Thread: Key for T-Bird Power Flash?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Key for T-Bird Power Flash?

After many months, I've finally gotten around to putting my Power Flash into a cabinet ("amazing pachinko cabinet" from slot-pachinko.com) and hanging it on the wall. The down side is, I have to lift the heavy cabinet off of the french cleat if I ever need to access the back of it, since I don't have a key for the lock. Does anyone have a key for this model? The front of the lock is labeled "N". I searched and saw other posts that described removing the lock and taking it to a locksmith to have a key made, but I couldn't figure out how to do that - do I need to remove the entire latching mechanism to get the lock out?

Obligatory photo - my wife surprised me for fathers day by staining the cabinet to match my office - it looks really nice!

Thanks,
    -Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to webdeck

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Key for T-Bird Power Flash?

what I would do is take the lock out (I think the latch mech needs t come off, not sure as I have never taken the lock out of one of my Nishijins) and take it apart to remove the springs and pins or disks then put the rest back together so you can just use any key that fits in the hole (or a small screwdriver)
    the

LLTR

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ditto. Most American Locks have a measurement of .500 or 1/2 inch over the pins + Key to make the tumber free to rotate. Or you could just take the pins and springs out and use anything, like a screwdriver to rotate the now free tumbler body. Stunderand?? By the way, Nice case.
    Last edited by knedvecki; 06-27-2011 at 07:24 AM.

5. The following user says "Thanks" to knedvecki

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Can you post a close up picture of the lock? Because if it is a non-magnetic lock that is straight I might be able to show you how to make a key for it with everthing in place. Nice machine by the way. What did you use to paint the panel that the upper ball tray is on?

100 machines and counting...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    Can you post a close up picture of the lock? Because if it is a non-magnetic lock that is straight I might be able to show you how to make a key for it with everthing in place. Nice machine by the way. What did you use to paint the panel that the upper ball tray is on?
    Here is a close-up of the lock.

I didn't paint the machine myself - it came that way when I bought it.

Thanks,
    -Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well you have a magnetic lock there my friend. So that means I am at no use at the moment. But there are some threads about magnetic locks. I posted the links to them below.

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/vint...-machines.html

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/vint...-nishijin.html

100 machines and counting...

9. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by knedvecki View Post
    Ditto. Most American Locks have a measurement of .500 or 1/2 inch over the pins + Key to make the tumber free to rotate. Or you could just take the pins and springs out and use anything, like a screwdriver to rotate the now free tumbler body. Stunderand?? By the way, Nice case.
    When I was still working on the line (as a mechanic) I used to grind door lock tumblers to fit a new ignition key if an ignition key/switch was replaced (for customers that didnt want to pay to rekey the whole car).

However, these are magnetic locks and a whole different thing all together, but, I have gutted one once to work with about, like owen said, anything.

I guess I'm just not worried about someone breaking into my machines.

Cardwii is certainly the expert on doing it the correct way.
    Last edited by Microbus99; 06-27-2011 at 11:35 PM.

11. The following user says "Thanks" to Microbus99

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh well, too bad it's magnetic. I took apart the lock, popped out the pins, and now it opens with the magic screwdriver key. Thanks for the help, everyone!

-Mike

13. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to webdeck

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I like that cabinet, it looks pretty sweet. My only concern would be that if you unlocked the door and opened it, the imbalance in weight distribution would tend to want to rip the whole thing right out of the wall. How exactly did you mount it to assure that this would not occur?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Rival View Post
    I like that cabinet, it looks pretty sweet. My only concern would be that if you unlocked the door and opened it, the imbalance in weight distribution would tend to want to rip the whole thing right out of the wall. How exactly did you mount it to assure that this would not occur?
    It is mounted with a french cleat, which is attached firmly to two studs. I've swung it open and it hasn't budged, but I don't intend to leave it open unsupervised - it's just so I can get back there to reset the seesaw or do whatever. This is where I bought it from:

Slot Machines-Pachinko Machine Sales, Parts and Service

That page includes the installation manual.

The cabinet works pretty well, but it isn't perfect. The hole for the top hopper is a little too far forward - it intersects with the top frame of the pachinko - I had to put a shim in there to prevent the balls from hitting the frame and falling into that gap. I'll need to add some PVC pipe or something similar under the top hopper so that it could hold extra balls - right now, if I overfill the pachinko's hopper, the extra balls just fall out because there is too much of a gap between the cabinet and the pachinko's hopper. I also need to add a funnel on the bottom because sometimes the balls will stay in the bottom frame of the pachinko instead of going down into the cabinet. But so far, so good.

-Mike

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Member John q has every one of his machines hanging on the walls..

I boxed in each frame.. then he either added a cleat across the back or used "L" shape brackets to mount them... with 1000 balls the the hoppers he has not had any problems...

make sure your machine is attached to the cabinet really well
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead