Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Bid Service

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Bid Service

Very good information to have I will keep that in mind. I really wanted to order several parlor flags which don`t take up much space or weigh hardly anything. Most cost anywhere from $5-20 bucks a piece but after getting the est from Juno they turn out to be anywhere from $35-$50 a piece which seems awfully expensive for those items.

Any suggestions?
    Biohazard
    Enter the Matrix, Star Wars, Eva 6, Gladiator Evolution, Spiderman 3, Superman Returns, Planet of the Apes, The Mask, Indiana Jones.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I ran into a similar situation. Won a JAWS promo item for around $2. My total charges have been $45 shipped SAL. Seems high but Juno has been great to deal with and I doubt I will be buying much on YJA.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah Cardshark that`s the thing, I like dealing with Juno but when you go from $2.00 to $45.00 for an item especially when they can pack several promo items in a small package something doesn`t seem right. I wonder if there is a way to get this stuff cheaper?
    Biohazard
    Enter the Matrix, Star Wars, Eva 6, Gladiator Evolution, Spiderman 3, Superman Returns, Planet of the Apes, The Mask, Indiana Jones.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This was my first time using a bid service. I was a little confused. I thought my initial $30 I sent covered shipping. However, Juno said the shipping he quoted was for the item to be shipped in Japan from the seller to him. It would have been even more had I had it shipped to arrive in 4-5 days to me. I really wanted the item though so it was worth the $45 for me.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have a guy who lives in CA, that makes several trips a year to Japan to visit his parents. He has offered to pick up small items for me and bring them back.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That sounds like a plan you should be good to go in that case. I just wonder how much you have to declare when boarding the aircraft back to the states?
    Biohazard

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think we are going to test it out this Spring with just a couple of small items and see how it works.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just run the figures on your item using the original auction lot as a guide. Not including Juno's fee, It came to 1180 yen ($15) I think you did quite well as EMS comes in at 5000 yen to start ($62)
    No matter what you buy, The shipping is the worst, Try buying a whole machine for $6 then paying another $250 for the shipping
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am certainly not complaining. I am excited to receive my item. The shipping is the only thing that bothers me and that is to be expected. Juno is definitely a great person to deal with and if the right item comes along, I will certainly use him again.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by awassig View Post
    That sounds like a plan you should be good to go in that case. I just wonder how much you have to declare when boarding the aircraft back to the states?
    If you can get a friend to act as courier, it is DEFINITELY the way to go! It's the postal system that is front loading all your costs through Juno.

You can declare if you must, but a suitcase of stuff, secondhand and clearly not for resale, will attract zero Duty. Customs are not interested in paper and plastic goods..

Whole pachinko machines in cases is a different matter!
    There is always another machine around the corner...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5