Thread: My new Sankyo and the full cyclic mod on a vintage

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default My new Sankyo and the full cyclic mod on a vintage

I will start this out with links to the original threads for both these machines

machine one Pachinko machine and balls - $25 (Portland/Lloyd Center area)

100_2155.jpg100_2156.jpg100_2157.jpg100_2158.jpg

and two Vintage Japanese Pachinko Machine - $100 (McMinnville)

100_2392.jpg100_2393.jpg100_2394.jpg100_2391.jpg

I am in both around $50 each and as you can see both are good looking machines but # two is missing many important parts from the back.

Number two has a very cool rule set for the tulips and the chrome and cell are in amazing condition so I wanted to get it working. So I swapped the backs as they have the quick releases I was able to get it working in a matter of minutes.

Now on to machine number one as it is no longer working, I dug through my parts box and found that I have no parts that would work with it to get it functioning again and I have been thinking about making a cyclic vintage so...

on to post two so I can add more pics
    the

LLTR

2. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to owennewton

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: My new Sankyo and the full cyclic mod on a vintage

Here are some closeups of the back showing what all is missing and what it looked like before I started modding.

100_2397.jpg100_2398.jpg100_2402.jpg100_2403.jpg

I had an Idea in mind for just using two ramps and cutting where needed so I could use as much of the original back as I could. I found a mount from the Arcade cabinet 100_2409.jpg cut the tabs off and mounted it to route the winning balls 100_2411.jpg as you can see I also made some guides, one to keep the balls from going to far the wrong way and the other to kick them through the hole I made in the back to route the balls to the same track it pays out on and when I get a ball in a pocket (most of the time) it will ring the bell on the way back to the tray

100_2410.jpg100_2417.jpg100_2418.jpg

Here are the after mod pictures, in pic 7 you can see where I had to trim the plastic, the path I made for losing balls out of another brace from the arcade cabinet and the hole for winning balls. Pic 8 shows a close up of the back (I thought I took one before I put the cover on but I guess not) and where the balls travel and the last pic is the back as it is now with the rest of the upper tracks removed as I don't need them on this machine anymore.

It took taking the back off 5 times to tweak and adjust things but I was able to play for about 20 minutes with no jams or hangups so I would call this a success and now I think this machine is even more fun to play as it was hard to get it to payout at all to start with.

This mod also makes it a good machine for younger kids as it only has 25 balls in it and there is no worry about keeping the trays full or catching them in the back to stop them from rolling allover the room.
    the

LLTR

4. The following 10 users say "Thanks" to owennewton