Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Side tross has arrived !!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Side tross has arrived !!!

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    thats right. I haven't used the feature yet because the only model A's I have played are the one I have in inventory. (I was only running test balls through them). I have been messing with the idea of what would actually fit on that "tray" at the bottom. I think you have the answer to the way it worked there. But looking at some video's not many balls come out there. (unless you go and dump the machine)
    Precisely! Generally NO balls fall down the chute, only when lower ball tray is full. Then only at the rate of lost balls the player shoots. I would think all of these balls fall through the hole (SWISH! Nothing but net!) Only during ball dump would so many balls flowing would any miss the hole making a bucket with a hole necessary.
    New subject. My jackpot window.side tross 016.jpg It has a pretty bad curve to it.curve 002.jpg I was thinking of setting it on a flat surface and CAREFULLY heating it with a heat gun then pressing down onto the flat surface till it cools. Has anyone tried this. Any other suggestions? And probably the most important question of all...Does anyone have one just like it, in case I try it and it bursts into flames?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

oooh that is a pretty nasty curve. I don't know how well it will flaten out. if you try just make sure your heat gun is on the lowest setting and keep it fairly far away. (you also might want to clean the part first if you haven't already). And if you do end up needing it I may have a replacement cover for you. I'll have to check (but I really would like to keep it, one of my 60+ machines might need it.).

100 machines and counting...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

oooh that is a pretty nasty curve. I don't know how well it will flaten out. if you try just make sure your heat gun is on the lowest setting and keep it fairly far away. (you also might want to clean the part first if you haven't already). And if you do end up needing it I may have a replacement cover for you. I'll have to check (but I really would like to keep it, one of my 60+ machines might need it.).
    Did you get those machines off of Ebay, I think from Florida? I remember a large lot of machines down south somewhere. The price wasn't bad, but the road trip would have made it less profitable. I was actually thinking about it!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    Did you get those machines off of Ebay, I think from Florida? I remember a large lot of machines down south somewhere. The price wasn't bad, but the road trip would have made it less profitable. I was actually thinking about it!
    Nope. I wouldn't drive that far for them.

Here is the thread all about it ► http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/crai...n-park-ca.html

And then here is the thread on the machines ► http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/vint...-machines.html

Man that first link was really hidden took me about 30 minutes to find it.

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Some guys will take pinball playfield plastics and place them between two panes of glass and then set it in the sun to gently flatten old plastics. You may have luck with something similar.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

7. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by emmadog View Post
    Some guys will take pinball playfield plastics and place them between two panes of glass and then set it in the sun to gently flatten old plastics. You may have luck with something similar.
    Well isn't that technique mainly for the "backglass" on the machines. Or other flatter parts. Which means it might not work. But if you have the supplies it is worth a shot.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think you're referring to plastic translites but the parts I refer to are the playfield plastics that can warp over time. The clear jackpot lens, if that's what he's referring to looks flat or should be flat to me.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by emmadog View Post
    I think you're referring to plastic translites but the parts I refer to are the playfield plastics that can warp over time. The clear jackpot lens, if that's what he's referring to looks flat or should be flat to me.
    totally confused now. There are so many parts on a pinball machine. Thats why I like pachinko more. Less parts. Yeah I was talking about the translight. Sorry I heard the trem backglass used somewhere. (I think it was either pawn stars or american pickers I forget which.)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Translites are plastic backglasses. They replaced glass as time went on-maybe in the 80's? Not sure since all my pins are from the late 30's to '71 and have silk screened glass backglasses. The playfield plastics are flat pieces that cover slingshots or other areas for decorative reasons and are lit from underneath and and they sometimes warped from the heat. I once tried to flatten a piece of plastic from a pachinko in a very low oven. I had done it several times before with no issues but that particular time caused the plastic to curl up badly. That part has since become a guinea pig for paint adhesion.
    Last edited by emmadog; 08-10-2011 at 06:05 PM.

12. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The clear jackpot lens is flat, but the housing that frames it has complex shape.side tross 016.jpg The curve is in the white plastic behind the green. Both are securely glued together, and both are now curved.curve 002.jpg The clear lens is flat and could be easily replaced if damaged in the process. I could build a heat box that included a jig that applied pressure to the appropriate locations, but that translates to much more work than I wish to invest on a "might work".curve 2 001.jpgcurve 2 002.jpg As you can see, the shape prohibits the 2 panes theory, which I will keep in mind for other future issues. I'm going to clean it, and try the heat gun later tonight.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm going to clean it, and try the heat gun later tonight.
    It's dirty. from those pictures above it looks spotless. Good luck with the heat gun. (I don't want to give up my spare, I could wreck my own and then will need a replacement )

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It's dirty. from those pictures above it looks spotless. Good luck with the heat gun. (I don't want to give up my spare, I could wreck my own and then will need a replacement )
    It's not bad, pictures can be deceiving. I learned that from ebay!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It's not bad, pictures can be deceiving. I learned that from ebay!
    yep. The chrome always looks nicer in photo's than it does in real life. That is why I try to put the best lighting possible on my objects so you can see all the little details (and I can make them disappear in a snap).

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Success! Not at taking pictures; mind you. For some reason nothing has been in focus lately. But the jackpot window melted straight.fixed 005.jpg I knew it was warm enough when the plastic started to discolor. fixed 004.jpg While still hot I pressed down on a counter top. It only suffered minor damage.fixed 006.jpg This edge will be against a wall and never seen again. fixed 003.jpgfixed 002.jpgfixed 001.jpg I test fitted it and looks great!

18. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Took a vacation from Side Tross when Kan Less arrived. Of course now that the honeymoon has worn off it's time to put it back together before I forget where everything goes!reassemble 001.jpg Got the bulk of jackpot assembly together. Tested jackpot and after a few adjustments...OK! Of course I reassembled with screws, but of course something goes wrong.reassemble 002.jpgI had to make a hole in the part that feeds a ball to the shooter because the screw wasn't flush and the clear part wouldn't sit flat. I'm not entering it into any shows, so I shouldn't lose points. I still have polish residue on the rear cover, so it is not ready to install yet. I haven't spent much effort on the front yet, but I did clean some of the cell.reassemble 004.jpg I just couldn't stand the crud! I'll clean the cell better and polish the nails later when I have more time. For now, just gonna complete the back, function test, make the necessary adjustments...and enjoy!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looking good.

Did you use those conicle head screws all the way around? Because for most the parts on there you should use pan head screws so it sucks the part flat to the wood. That one part where you cut the plastic would need a conicle. But you had to counter sink the plastic first. (just take a bit a little smaller that the head of the screw (about a 16th smaller) and go all the way through the plastic.) It should sit flush if you do that.

22. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Almost completely done with the back.side tross discoveries 006.jpg only 3 covers not installed, only 2 covers not lost.side tross discoveries 007.jpgI'm holding this with my finger because I lost the 2or3 nails that hold them in place. I also misplaced the jackpot tray cover. Of course there is the usual testing and tweaking phase where I discovered / learned a couple things. I know that the winning ball falls into the lower tray. But more than 1 would sometimes fall and I needed to know why. While feeding balls manually into the jackpots to test lower tray refill I suspected that there was a failsafe of some sort for being too stupid to drain the top tray to prevent malfunctions. I thought the white tray above the bell (the one that Crybaby modeled for me in post #13) would stay down (it hinges down on the roller lifting a lever that resets the jackpot seesaw) therefore keeping the JP seesaw from working till tray was cleared. I was wrong, Nishijin had a much more elegant solution. The tray that routes balls to the top play tray has a slight incline at the back that dumps balls into the back of the machine down a chute to the lower tray.I couldn't get a very good pic, but here it is.side tross discoveries 004.jpg I also discovered while feeding balls by hand into various jackpots, that when a ball enters the center and falls into the open tulip it don't close like it does when the ball enters the tulip from the side. I thought this was a fluke at first, but it happened every time! close examination showed a small triangle of plasticside tross discoveries 001.jpg that bounced the ball back and beyond the lever that closes the tulip. 002.jpgIt is on the backside of the orange plastic on the tulip. You can only enter by going through the center, or theoretically the 2 white dangle thingys (official term, look it up) can swing inward allowing ball entry...unlikely. The 2 double dragon jackpotsDD 003.jpg are the only ones that offer no bonus, each 15 balls only. Every other jackpot opens the tulip. Going through the center leaves tulip open. Finally only 1 way to open side tross pockets. You must go between the eyes of the "owl" to open only 1 side tross. A seesaw like mechanismtear down sidetross 072.jpg directs the ball alternately to the left or right. If you hit the center and side tross is already open, and the time is right for the ball to go to the open side, Sorry about your luck, 15 balls only.
    Attached Images Attached Images

24. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

yeah the one tulip with the triangle is interesting. I have one on my rolling stone that I had to deal with. It makes it so the only way to close it is by going in through the side of the tulip. so you can constantly get jackpots by going through the top of it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3