Thread: FEDEX kills an inocent Julie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Angry FEDEX kills an inocent Julie

Sadly my Julie was received in tough shape yesterday.

The shipping box looked in better shape than my last machine, but once unpacked it was a Greek Tragedy.
    CustomPachinko did a decent job of packing (I thought) with double-boxing and stuffing 4 yards of shredded foam into a 2 yard box. It appeared well chushioned.

It appears the box was dropped on a corner/side.
    The Custom Frame has both feet cracked, mounting screws stripped out, and the top loosened.
    The lower frame member had pulled its nails out and the inner frame dropped.
    The inner frame cracked, and the transformer pulled off its mounting screws which proceded to beat the machine.

A circuit board behind the shooter motor was broken from its mounts and has several components damaged.
    There were at least 3 connectors that I saw yanked from thier sockets.
    The transformer had damage.
    A long wire with a micro push button switch has broken.
    Who knows what other damage exists.

I'd post pictures, but the images may upset women and small children.

Frank has a post-mortem scheduled with FEDEX. We'll have to see how that goes.
    I've had a lot of shipments of odd-sized, fragile, and/or heavy to my appt, but have never had to file a claim...we'll have to see how that goes.

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: FEDEX kills an inocent Julie

Yikes !!! I guess that I ve been lucky with my pachi's I hope you can get a Nice
    Julie sometime soon
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

3. The following user says "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Damn, that sounds like more than just rough handling damage. More like it was dropped from a height. Good luck on your claim. I've used UPS for many pachinkos with no issues but I also use them because the it's much closer to me than the FEDEX store. I don't think one is worse or better than the other. They all use the same sorting equipment, truck transportation, etc. Good luck with your claim and let us know- it'll be interesting to see how it gets resloved.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

!A corner drop is a deadly blow to any square package!

I'd lay her to rest in a backroom and maybe part out viable peices later.

So sorry that happened!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It's really not the end of the world if the cell is still intact. I see you have a Vicky Chance, put the Julie cell in Vicky's frame and enjoy the game.

7. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to monkeyboy

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think Frank should have a quiet word with Fedex. Thats three machines they have damaged this month from people on this board.
    Of course its not Frank's fault for the delivery companies failure. But from a business point of view. I would think about a different carrier.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It's rather a shame.

The wood could be fixed easy enough, but the electronic damage scares me.
    I have very little knowledge of these things, and obviously no replacement or test parts.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It happens

More than once I had (courier's name here) TRY to kill a machine.
    That's just the nature of the beast. Frank will do everything he can to help.

せぶん戦闘機 せぶん

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I feel SO lucky SO far after reading these posts. I know Franks packs very well but sometimes
    when the carrier drops 60-70lbs a few feet even the best packaging my now hold.

I am nervous about my Cutie Honey that I have coming from the other coast. UPS USUALLY does
    a better job in my experience but they are the same. As long as it gets here on once piece I will be VERY VERY happy!!!

Sorry about your Julie, Frank will do right by you!
    I may not be the best guy, BUT I am not the bad guy!- Coop from Megas XLR

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    I think Frank should have a quiet word with Fedex. Thats three machines they have damaged this month from people on this board.
    Of course its not Frank's fault for the delivery companies failure. But from a business point of view. I would think about a different carrier.
    Reading this, I really think that the problem Frank is having is from the local FedEx carriers that pick up from his place of business. I only live about 8 hours away from Frank and Fed Ex destroyed 2 machines I had purchased from him. I think they drop them on purpose, knowing that these are expensive machines. People don't care about other peoples property because no one is accountable for their actions. FedEx, THE COMPANY has to pay and nothing happens to the carriers because they are mostly outside contractors doing the work. It really is a shame.
    Something needs to be done about all of this uncaring about their jobs. FedEx better wake up! Boy, am I pissed!!!
    Jerry
    PACHINKO, THE #1 DRUG!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey guys,

Just got back from my weekend at The Sangawa Project and I actually got to talk with some guys who are truck drivers for Fedex. They said that everyone who works there really doesn't care and sometimes if they are mad they will actually just kick and punch a lot of the boxes and they don't care (apparently all the workers in the sorting warehouses are 18 year olds who are paid minimum wage and don't really care). I have though about switching to UPS, but one of the guys who helps me out sometimes used to work for them as a driver and he says they do the same thing - and I have still had them damage boxes as well.

Right now I am just going to stay with Fedex until I find a better shipping option since it is the cheaper of the two and so far I have been able to get them to pay all the claims one way or another it is just a hassle to me and whoever the customer is. Obviously if you have a huge preference I can use one over the other, but right now I can't tell enough of a difference to make a change and there aren't many other good options.

BTW I have some vicky chance and other machines that use the lumina frame and if I can still get the cell to work when they return it I can switch out the cells and either try again or find a different route.

-Frank

P.S. If you are still looking for any parts for the Cyborg 009 let me know and I will see what I can strip from the other machine (someone plugged the 24v line into 120v).
    Clover Collectables - the US's largest Pachinko and Pachislo dealer - [email]Contact@clovercollectables.com

Thanks
    Thanks Received

DHL stabbed a forklift through a box and splintered a machine on me one time. The driver dropped it off and ran.
    Ups left a $2000 guitar at the wrong house and forged a signature (with help from another driver I got him fired)
    Fed-ex left a pachinko on a truck for almost a month and I did not get it til I annoyed a manager so bad he delivered it to me in his personal car.
    USPS has done fine with machines (balls on the other hand, not so well) even when in a badly built box with a single loose layer of bubble wrap around the machine.
    the

LLTR

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    Don't ask Chrisdice & TikiTim about UPS. I don't think they will have any kind words.