Thread: Atari Video Pinball Model C-380 - $50 Denver

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Atari Video Pinball Model C-380 - $50 (Denver)

here are a few collectible games for sale. I can help with inspection, negotiation and shipping if any members are interested.

Atari Video Pinball Model C-380 Vintage Atari Video Pinball Console Model C-380

In 1977, a new type of ball and paddle system was launched: Video Pinball. This game also existed in the arcade under the same name, hence the home versions sold by Atari (Video Pinball, model C-380) and Sears (Pinball Breakaway, model 99713). There even was a japanese version, the Epoch TV Block. These systems were designed around a more advanced chip than the PONG-in-a-chip devices, possibly a microcontroller (believed, since the system also contains a small RAM chip which role is unknown, but believed to be for the display and/or score storage). The microcontroller is referred as C011500-1, although the system uses another Atari chip referenced C011512-05. The games played are based around the pinball and breakout principles. Bumper controllers on the sides or a dial on the front were used to control the games. Depending on the game selected, the ball bounces on two bumpers (pinball games), or on a pad that moves horizontally (pinpaddle games), or just like in breakout. Obviously, each game had its own principles. In reality, the system played three different games.

Game Featured:

Flipper Pinball 1
    Paddle Pinball 1
    Flipper Pinball 2
    Paddle pinball 2
    Rebound
    Breakthru
    Breakout

I also have a Atari 2600 with original manuals and games w/ manuals as well as a Aari PONG

http://denver.craigslist.org/vgm/2464254806.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Atari Video Pinball Model C-380 - $50 (Denver)

I had one of those back in the 70's as well the Highly sought after now Atari Video Music that was mostly marketed in 1976-77 for the Disco's Clubs . It didn't get many if at all Clubs at the time for the price that they wanted ($200-$300 per device) so they were sold for under $100 at Lafayette Electronics stores as well as other Electronic Stereo stores at the time . How do I know all this ? Well my oldest brother was Asistaint Manager at the Milwaukee, Wi Mad Hatter Disco and he showed me the sales pamplet that he got .
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by takethecastle57 View Post
    How do I know all this ? Well my oldest brother was Asistaint Manager at the Milwaukee, Wi Mad Hatter Disco and he showed me the sales pamplet that he got .
    So when are you going to come visit the Wisconsin folks on Pachi?

Milwaukee has come along way since the 70's!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Funny you would ask that . I'm going to be in Milwaukee in August of this year attending my 35th Alexander Hamilton Sr. High School Reunion at Steny's . I have been back 84 ,86 , 2005 , and 2007 ( Pittsville , Wi visiting my Sister ) . P.M. me if you want to meet
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

7. The following user says "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Atari Video Pinball Model C-380 - $50 Denver

Sorry for not updating now it's over 12 years since my last post here. I chose to not go to the reunion (6,000 miles roundtrip) and I did not attend the 50th reunion at my Catholic school (4-8th) in Milwaukee same reason also Health reasons came into both it does make me sad that I didn't attend .

I left for the U.S. Army back in 1982 and in 1983 my 1st duty station was Fort Ord in Monterey , California and I fell deeply in love in this beautiful area that in 1988 I decided to plant roots here .

Pm me folks in Wisconsin and maybe I'll come back to go to Baraboo, Wisconsin to the Circus World Museum

https://circusworld.wisconsinhistory.org/

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Atari Video Pinball Model C-380 - $50 Denver

But since it will close August 27 this year I will make an effort getting there next year .

I would like to see some old sites in Milwaukee but I got the urge to visit the Brat House in Kenosha ,Wisconsin .