Thread: Takeya Info

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Takeya Info

Hey all..new to the forum so a big "Hi" to everyone. Had a pachinko as a kid that my dad refurbed that I believe is in the hands of my nephew now, but anyway I found one on craigslist today and brought it home. The brand is Takeya and it is a flipper model with no dates on the expiration stickers. Just looking for any info that someone might direct me to. I am guessing that it is late sixty's or early seventy's...

Thanks for the help
    bekker

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to bekker

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Takeya Info

Never heard of a Takeya before. Does it have 1 ball tray at the top (model B or C), or does it have top and middle trays?(model A). We would love to see some pics, both front and back! Can't teach you how, but someone will post a link on how to very soon. By the way...andtoWe are all glad you found us!

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here's some pics of it...hope they help. Thanks!
    takeya 6.jpgtakeya 1.jpgtakeya 2.jpgtakeya 3.jpgtakeya 4.jpgtakeya 5.jpg

6. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to bekker

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk

neat looking machine... it appers that your missing the top ball hopper.. this will not make the game unplayable.. but it will require refilling the top quite often... im sure you can find a replacement hopper..

i have one that is a little cracked.. it has been repaired.. if your interested in it let me know
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice find!! I love the ornamentation on the front of the machine above the lower ball tray.

It's interesting...I have a Nishijin with that same center feature on it. I wonder if the machine brands are related?
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    Welcome to Pachitalk

neat looking machine... it appers that your missing the top ball hopper.. this will not make the game unplayable.. but it will require refilling the top quite often... im sure you can find a replacement hopper..

i have one that is a little cracked.. it has been repaired.. if your interested in it let me know
    I was thinking the upper ball tray looked particularly shallow. not sure it is missing, looks like metal support brackets to support it... but not deep enough to justify brackets! How about a pic or two of the tray up close, and down into the tray to see if anything is missing or just an unusually shallow design. Even if this is as designed, that is one shallow tray! You would greatly benefit from more capacity. If you accept Mopar's offer and modify his tray to hold more balls, held to the wood with screws; it would be easily reversable to original condition. Thanks Mopar, once again YOU DA MAN!
    Nice looking machine, be sure to read the stickies on how to clean it. Don't spray anything on the cell or you will get water stains. Very unusual machine different than the much more common Nishijins. This is the kind of machine I keep my eyes peeled for...something out of the ordinary.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by JACKSJE4 View Post
    Nice find!! I love the ornamentation on the front of the machine above the lower ball tray.

It's interesting...I have a Nishijin with that same center feature on it. I wonder if the machine brands are related?
    Yes it does have an Ebira center feature. Here is a description for "Ebirah":

Ebirah is an enormous fictional giant shrimp (Sometimes incorrectly referred to as a lobster or crawfish) that was first featured in the 1966 movie Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster (Ebirah: Horror of the Deep), and subsequently stared in All Monsters Attack (via stock footage) and 2004's Godzilla: Final Wars.

If you want to read more here is where I found it: http://godzilla.wikia.com/wiki/Ebirah

Your machine looks fairly similar to one of my Nationals (aka Panasonic) I have a picture of it attached. I also attached a picture of my Ebira machine.

Your machine also has the date sticker on it. Look at the last attached photo that is where it is (in the red box). Take that 2 digit # and then add 24 and that gives you the year it was built.

I almost forgot to Pachitalk.
    Attached Images Attached Images

100 machines and counting...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I knew I had a machine that was more similar than my national. I found it, it is my New Matsuya.
    Attached Images Attached Images

12. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks to everyone that has replied. I can see why these machines are so addictive - the more I learn about all of it, the more fascinated I become with what I am learning. I have enclosed some more pictures - the expiration sticker, which is hard to see in the picture, appears to have "19 - 2" on it. Would that be 1943? I can't believe that is would be that old. Also some pictures of the top ball tray. It doesn't appear that it originally have had a top tray, but the are a couple of what appear to be nail holes near that area. Anyway, thanks again for responding.takeya 5.jpgtaekya 4.jpgtake 6.jpgtakeya 1.jpgtakeya 2.jpgtakeya 3.jpgtakeya 4.jpg

14. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to bekker

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Very nice machine!! Thanks for the additional pics.

It looks like it had an upper jackpot ball hopper at one time, but was removed and someone made a mod to hold balls at the top of the track. Also, can you explain how the ball launcher in your last photo works? I don't think I have seen a design like that one before.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by bekker View Post
    Thanks to everyone that has replied. I can see why these machines are so addictive - the more I learn about all of it, the more fascinated I become with what I am learning. I have enclosed some more pictures - the expiration sticker, which is hard to see in the picture, appears to have "19 - 2" on it. Would that be 1943? I can't believe that is would be that old.
    Yep you will soon have about 4 or more machines. No the date isn't 43. It doesn't appear that that sticker actually has the date some of them don't. This machine was built in the late 60's to early 70's. I would put a date of about 73 on it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

just wondering how you all display your machines? I was thinking of framing it out and putting it on a wall. I haven't started cleaning it yet, so it will be sometime in the future before I start. I'm right in the middle of an old radio restoration that has taken up more of my time than I anticipated...but I would like to get started on it soon.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

just wondering how you all display your machines? I was thinking of framing it out and putting it on a wall. I haven't started cleaning it yet, so it will be sometime in the future before I start. I'm right in the middle of an old radio restoration that has taken up more of my time than I anticipated...but I would like to get started on it soon.
    I haven't made a cabinet for any of mine yet. But I like to use maple and cut about a 12" X 3" X 1". They made really nice feet and they look good when stained. (Many people use pine for feet. But pine is cheap, looks cheap, and won't hold up as long.)

Also can you post a picture of your radio. We would like to see it. I cleaned up a 53 or 54 Raytheon myself. (Bought it at a thrift store of $12 and was in working condition when bought )

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have a Takeya I am going to junk out

http://www.pachinkorestorations.com/Mushroom%20Head.htm
    Unless you try to be more than you are, what you are is all you will ever be.
    http://www.pachinkorestorations.com/

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by cardwwi View Post
    I have a Takeya I am going to junk out

http://www.pachinkorestorations.com/Mushroom Head.htm
    I could use the ball tray. Would you like to sell it?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Let me dig it out to make sure it is still good, yes I would like to sell it, just send me a PM.

I could use the ball tray. Would you like to sell it?
    Unless you try to be more than you are, what you are is all you will ever be.
    http://www.pachinkorestorations.com/