Thread: Bang Bang error code IC

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Bang Bang error code IC

I recently purchased my first Pachislo machine. I picked it up used for a good price because the coin mechanism had been messed with and would not accept tokens anymore. If I opened it up and put the token into the machine so it wouldnt just fall through, it accepted them and I could play. After taking the coin mechanism off (carefully) and trying to get it to accept tokens again, now I get an error code of IC randomly. Resetting the machine will remove the code until its set off again. No tokens will be counted, and some set off the error code. Its not any specific tokens that are doing it, and itll even be set off if I just bump it the wrong way. Does anyone have any knowledge of this machine and what the code IC means? Ive looked around online and havent seen that code. The machine is manufactured by Daito. Thank you.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Bang Bang error code IC

sorry i cant help ya but wanted to say

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

When you get time, post a pic of the machine and the coin mech. This should help the pachi-crew solve your problem!

4. The following user says "Thanks" to millermaster1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

HELLO and Welcome To PachiTalk.

Which Bang Bang do you own? Can you post a Picture of it. That would be a BIG Help in Helping you.
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

6. The following user says "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It acts like a loose connection , that sets it off when it is bumped. Try cleaning the sensor with glass cleaner and make sure all terminals are tight.It sounds like a simple fix.The part that the tokens slide through sounds like it is sticking open so the tokens fall out the back of it and into the front tray.Check for loose ground wires.Again check the connections.And also WELCOME TO PACHITALK.
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ill put some images of it up, thatll help eh?

PHOT0025.jpg
    This is the machine I have, its manufactured by Daito 1999

PHOT0026.jpg

This is the coin mechanism thats giving me issues. It seems to function as it should with the magnet closing the drop upon startup.

PHOT0028.jpg

This is a blurry as hell picture of the connector. Only 1, and its 10 wires. 2 go to the magnet, the other 8 go to the 2 sensors.

PHOT0032.jpg

Another picture of the coin mech, without flash.

I thought it could be a loose wire, since bumping it can set it off, but all of the connections look solid. Ive got no way I know of to test the connections without cutting wires. Im thinking of ordering a new coin mech. If I can find one. Im new to Pachislo so I dont know if this is a common part or not. Let me know what you think.

9. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to PhilSebben

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ive cleaned the connections thoroughly with no change in the problem. However, I cannot trigger it by bumping it anymore. In fact, it hasn't spit out the IC error code recently. It just wont take a token. It goes through the mechanism fine, but it doesn't get counted. Anyone else have a similar problem? It seems as though the sensor isn't seeing the coins go through. Would getting a new coin mechanism solve the problem or could it be something else i'm missing?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Your coin mech was also used in Daido machines, specifically the "Fever" series pachislo.
    You could check your local craigslist for listings on these titles:
    Fever Queen, Fever Ghost, Fever Franken, Shimuken, Street Cats, Top Gun, Bad Boy, Hanafuda, Henna Oji, Marine Gang, Labrynth, Ostrich Club, or Rival.

An individual previously had a similar issue & determined he was missing a small plate on the backside of the coin mech.
    You haven't supplied any images of the opposite side, so this is just stab in the dark.
    Below I have supplied a few images of a similar coin mechanism.

There are only two screws mounting the mech to your pachi.
    Remove yours, check the part # & visually compare it with these images.
    The last image represents the style of the pachislo referenced above as having a similar coin mechanism.

FGcm02.jpgcoin mech part num.jpgFGcm00.jpgcoin mech mount.jpgcoin mech ID.jpg

12. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to TikiTim

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It isn't by chance in the free spin reward is it,with the free spin symbols lined up on the reels ,it won't accept tokens if it is.
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

14. The following user says "Thanks" to yose

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ill go check that out now. I dont believe my coin mech has that brass colored plate thats on top in the first picture. Do you think that could be it? That wouldnt make much sense to me if thats why the coins arent registering seeing how it doesnt seem to have any impact on the electrical components. Then again, I dont know much about these. I dont think its a free-spin reward because the "insert medal" light is lit. Ill give that a shot too. Thank you. Ill let you know if any of that works.

Does anyone know what the code IC even means? It doesnt seem to come up anymore, I dont know if cleaning the contacts did anything though.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Heres a picture of the backside of the coin mech if that helps anyone diagnose whats going on.

PHOT0010.jpg

And heres the front again.
    PHOT0011.jpg

My camera isnt that great I apologize. The sticker reads "Model: R-Z-D No. 0016739 25(cents symbol)X1.6i

Thanks
    Thanks Received

They're definitely similar, but the images are too blurry to distinguish detail.
    Yours doesn't appear to have the plate, but unless you see two screw holes where it would be mounted... I'd have to assume it was designed without it.
    I'm not familiar with a IC error code. The "C" would definitely mean coin.
    A "CJ" error is a coin jam... maybe it's a "J" instead of an "I"?

Anyway... if I recall correctly, that plate fits just above the mount & keeps the two portions clamped. (forming the initial coin track)
    This reference is for a 2002 Daido model. I can't guarantee that your 1999 Daito Bang Bang pachi was designed this way.

18. The following user says "Thanks" to TikiTim

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Fixed! ... Kinda...

It was a contact issue. Not between the board and the connector, but the wires to the sensor diode. I found this out when I was holding the coin mech, plugged it in after cleaning it, and I moved my hand holding the coin mech trying to put a coin through setting the error off. I screwed it back in and moved the wires down near the sensor, which set it off again. So I jammed the wires so they were pinned in the machine between the coin mech and the bracket, which apparently was the needed position to regain contact. Its a temporary fix, but hey, it works! This being my first pachislo, Im stoked that its working, and its damn fun.

Apparently IC means something with the sensors. Are they infrared sensors? IC would make sense then. Infrared Coin sensor.

Thank you to all who offered suggestions and help!

20. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to PhilSebben

Thanks
    Thanks Received

From your pictures I suspect that someone was trying to make your machine use quarters but screwed up
    because they didn't know what they were doing. May explain the wiring trouble you found!
    They may be cracked/broken inside their insulation, that means replace them!
    As to the 1C code, that is a code I would not expect to see on a pachi. However, in real slots it
    usually mean a ram error perhaps a credit ram error. Might be caused by the sensor working intermittantly
    but usually from the machine sitting dead for a long time.
    Since it has gone away I think your machine has rebooted itself and corrected that trouble.
    Probably your machine was sitting unplugged for months. Best to turn on a pachi for 45-60 mins every 2 weeks
    at least even if you are not using it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think thats what was going on with this machine prior to my getting it. It does look messed with. Now I have a slightly bigger problem.

I took the coin mech off again because the error code was randomly being set off. I narrowed it down to the first sensor diode. The receiver is working fine, its the light transmitting diode that has the loose contact. So loose that when I went to carefully cut and rewire it, the leads snapped off of the diode. I suspect that one of the leads was snapped to begin with, and that is where my issue was. There is no support on any of the diode wires, so if they are moved, they bend right at the connection to the diode (genius engineering at work). Of course the wires are miniscule so trying to solder has been unsuccessful as of yet, but the diode still works. I found that out because I set the error code off while trying to make contact with the wires to see if it even works anymore.

Long story short, I dont think I can solder this together being that its so small. Where could I obtain another sensor, or is there a way to jury-rig it back into working order? And does anyone know what the second sensor is for? There are 2 in a row, and I cant figure out what the second one does. Could I snip that one and replace the first if it doesnt do anything?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi and WELCOME to PachiTalk ! ! !

First off do you have a Bang Bang or a Bang Bang Dash? Could you post a Picture of the Front of your Pachi? Looking at the Token Acceptor I think it is a Bang Bang the 1999 Machine.

Bang Bang was made in 1999. Bang Bang Dash was made in 2003.

If it's Bang Bang Dash the information (Wiring) below fits. If it's a Bang Bang we will have to do a little research as to if this will work or not.

O.K. Back to Bang Bang Dash, the 2003 Pachi.

Snip and Tuck of the sensor wiring will not work.

The Mother Board reads both of these sensors in the correct order to add a Credit to the Pachi. If both are not read in the right order and timing sequence the Machine will throw an error.

I own a Bang Bang Dash which Tony Junior was Kind enough to let me take care of. As you can see in my Signature below I own AutoSlot which I purchased from Vince a Member here also. Vince did not have a Database on this Pachi (Daito) yet which you can see in my Credit Add Page for Diato Machines:

Credit-Add Model Selection

I have figured them out but have not updated my Web Site yet. On the door PC Board plug, CN7 the Pins read as follows from left to right:

Pin 1 - Common
    Pin 2 - sensor 1 - negative 5 VDC
    Pin 3 - sensor 2 - negative 5 VDC
    pin 4 - -5 VDC to operate the sensors.
    Pins 5 and 6 control the Magnet that passes the Tokens into the Hopper or returns them into the lower door Tray and are around 28 volts.

The Negative 5VDC is the Glitch for a 2 sensor AutoSlot AS-02 to work in these Machines. The AS-02 will only work with a + 5 VDC on these pins not a - 5 VDC.

The Spin Knob Plug CN5, Pin 1 - Ground and Pin 2 - negative 5 VDC are also reversed from the normal "Build" the Majority of the Manufactures did back then.

BUT ! ! !

For the Spin Sense Signal Any AutoSlot automatically reads the voltage state on these wires on power up and operates as Per the Design that was put into it for any Brand Pachislo as long as it is not over 5 volts + or -.

Basically what happens is when the Token passes the two sensors which are sitting in your machine at - 5 VDC, the Sensor Grounds out the circuit which the Mother Board senses to add a Credit.

I have the AS-03 NC which is designed for Machines that operate Over + 5 volts on the Token Sensors. The Microchip in the AutoSlot can only handle 5 volts for this circuit. The AS-03 NC (Normally Closed) has two relays in it that can handle a Higher Voltage on the Token Sensors. It was originally designed with the thought of a positive Voltage not Negative.

Relays do not care about + or -. The AS-03 NC simulates the grounding of the Token sensors by opening the Circuit as the Token passes the Sensors.

I have not installed one yet in my Bang Bang Dash. I will try to get one installed in the next few days. If it works the AutoSlot can Simulate you inserting Tokens and get you back up and running to Play your Pachi until you find a replacement Token Acceptor. The AutoSlot also has an automatic Reel Stop function that can be turned on and off at your Desire.

The AutoSlot Main "PachiTalk" Web Page. :

Autoslot

Here you can research about AutoSlot.

I will contact a Few "Contacts" as to trying to find you a replacement. These Vendors will want to sell the whole Token Acceptor assembly. Not just the Sensor Block. I have been able to do this exact same thing for another Member. Can't promise that I can find you a replacement but I will Try.

Sorry that I have not Posted sooner. Things are a little Busy Round here right now.
    Last edited by new in town; 08-31-2011 at 02:31 PM. Reason: checking on which Diato Pachi you own Update added.
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

24. The following user says "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Its a Bang Bang as far as I know. Heres a link to PachisloDB for the exact machine I have.

http://www.pachislodb.com/db-BANG+BANG.html

I dont know if the Bang Bang Dash model is similar or not. On mine I know theres a 10 pin connection that goes from the coin mech to the main board. 2 wires are for the magnet, and the other 8 are for the 2 sensors. 4 per sensor, 2 for the diode, and 2 for the receiver. Would it be possible to get another diode that would produce the light needed for the receiver to see it? Just a thought. Let me know if any of your contacts happen to have another coin mech. Id hate to have an entirely junk pachi just because one stupid little part isnt working. Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

These are on Fleabay but they will not work.
    Maybe contact this Fleabay dealer to see if he has one for you.
    Coin mechs do show up there so search every week for "pachislo" to
    see everything being offered.

As for the sensor is there any possibility of using a good iron to bead solder
    on the contacts then tack on the wires? Strip the wires carefully and
    clean them before soldering. You can use model paint or nail polish to cover
    the wires after soldering. It acts like insulation.
    Maybe get some help from a buddy. a third hand will help a lot!

Coin mech quarter compatible pachislo skill slot cnt1 | eBay

Coin mech quarter compatible pachislo skill slot cnt2 | eBay

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Do you think that there are sensors like the one I need in those coin mechs? Its a long shot but could I cut the sensors out and solder them to the wires on the other coin mech? I doubt the sensors are the same though. Can anyone else pop their pachis open and look at the little sensor and see what they look like? Ive tried all sorts of soldering techniques and nothing has worked. The contacts are so small that any solder I get on them snaps off with just the pressure from the wire shifting around. Is there a way to trip the sensor by some other means? Thanks for the help.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I finally fixed it, for real this time!

I contacted that dealer on "fleabay" and he had a similar coin mech with the sensors on it. I bought it and soldered the new sensor onto the old one. Now its fixed! no more stupid errors!

Thanks to all who offered help, and special thanks to SlotsRfun for the idea to contact that dealer.

29. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to PhilSebben