Thread: Ball lifter finally arrived!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Ball lifter finally arrived!

I won this a couple of weeks ago and it arrived today. I don't even have time to test it before I go to work. I did have time for pictures... This is the package, and its all you ever see. I was surprised to see that it is mostly open back and exposed. This doesn't bother me, I'll just have to find a way to mount it. Any ideas or pics from those of you who have one would be great! It came from Fla. so the surface rust is not unusual I have to splice the cord back together...don't know why it was cut, but not a problem. Two other wires on the same harness were cut, not sure what they were.The red,yellow,black,white harness going from left to right. Red and yellow are snipped off close to the ball dump solenoid. I asked questions about the $269 one on eBay once and was told that they are daisy chained together off of a single power cord. They remove the pigtail and simplify the wiring. That is what I think I'll do tonight (keeps me from taking apart Brains Beer before I get a Chiltons manual for it). This is probably the daisy chain connector. Is there something that goes on this corner? There is an overflow that goes out the front. This is likely necessary due to how flimsy the plastic floor is. Clearly the bulk of your balls will stay in the overhead ball hopper and not down below at the ball lifter. Any thoughts from those with experience with this? This appears to be a ball dump solenoid. Shown in the DUMP position. Three wires go to it, red,yellow and white. That explains the 2 cut wires...red and yellow are open and close, white is ground. The cut R&Y on the power input is ball dump input, and the daisychain connector is power and ball dump output to next unit. I think I'm gonna delete all unused wires and eleminate any chance of accidental electric ball dump. I'll also wedge something behind the lever so I don't bump it by accident.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Ball lifter finally arrived!

it's a good thing the price didn't go too high on this one
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Ball lifter finally arrived!

I was quietly thinking the same thing myself. I did solder and shrinktube the power cord on and test. It only runs when yhe upper switch is plugged in and lower switch pressed... like it should. It stops when upper switch is pressed... like it should. Therefore I'm cool with a little rust. I'll clean it up so it don't drag crud through my machines. I just couldn't pay $300 after shipping for one. Their ad says... comes straight from pachinko parlors in Japan, disgustingly filthy. Then brag about how well they clean and test them. A $300 one could have started just like this one. 'm gonna check around the house to see if I can scrounge up something to use as an upright tube to really test this thing.