Hey there membas!

I have essentially made a lifter like Mr. D's worm lifter. The auger is finished, as well as the guide rail and the "lift" casing. I have

a complete, working lift section bearings and all waiting for spur gears and a motor (which I have found and isn't as insanely priced

as the gears i was looking at) I was looking around at QTC and found a few different classes of 40-tooth (ground) spur gears.

Problem is there 61.97 a peice... 8\ ! does anyone know if thats a good price ??? Doesn't seem to be... Am I looking at the

wrong type of spur gears?. I need two 40-tooth module 1.0-ish size gears !!6mm bore!! with hub and set screw as well it being able

to have secondary operations performed on it, not sure about the rest but i think you calculate the pitch by the number of teeth

divided by the diameter which is set anyways (not sure). If a good gear is going to cost that much I'd pay it but I mean seriously

60 bucks for two little 2 & 1/2 inch gears??

I am going to be posting another thread later giving all the details on the supplies I used, price and all (U.S. Ver.).

I want to see the total cost since its only at about 30-40 bucks so far. cheap!

(sigh) if the gears cost that much it will be like 175. We'll see.