Thanks Received

Default Re: Arrangeball

Local pickup only - no shipping.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i dont rember the play field looking like that... but i have see the inside of that machine before...

the coin mech is missing and i doubt it will work as intended... Im sure theres a thread about it somewhere in hear...
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

be vewy vewy quiet im hunting pachis... Lt Teddy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes this machine was listed on craigs list about a year ago if I remember right. It had a big kettle in the middle and had been juried to work on two quarters when it worked. Somebody had really tinkered??? with it. It is different in that it is a horse race game instead of a numbers game. Probably one of the first of the arrangeballs made at the time.
    Over the hills and threw the woods, pachi hunting we go.
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

7. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Lt Teddy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Lt Teddy View Post
    Yes this machine was listed on craigs list about a year ago if I remember right. It had a big kettle in the middle and had been juried to work on two quarters when it worked. Somebody had really tinkered??? with it. It is different in that it is a horse race game instead of a numbers game. Probably one of the first of the arrangeballs made at the time.
    So are you saying that basically it won't work and it isn't worth the $155. So I should then send the guy an email to see I he will sell it to me for $50. Not to far of a drive for me to go get that (at least not as long as a drive up to mopar's area that took a while).

100 machines and counting...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

No shippIng unless u make it worth their trouble.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by emmadog View Post
    No shippIng unless u make it worth their trouble.
    I wouldn't need it shipped anyways

Thanks
    Thanks Received

After looking more closely I had talked to the seller when he had it on craigs list. He said he had it sold locally and at that time it was for a hundred. If you look at the insides it is missing all of the payout mechanism from the bottom. Hard to see but it is gone. It would probably register the lights but it has no payout mech on the bottom. Just for your information. And I am not sure that it works at all.
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

12. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Lt Teddy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Lt Teddy View Post
    After looking more closely I had talked to the seller when he had it on craigs list. He said he had it sold locally and at that time it was for a hundred. If you look at the insides it is missing all of the payout mechanism from the bottom. Hard to see but it is gone. It would probably register the lights but it has no payout mech on the bottom. Just for your information. And I am not sure that it works at all.
    Yeah I did notice that the payout mech at the bottom was missing. It also looks like it has some other issues with some wiring on it. It will take a while to try to get this thing running. Also anyone possibly have any parts for one of these?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    So are you saying that basically it won't work and it isn't worth the $155. So I should then send the guy an email to see I he will sell it to me for $50. Not to far of a drive for me to go get that (at least not as long as a drive up to mopar's area that took a while).
    Well I am not interested as to me it is not even worth parts. You are not getting much even at fifty dollars. I am sure if you have ever played an arrangeball you would not be interested. But to each his own.
    The problem with parts for some reason is that the payout mechanism for some reason is the missing parts. Another thing that might make it more interesting to you is that it is the only one I have seen. If I was spending money on one I would contact Mopar, emmadog, or another member here. That is where I bought two of mine.
    Last edited by Lt Teddy; 07-30-2011 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

15. The following user says "Thanks" to Lt Teddy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Parts are almost impossible to find but it can definitely be brought back to life. Just depends on how much work and time u want to invest but it's a cool machine.I remember a similar one with a golf theme???

17. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The other thing besides work and time $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

An arrangeball is not like a pachinko. Not very many people will work on one and most all ask for a Schematic. Have yet to buy one with one. Emmadog had one done for a Satomi and it cost more than I would of paid.
    Most that work when you get them keep on working. But the exception is when the computer board starts to go nobody knows what to do. Emmadog has a fellow that works on his but the cost is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Now I recognize that machine after seeing it on a computer vice my phone. Well, it's missing parts already mentioned and the whole front marquee which showed the instructions and the clear part displaying the 16 balls. I noticed some cut wires as well. If ur still interested I'd check it out in person, point out the flaws, and make an offer. As LT said, anyone working on the game as a whole for you will want to see a schematic and I'm pretty sure the only ones here in the States are the few that I've had made for some of my machines and it takes an engineer many hours to trace everything out, hence the high cost. But assuming all components are present and the source of the problem is found to be a component(s) on the board then it's not difficult to send the board out for evaluation. There's no chips on there with programming or code unique to that machine. They just hook the board up to another machine that checks each component. Whatever's faulty is replaced and you're GTG. I've done this a few times now and fortunately these components are cheap so you basically just pay for the labor. So if you're game, keep all this in mind and realize there's a good chance there's a few things wrong with it but then again, it may still work though the missing coin mech is puzzling. However my Taiyo "Mars" has no coin mech but the prior owner just fabbed up an acrylic coin chute to direct the token to the game start switch. Works fine and has had several thousand games put on it by friends. The coin mech is basically a discriminator to allow only whatever tokens u decide to use. Some also block incoming tokens if the coin tube is low but both of those functions are not needed for home use.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

BUT since there's no payout mech then a missing coin mech is moot.

Thanx for the heads up on my post, LT.
    Last edited by emmadog; 07-30-2011 at 07:06 PM.

21. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm not interested in this machine anymore. I got some great offers from some members. But I realized that I already have 69 machines sitting in my garage that have to come before this thing or anything else. Thanks for all the info though it will help in the future if I ever run into another one.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You are welcome. I am always interested in any arepachi that is on the market. I have just like everybody else become more selective and am getting alot better at looking at the playfield, the coin mech and the insides to see if they are all their. For me to buy another arepachi it would have to be an unusual one as I would have to move one out to make room. Now that being said I am always loooooooking. LOL

One of these days when Mopar is up I will have to have him make some videos of my arepachis so that you can all see the different actions of each machine. Their are alot of the Satomi what I call the balloon machines out their and they pretty much are what I call a standard for arepachi. They do not have many extras but that being said they seem to not have as many problems.
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

24. The following user says "Thanks" to Lt Teddy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Alas, I would love to have this item. I would develop my own electronics backend.

However, it would have to be much cheaper. Like someone else said, it would be a parts-level machine, cost wise.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Not to belabour a point but the electronics might work??? You are missing all of the payout parts. I doubt they are available and one of the nice things about arrangeballs is that it pays when you win. This one would make a nice piggy bank but I reccommend if you are going to all of the trouble at least get one that has all of the parts to start with. Just my two cents.
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

27. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Lt Teddy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well with no bids the auction has ended. Maybe someone on here has bought it and will try and restore it.
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

29. The following user says "Thanks" to Lt Teddy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast