Thread: Fixing a couple minor issues with a Nishijin A "Center King" model

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Fixing a couple minor issues with a Nishijin A "Center King" model

Hi everyone...this is my first post here.

I just got my second machine and it's a very nice one, but has a couple of small issues that I want to resolve. I was hoping to get some advice.

The first is that the jackpot see-saw is a little "sticky". If I manually cycle it a bunch before playing, it's pretty good to go. Payout takes about 2 -3 seconds from when the ball enters the pocket, which seems like a long time to me, probably given how sticky it is. If I go a day without playing it, it gets sticky again and won't payout until I manually trip it. So, the question is: is this something anyone else has dealt with, and is there a way or certain area of the mechanism I can lubricate, and if so, with what?

The other issue is that the little entrance where the balls cross over from the door unit into the loader isn't totally even...there's a slight "Step up" of about a millimeter or two. Sometimes I have to tap the little window to make the balls fall into the loader. I though sticking a little piece of paper under the "floor" on the door half would help (and it did) but then it prevents the payout switch from being moved. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

2. The following user says "Thanks" to Ballzack

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Fixing a couple minor issues with a Nishijin A "Center King" model

Welcome to PahiTalk, Ballzack! We are thrilled that you became a member of our forum.

The 2-3 seconds you report from the time the ball enters the win pocket until payout/bells/lights sounds about right, depending on the machine you have. There is travel time for the ball to get from the playfield and into the jackpot seesaw, then initiate the sequence to trigger the jackpot payout. As for the "sticky" seesaw, it sounds as if someone squirted some lubricant in there and it is all gummed up. The best thing to do is to disassemble the seesaw mechanism and clean the pivot points with Q-tips and metal/plastic polish. You DO NOT want to use any lubricants on these machines - simply cleaning all of the pivot points is sufficient.

Regarding the ball loader mechanism, there is an adjustment for the alignment. Can you post some pics of that area of your machine so that we can see which ball loader assembly you have?

Again, welcome to PachiTalk! Visit daily and post often!!

Jeff
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME TO PACHITALK
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by JACKSJE4 View Post

Welcome to PahiTalk, Ballzack! We are thrilled that you became a member of our forum.

The 2-3 seconds you report from the time the ball enters the win pocket until payout/bells/lights sounds about right, depending on the machine you have. There is travel time for the ball to get from the playfield and into the jackpot seesaw, then initiate the sequence to trigger the jackpot payout. As for the "sticky" seesaw, it sounds as if someone squirted some lubricant in there and it is all gummed up. The best thing to do is to disassemble the seesaw mechanism and clean the pivot points with Q-tips and metal/plastic polish. You DO NOT want to use any lubricants on these machines - simply cleaning all of the pivot points is sufficient.

Regarding the ball loader mechanism, there is an adjustment for the alignment. Can you post some pics of that area of your machine so that we can see which ball loader assembly you have?

Again, welcome to PachiTalk! Visit daily and post often!!

Jeff
    Like jeff said. All you need to do is take the mechanism off and really just take a clean rag and polish it up. Also please post some pictures. A discription is one thing but pictures help out a lot better. If you have some pictures we will also be able to tell you how to fix it and we can also physically see the issue.

100 machines and counting...

6. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks everyone for the help...here are some pics. (Hopper is empty hence the closed gate.

pachi1.jpgpachi2.jpgpachi3.jpg

8. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Ballzack

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice 1969 you have there. As far as i can tell, all of the front overflows (non-retrofits) were 1969, so that makes setting a date on it pretty darned easy, although I am still trying to verify that none were produced in 1970.

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Rival

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk

can ya post a better picture of the 1mm step where your puting the paper..

im not understanding the problem totaly???
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi All, I just picked up my first machine, and it was a Center King as well. It seems to be in decent enough shape, but I'm having trouble getting the jackpot to activate when the ball goes into the center target. I can activate it manually in the back, and when activated it works fine, with the appropriate bells and disgorgement of balls. Any idea how I could remedy the problem? Thanks in advance!

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Praetorian

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian View Post
    Hi All, I just picked up my first machine, and it was a Center King as well. It seems to be in decent enough shape, but I'm having trouble getting the jackpot to activate when the ball goes into the center target. I can activate it manually in the back, and when activated it works fine, with the appropriate bells and disgorgement of balls. Any idea how I could remedy the problem? Thanks in advance!
    Welcome to Pachitalk

does the machien work when other tulips are hit??? is it just the center one that is giving your problems??

Pictuers of your machine front and back would be a great help...

feel free to start your own thread as well.. that way you can keep up on posts that are to your machiens and its problems..

Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

15. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances