/off tabs)
    or insert key into internal key switch (if your machine came with 2 keys).
    Machine must be turned OFF. Turn key clockwise or flip reset toggle switch to
    the "ON" or "ODDS" position. Turn main power switch ON to access
    programming mode.
    A number from 1 to 6 will be displayed on the CREDIT meter on the front door or
    on a display inside the door. Locate the reset button. This will be located on
    your power supply. On SAMMY brand models, the button is on the inside of the
    door only.
    Depress the button and notice movement of number being displayed on the
    credit meter. Once the desired level is displayed (1 to 6) pull "spin reels" handle
    (black or red knob on front door) down, like you are going to spin the reels, to
    lock odds level into machine memory. Turn key switch back or flip toggle to
    "OFF" or "PLAY" position. Machine should immediately initialize. You will know
    the machine initialized if the "Insert Medal" light starts flashing. If not, make sure
    you remembered to press down the "SPIN REELS" lever.
    If it still doesn't initialize, turn power to the OFF position, wait 15 seconds and
    turn power switch back to ON position.

In order to change odds, machine must be in idle mode with no tokens or credits
    being played. Locate internal toggle switch (red tipped or silver with on/off tabs)
    or insert key into internal key switch (if your machine came with 2 keys).
    Machine must be turned OFF. Turn key clockwise or flip reset toggle switch to
    the "ON" or "ODDS" position. Turn main power switch ON to access
    programming mode.
    A number from 1 to 6 will be displayed on the CREDIT meter on the front door or
    on a display inside the door. Locate the reset button. This will be located on
    your power supply. On SAMMY brand models, the button is on the inside of the
    door only.
    Depress the button and notice movement of number being displayed on the
    credit meter. Once the desired level is displayed (1 to 6) pull "spin reels" handle
    (black or red knob on front door) down, like you are going to spin the reels, to
    lock odds level into machine memory. Turn key switch back or flip toggle to
    "OFF" or "PLAY" position. Machine should immediately initialize. You will know
    the machine initialized if the "Insert Medal" light starts flashing. If not, make sure
    you remembered to press down the "SPIN REELS" lever.
    If it still doesn't initialize, turn power to the OFF position, wait 15 seconds and
    turn power switch back to ON position.

Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

11. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Mopar,

I'm going to go up and try what you said. Now, you said both switches should be in the off position right? I see in my photo that one is on and the other is off so I'm going to change that so they are both off like you said. Also... you didn't mention the other switches? I have the flat switch that is under the little clear plastic cover and the two button switches to the right of the key... one is green and the other is red. Any idea what they do?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by vfrpilot View Post
    Thanks Mopar,

I'm going to go up and try what you said. Now, you said both switches should be in the off position right? I see in my photo that one is on and the other is off so I'm going to change that so they are both off like you said. Also... you didn't mention the other switches? I have the flat switch that is under the little clear plastic cover and the two button switches to the right of the key... one is green and the other is red. Any idea what they do?
    sorry im more of a Pachinko kinda guy.. Vintage Pachinko now switches to mess with

someone should be allog to help ya

14. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Still waiting... I still cannot get my machine to work. I use to work great but something happened and now it keeps going into the "panic" mode (locks up and alarm goes off).

HELP!!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The machine you have is actually called new pulsar by yamasa, the bottom glass has been changed. The two top switches should be on. the green button is used for a total reset, and used with the key switch. The red button is for resetting error codes.Is the white switch under the clear plex the on off switch,or the toggle switch.It acts like the hopper sensor needs cleaning, or the token accepter sensor needs cleaning. Use some glass cleaner and a q tip to clean them. We will go from there.
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

17. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to yose

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi again after studying the photos Ithink the white switch is to clear the hopper of a jam. My yamasa machines have a yellow button where your white switch is.Your machine is alot older 1993. Try flipping the white switch to see if the hopper spins and clears a jam .Then push the red button to reset the error.The machine is probably dusty from sitting.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks!

I think I found the problem. On the back of the door where you put the tokens in there is a little magnetic switch that registers the token input. I don't know exactly how it works but it pulls a little metal piece and holds it in place. When the piece is pulled in the coins drop into the machine, when it is released the coins drop back outside into the outside bin (as when the machine is off). Whats happening is after a few minutes the magnetic winding is letting go of the metal piece signaling a coin jamb. The machine then stops working and the alarm goes off. My question? I tried cleaning it with a Qtip and some rubbing alcohol however it hasn't fixed the problem (although it does seem to have helped). What can I do to fix this? can I buy a new switch or could there be a problem deeper inside the machine that is causing it to let go?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Check for a loose connection on the wire terminal, unplug the terminal and clean the prongs they might be corroded a little and not be making good contact.Also check the wires to the electro magnet and see if they are loose or frayed or broken.Clean the token sensor that the tokens pass through to count the credits

Thanks
    Thanks Received

What do I clean the contacts and electro magnet with?

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I use glass cleanrs on the sensors and alchohol on the connector terminals. The metal flap that opens and closes for the tokens can be cleaned with alchohol too and the slot it fits into,sometimes they get sticky and don't open and close right.

23. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to yose