Thread: USA W-Lifter Pics Coming Soon! Full USA Worm Lifter DIY Write-up

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default (USA W-Lifter Pics) Coming Soon! Full USA Worm Lifter DIY Write-up

Hey There Fellow Members!

Pictures Below!

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am nearing completion on my worm lifter.

I've found the right gears, same motor as Mr. D. appropriate bearings and the same bracket

though its mounts are slightly different but a middle cut allows you to space the motor in smaller

amounts by spinning the motor unit and only using one bolt. It even wedges itself against the middle cut.

Also like I said before, I'll be providing a very detailed write-up on my methods and what I

used so that anyone over here in the States can build one if they really want to. I will be taking

this model to another level and hope to eventually provide them at a very reasonable price. (Not MDF units though)

Shipping won't be a problem, some assembly would be required but it could easily be simplified.

Here are some pictures (one my girlfriend was kind enough to model it ) of the completed lift

unit. I only mounted the motor to the top because I just wanted to see it run, I plan to move it

below later. Both gears together cost about 20 bucks Larger had to be bored out.

Thanks for readin! Keep an eye out for the write-up !

Lifter Upper Top-Drive Test Method Shot 3.jpgCierra Dea and Lifter.jpgLifter Upper Top-Drive Test Method Shot 1.jpgLifter Upper Top-Drive Test Method Shot 2.jpg

2. The following 20 users say "Thanks" to WondersPachi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: (USA W-Lifter Pics) Coming Soon! Full USA Worm Lifter DIY Write-up

Sweet !!! I'll be really interested to learn how many balls/min it will push !!!
    Last edited by rubberratt; 08-01-2011 at 09:40 PM.

せぶん戦闘機 せぶん

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks, WondersPachi! I like your lifter! I want to make one similar to yours, but milled out of a 1 3/4 inch diameter piece of round stock with a 7/32 radius in the floor of the spiral ramp and belt drive with a couple of sheaves instead of gears, so that it could slip if it had to. The belt could be made from a cross-sectional cut of a radiator hose which is rubber impregnated fiber. I figure that I should be able to place 3 to 4 (or more) vertical guide rods in close proximity to the worm to make 3 or 4 balls lift at a time. Pachiwall was kind enough to supply dimensions and pictures of his drive gear on his ball lifter, which I think about making also. But, when there are no more balls to be picked up, with the gear type, you are still stuck with having to have about 75 balls trapped in that column, going nowhere. With a worm, all of the balls go to the feed tray at the top to be fed by gravity as the feed tubes above the hoppers lower their levels enough to allow balls to flow. These are rough details which I have derived from reading posts here on PachiTalk and watching videos. If and when I get time, I will see what I can build. Sorry, about my rambling.
    Last edited by knedvecki; 08-02-2011 at 10:16 PM.
    It'll shine, when it shines!

5. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to knedvecki

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm looking to make a voltage cutoff device of some sort. Berzerk with his balldozer integrated a jam buzzer into it. I did some testing tonight and with my hand holding the motor back I'd say If there is something out there like a relay that would switch at around 15 volts you could make a cutoff then route it to a beeper or buzzer. Isn't that how you'd make a low-voltage cutoff? Anyone know how that would work???

Thanks K!
    I'm working on the electronics at the moment then its onto a collection and feeder tray.