Thread: Pachinko Tower Cabinet - Top Gun/Vintage

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Pachinko Tower Cabinet - Top Gun/Vintage

I thought I would post my latest (two) weekend project. The "tower" cabinet as I like to call it will fit my Top Gun above and my vintage pachinko below. Cabinet rolls on casters so I can easily move it around my inside game room & garage(extended part to my inside game room. Lower doors open and can also act as a "stabilizer " for the cabinet. Adjustable feet under each door. Since the two machines are pretty much centered the cabinet does not seem to want to tip(That was my first concern when building this) Wanted to keep this simple and less bulky in size. Measurments are 6'-0 tall x 2'-0 wide x 1'-0 deep. There are two sliding doors in the back for ball load and ball tray for my vintage machine. I added a ball load at the top - there is a piece of carpet material that acts as a trap door so that things(dirt, etc) other than the balls do not get into the load tray. There is a fever "cheat" button located in the center just above the doors. Made it look like it could be a drawer above the doors. The final addition was a black light for the vintage machine. Picked one up at a thrift store($6) - under cabinet mounted style. The Blue Angel model was also a thrift store find. Since I had extra parts(hardware, casters, cherry stain) the complete cost to me was around $60 in materials. I'm happy with it for a weekend project(more like two weekends). Nicely displays two of my machines that can be played in any room.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by slotsoffun; 08-02-2011 at 12:21 AM.
    Who knew a small chrome ball would be so much fun !
    Vintage pachinko, Bond 007(Pachislo),Bond 007, Star Wars Pachinko,Top Gun Pachinko,Williams BLACK KNIGHT 2000 pinball, Dick Clark's New Year's Eve slot

2. The following 13 users say "Thanks" to slotsoffun

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Pachinko Tower Cabinet - Top Gun/Vintage

Nice work! Looks really good.

4. The following user says "Thanks" to monkeyboy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by slotsoffun View Post
    There is a fever "cheat" button located in the center just above the doors.
    This is GREAT - nice work !!!

What is a fever "cheat" button? And how do you get your pictures to be big and in the text? My pictures are always small... ;-(
    PACHINKO - Nishijin Model A, 2005 Newgin Cutie Honey, 2015 TAKAO Queen's Blade 2
    BUBBLE HOCKEY - SUPER CHEXX PRO | MAME - 4 Player Entertainment Center
    PINBALL - Williams Grand Lizard

6. The following user says "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by CarlW View Post
    This is GREAT - nice work !!!

What is a fever "cheat" button? And how do you get your pictures to be big and in the text? My pictures are always small... ;-(

THANKS!!
    The "cheat" (as I notice some members call it)button allows you to go through the play modes (and award you the three balls)without actually playing balls. For me, sometimes I just like watching the video portion. I know, defeats the reason of playing a pachinko game but I like options. Mine is a old style spring loaded plunger switch used on car alarms. It has a threaded base and "bullet" style connection on the shaft. Cut one wire at the connector(typicaly one is yellow & one is orange)One wire connects to the shaft, the other is soldered to the base. You are just adding a in line momentary switch. When you push or "trigger" the switch it momentarily breaks the circuit causing the machine to advance your plays and payout the three balls. I then added a rubber boot over the top. I have installed these in my Sankyo and now my Taiyo machine. The Sankyo plug location was a little easier to locate than the Taiyo. I believe ther are threads relating to this switch or I you can PM me for pics.
    Not sure why my cabinet pics posted large?? I too was thrown by it. I first posted them as the "attached thumbnails" then went back to revise my message. I then noticed the pics were large. I'm sure someone on this site has an answer as to why?
    Hope I helped?
    Regards,
    Slotsoffun
    Vintage pachinko, Bond 007(Pachislo),Bond 007, Star Wars Pachinko,Top Gun Pachinko,Williams BLACK KNIGHT 2000 pinball, Dick Clark's New Year's Eve slot

Thanks
    Thanks Received

"free spin" or "free play" or just "cheater" are likely better names than "fever cheat" as that is misleading, just a thought.

the picture thing is just a software bug with the site right now, if you go in and edit a post or "reply with quote" the pics will all show up embedded at full size
    the

LLTR

9. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to owennewton

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by owennewton View Post
    "free spin" or "free play" or just "cheater" are likely better names than "fever cheat" as that is misleading, just a thought.

the picture thing is just a software bug with the site right now, if you go in and edit a post or "reply with quote" the pics will all show up embedded at full size

My bad...thanks owennewton. Yes, "free play" is what I meant to describe. I like to use "cheat" cause your not playing the machine useing the balls. (Or as my wife says - "less noisy mode")

11. The following user says "Thanks" to slotsoffun