Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Side tross has arrived !!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Side tross has arrived !!!

So I take it you think $20 is far too much for the side tross model A?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

No $20 is a great price for a side tross model A. The model doesn't matter, even the side tross doesn't matter. That is a Great price for a machine period.

100 machines and counting...

3. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Pachiwall I have a machine for you. It is a lady bug machine (was ). I have the upper tray and panel. But you lose the lower tray and the chrome shooter cover. So we got a deal. You send me $50 and I'll send you this machine.

[/QUOTE] ???

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    so i take it you think $20 is far too much for the side tross model a?
    pachiwall i have a machine for you. It is a lady bug machine (was ). I have the upper tray and panel. But you lose the lower tray and the chrome shooter cover. So we got a deal. You send me $50 and i'll send you this machine.

Okay Now I am officially confused on what you are saying.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com/220822043466?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com%3A80%2Fi.html%3F_ from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp4712.m570.l1313%26_nkw%3D22082204346 6%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

There is the link.

Pachiwall if you want I have about 50 machines all Nishijins in about the same condition. (maybe a little nicer)
    Do you have anything unusual?
    And now for the good stuff!tear down sidetross 001.jpg THE CLEANEST PART OF THE WHOLE MACHINE! Actually it is a better view of the 2 way ball dump device. tear down sidetross 004.jpg The number in the lower ball tray seems to be installed by the parlor operator. New, the machine likely had a hole drilled; and the operator got a set of numbers with each machine. Glued the number in as needed.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

tear down sidetross 044.jpgStep 1: Remove upper ball tray.tear down sidetross 055.jpg Several steps were skipped to get here.tear down sidetross 062.jpgtear down sidetross 066.jpgtear down sidetross 068.jpg Going to polish the cover to hopefully see these details better. I put white paper behind the "director" in order to see it better. tear down sidetross 071.jpgtear down sidetross 072.jpg Now she looks like this.tear down sidetross 073.jpg Time to clean!

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Do you have anything unusual?
    Nope not really. The one that I showed you above is one of the most interesting ones I have (had I'm using it for parts). The only machine that I do have that is unusual is my circut racer machine but I would NEVER sell that one (well maybe in a few years I might)

Also it looks like you are missing the sticker for the ball dump lever. I have one pictured below. But the one that goes on your machine is an oval. (I have machines with that sticker I just don't have any close up pictures of them)
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Anyone who has ever used plastic polish and a Dremel...know where I am!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Anyone who has ever used plastic polish and a Dremel...know where I am!
    Got any pictures?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

No good ones001.jpg4th square above flash. This is damage sanded and ready to polish. I want to make it clear, it looked frosted before. Is there an easy way? Q-tips and plastic polish work way too slow. Dremel and plastic polish is unsafe...and don't do a good job.003.jpg This is where I am now, lots of polish left in the corners. Probably clear enough, but I would like it clearer. The vertical lines are easy, how can I quickly polish the egg crate part? I'm sure this won't be my last.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

well you can't exactaly polish the lens housing. You would have to take the lens out to do that (easily). Just polish the lens the same way you have been polishing everything else. What are you using for polish by the way? Because that cover is clearer than any on the machines I tried to clean up.

15. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you are looking to get the polish out of the corners, I would use an old soft bristle toothbrush. I keep several in my shop and use one for polishing the hard-to-reach crevices, and another for rinsing the polish residue out. Run it under warm water and use a clean toothbrush scrub the polish away.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

17. The following user says "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by JACKSJE4 View Post
    If you are looking to get the polish out of the corners, I would use an old soft bristle toothbrush. I keep several in my shop and use one for polishing the hard-to-reach crevices, and another for rinsing the polish residue out. Run it under warm water and use a clean toothbrush scrub the polish away.
    Yes, I have found that toothbrush works well to remove residue. Does it work to polish the square grid areas too?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

well you can't exactaly polish the lens housing. You would have to take the lens out to do that (easily). Just polish the lens the same way you have been polishing everything else. What are you using for polish by the way? Because that cover is clearer than any on the machines I tried to clean up.
    Been using BLUE MAGIC headlight restorer001.jpg Seems to work for me.

20. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes, I have found that toothbrush works well to remove residue. Does it work to polish the square grid areas too?
    I use a toothbrush and plastic cleaner for cleaning textured areas, as well as cleaning in narrow grooves that I can't get a Q-Tip into. It works pretty well.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

22. The following user says "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Cleaning the lower ball tray, an area looks modified. Had to put some parts back on to see why, looks too amateur to be factory.Attachment 43731 This is the overflow inlet for the lower ball tray. I learned about it from Mopar's excellent model A video. If lower tray is full, balls will overflow into this hole and down into a collection container. Some plastic was removed from the corner, but when the lost ball exit ramp is installed, It looks like maybe done at the factory.Attachment 43732 Lousy pic but you get the point. I wanted to learn from my other model A, but it is a metal tray, single ball machine.model A single ball 001.jpgThe rest of the back looks like this model A single ball 003.jpg I know that close up by itself was just a tease. sidetross takedown 007.jpgDidn't expect to go this far, but once you take the top tray off...you know, IT'S ON! Only 2 more assemblies left.sidetross takedown 005.jpgThis one has a ball track that will be challenging.sidetross takedown 008.jpg And of course the jackpot tray, I want to call it a seesaw...but that name is already taken. Somebody help me with a name here.(maybe I should go back and watch Mopar's video again!) I thought I had a closeup of this assembly...oops! These 2 assemblies have to be removed together. The long arm that pushes up on the jackpot tray is inserted through a slot and has to be rotated 90 degrees to remove.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Don't know why 1st 2 pics didn't show. Here is the area that looks modifiedsidetross takedown 001.jpg When lost ball exit ramp is installed, looks like it needs to be that waysidetross takedown 002.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

odd I have never seen that before. when you have the ramp on is there any way you can possibly move it out towards the back? That would say that it either broke or someone choped it. if you can't move the ramp out that should mean that it is factory.

then again I completely forget what that chute does at the moment.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

odd I have never seen that before. when you have the ramp on is there any way you can possibly move it out towards the back? That would say that it either broke or someone choped it. if you can't move the ramp out that should mean that it is factory.

then again I completely forget what that chute does at the moment.
    Mopars video in the stickies at top of vintage pachinko shows it very well. I didn't know it was there until I watched it. If lower ball tray is full, rather than overflow or backup into bottom of playfield, the balls fall into the chute and are directed out this exit spout.overflow 001.jpg I used pic from single ball because it is complete. Ball comes out of curved spout and falls into hole below. If I get real close It is hereoverflow 002.jpg on side tross. The same spout and hole is used for ball dump, just uses different path.overflow 003.jpg Seems like that metal tray was designed to hold a cup of some kind. Yet anything that will fit will be too small for a parlor. Maybe a cup that locks onto the tray and has a hole in the bottom allowing the balls to go directly into their ball management system, using the cup to capture balls that miss the hole. With nothing in place the ball will fall directly through the hole, which goes through the wood frame. And of course some will miss, hence my proposed cup w/hole in bottom.
    The lost ball ramp was stapled in place and so was lower ball tray. Therefore, done at factory.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Mopars video in the stickies at top of vintage pachinko shows it very well. I didn't know it was there until I watched it. If lower ball tray is full, rather than overflow or backup into bottom of playfield, the balls fall into the chute and are directed out this exit spout. I used pic from single ball because it is complete. Ball comes out of curved spout and falls into hole below. If I get real close It is here on side tross. The same spout and hole is used for ball dump, just uses different path. Seems like that metal tray was designed to hold a cup of some kind. Yet anything that will fit will be too small for a parlor. Maybe a cup that locks onto the tray and has a hole in the bottom allowing the balls to go directly into their ball management system, using the cup to capture balls that miss the hole. With nothing in place the ball will fall directly through the hole, which goes through the wood frame. And of course some will miss, hence my proposed cup w/hole in bottom.
    The lost ball ramp was stapled in place and so was lower ball tray. Therefore, done at factory.
    thats right. I haven't used the feature yet because the only model A's I have played are the one I have in inventory. (I was only running test balls through them). I have been messing with the idea of what would actually fit on that "tray" at the bottom. I think you have the answer to the way it worked there. But looking at some video's not many balls come out there. (unless you go and dump the machine)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast