Thread: www.pinballdave.com

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default www.pinballdave.com

Just a quick note to inform you that my website http://www.pinballdave.com may be unavailable at various times over the next couple of weeks. This is due to a minor dispute* with my current hosting provider, so I'm now in the process of selecting a new host (who hopefully will be a little more competent and a little less fraudulent), and will be going through the process of transferring the website over the next few days or so.

If the website is unavailable and you need to contact me with regard to dongles or other related stuff, then drop me a private message, or send an email to pinballdave@gmail.com

I'll update this thread if I have any further news, or once everything has been transferred over successfully.

* As the 'minor dispute' has escalated to the 'bunch of crooks' stage, and I have told them that to their faces, I would not be too surprised if their response is for my website to mysteriously disappear without warning (according to anecdotal evidence on the internet**, they do have form in this area), so thought I'd warn you all, just in case you might think that it's me that has done a runner, rather than just the website!

**which as we all know should not be trusted at all!

2. The following 19 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: www.pinballdave.com

Well, the argument I had with my current hosting provider is now over. After a week or two of arguing, they refunded me the unauthorised payment they had taken from my credit card, but only after I had cancelled my entire hosting package from them. I'm now getting all the 'free' and 'discounted' offers from their retention department, but it's pointless as the trust has been lost, and I'd prefer to spend my money elsewhere.

The site has been mirrored on http://www.pinballdave.co.uk with my new webhosts (previously this address would just redirect you to the homepage of the .com site), and I'll be checking it over the next few days before I transfer the .com address to the new hosts on Tuesday.

Hopefully everything will go smoothly, but if you see any problems then let me know.

4. The following 12 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

good luck Dave!

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Sid

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Best of Luck Dave. Your Site is 10 fold compared to my AutoSlot Site as far as Bells and Whistles. Even so. I have had "issues"
    in the past with my Web provider.
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

8. The following user says "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just finished checking the site and submitted the DNS change to point the pinballdave.com domain to the new hosts. This should happen sometime during the next 48 hours and may happen at different times for different people (depending on when your ISP updates it's cached DNS records).

Hopefully all will go well and the change will be seamless. If it doesn't go well, then the site may disappear for a while, but you should still be able to access it at the http://www.pinballdave.co.uk/ address.

To see if your ISP has updated the DNS records yet check this page. If it comes up with a 'Not Found' error message, then you're still on the old site. If you're looking at the new site there should be a message to tell you.

10. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Got the New Web Site. Thanks Dave. . .
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

12. The following user says "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi Dave, any plans to add more machines to the game list page? I have found this to be a great resource when searching for new games to fit my frames.

14. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to monkeyboy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
    Hi Dave, any plans to add more machines to the game list page?
    There is an intention to add more machines, but as it is quite time consuming to compile these lists (mostly due to the fact that all the source material is in Japanese!) combined with my lack of spare time at the moment, there are no immediate plans to add more.

16. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to daverob