Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A Vintage Cyclic

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default A Vintage Cyclic

I have a Nishijin B sitting in my shop just collecting more dust and dirt. It is missing key parts that make it unusable. I was thinking if I could make it cyclic and add a pachi-counter to it, just as you would do with a modern pachinko machine. Has anyone done this? Can it even be done?

be vewy vewy quiet im hunting pachis... Lt Teddy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: A Vintage Cyclic

I would think you need to post some pictures of the machine so we can have an idea of what is missing and whether or not it is even feasible. Front, back, and inside of the machine if need be for the pictures.
    Over the hills and threw the woods, pachi hunting we go.
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

3. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Lt Teddy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

yes it can be done... it's really not all that hard... ya perty much gut the back and direct the balls back to the shooter tray.. the problem with the model "B" style of machine is that i think the shooter tray is to high.. you going to have to make the lower tray the ball return..

please post a pic of the back when ya have time...
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't have a model B so don't know. But you will need to redirect balls back to the shooter tray from both the win pockets and the lost ball chute.As for keeping track of winnings to a counter. To register an impulse can be done from the jackpot seesaw switch if still there or a proximity switch out of a newer machine. In theory you could connect up to a battle counter. Connect a sensor to detect fired balls to the start pocket input and the jackpot seesaw to the ootari input and that will keep track of the data for 7 days. Plus a funky light show everytime a jackpot is hit Depends what's left in the back of the machine...Pics are a must
    Ian #UKPachinko

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

We Looooooooooooooove Pictures here and can better Help you with your machine.
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here are pictures of the front and back of my machine. Would it be easier to scrap the back pieces and fabricate ball tracks for the back of the machine? Or should I try and make it work with the parts that I have?
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to willemwinkelman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I would approach it by taking everything off and then seeing what could be reused or modified to be useful in the project so I would need to build fewer parts. I will be watching this as I think it is a neat project and I would be going the same route myself if I had that machine.
    the

LLTR

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to owennewton

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So what your saying is to take everything off and start from scratch?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

take everything off and see what you can re-engineer before starting from scratch. You may be able to see a way to do it that was not obvious to you before seeing how it all goes together and holding the bits in your hands
    the

LLTR

13. The following user says "Thanks" to owennewton

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Cyclic means somehow the reward tray is restocked? Semi - cyclic means the lost balls exit in the front bottom tray? So, your goal is this machine is 3/4 cyclic? The lost balls exit into the shooting tray? (Just made up the "3/4" term).

I have converted the bottom tray on a couple of Vintage Comet II's to be semi-cyclic. Your idea is very interesting to me. Here is a picture on a clear plastic model B; with a white line where I think the diversion shelf would have to be. I think this mod would involve a few new holes as well, but will have to take a machine apart and see what interference there is.

Three Quarter Cyclic.jpg
    PACHINKO - Nishijin Model A, 2005 Newgin Cutie Honey, 2015 TAKAO Queen's Blade 2
    BUBBLE HOCKEY - SUPER CHEXX PRO | MAME - 4 Player Entertainment Center
    PINBALL - Williams Grand Lizard

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The other two things to consider are: the main ball dump chute and the jackpot ball exit...
    Last edited by CarlW; 07-26-2011 at 08:23 AM. Reason: spelling
    PACHINKO - Nishijin Model A, 2005 Newgin Cutie Honey, 2015 TAKAO Queen's Blade 2
    BUBBLE HOCKEY - SUPER CHEXX PRO | MAME - 4 Player Entertainment Center
    PINBALL - Williams Grand Lizard

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The reward tray was broken and the jackpot mechanism was completely missing. so instead of scraping the machine, I want to find a way to make it work

17. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to willemwinkelman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by CarlW View Post
    Cyclic means somehow the reward tray is restocked? Semi - cyclic means the lost balls exit in the front bottom tray? So, your goal is this machine is 3/4 cyclic? The lost balls exit into the shooting tray? (Just made up the "3/4" term).

I have converted the bottom tray on a couple of Vintage Comet II's to be semi-cyclic. Your idea is very interesting to me. Here is a picture on a clear plastic model B; with a white line where I think the diversion shelf would have to be. I think this mod would involve a few new holes as well, but will have to take a machine apart and see what interference there is.

Full Cyclic is when the balls return to the front shooter tray and no reward balls are paid out when referring to modding. I have two modern Heiwa frames I have converted to this, a Kyoraku, Lumina and a classic modern that are semi cyclic.
    the

LLTR

19. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to owennewton

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I finally decided that I was finished asking questions and that it was time to start work. I ordered my pachi-counter from Gaku and hopefully it will be here soon. I started by removing the back mechanics.IMG_0958.JPG I chose to scrap the mechanics and start from scratch. I removed the win pocket tracks because they wouldn't hold a ball on the track.IMG_0959.JPG I replaced them with aluminum trim or something along those lines. IMG_0962.JPG I only have the pieces cut and have not attached them yet. I then moved on to the ball return track. I used that same aluminum piece and attached a 3/4 inch copper 45 degree piece. IMG_0963.JPG I only have it temporarily attached for testing with some electrical tape. So far my project is going good and I will keep the updates coming.

21. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to willemwinkelman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Did you think about keeping the orginal tracks but then use the origanl cover on top of them? You would still need to do some modifications to it but it would work just as well. Either way it looks like you are making some progress. Do you have any plans for the mechanics that were orginally on the back?

100 machines and counting...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I did think about it, but it was starting to crack and the plastic looks to be sun-baked so it is probably very brittle. What do you mean by plans?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

im sure others will chime in with ideas..

but ill be ther first..

you have a track to catch the losing balls and return them to the shooter tray.. (above picture)

is there a way to catch the balls that land in winning pockets and drop them over a bell before they fall into the return tray?? (having a little ring/chime would be cool)
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I do have track, I just haven't attached it to the machine yet. I am pondering a way to run the balls over a bell, I haven't figured it out though.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by willemwinkelman View Post
    I do have track, I just haven't attached it to the machine yet. I am pondering a way to run the balls over a bell, I haven't figured it out though.
    put the winning track above the losing track and have the balls fall against it just before they return to the shooter

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by willemwinkelman View Post
    What do you mean by plans?
    I was wondering if you are going to use the back mechanics for anything. I might be interested in some parts that were there.

100 machines and counting...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast