Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nishijin DX Pachinko - Trouble Loading Balls Into Shooter

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Nishijin DX Pachinko - Trouble Loading Balls Into Shooter

Well, I'm not good for parts. But I took some crappy pics to show variations in "A" and "B" models. My model A's arm that moves when the flipper is moved, is mounted different. It is screwed to another plastic part on the back. The 1st pic is with the shooter at rest. The next is with the shooter pulled down. The clear plastic arm for the model B is way different and mounts to the front with wood screws. This is the inside of the door of my model A. Notice the long finger. It is not the same as on a model B. Here is me holding a model B door below the model A door. I think the broken part on your machine is not on the door but on the back. If yours is similar to mine, you also have a finger on the part on the door. The part on the back moves the finger each time the shooter is moved. This lifts the ball into place. I took some other pics that I am posting just in case they are useful. This is model A, open door, shooter at rest. Model A, shooter cocked. I had my macro turned on, but still did something wrong. Finally, here is the model B lever held next to the model A lever to show different shape, and rests at a different angle. Clearly you are going to need a part off of a model A machine, also there seems to be a coup;e of different styles of lever. Take some more pics from different angles, maybe remove the part and take some pics. Maybe someone else has the part from a parts machine, but needs to make sure it is the same. My only parts machine is a model B. Hopefully this has been helpful.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OK guys,1st time owner. Other than being pretty dirty, mine appears to work fine...except I have to move lever in the back to allow next ball to load. After looking at WENDI-B's post and looking at her pictures,particularly #3 of 4 dated 6/11, it appears that I have a broken "spring/lever". After removing the screw, it's obvious because there is still the broken base attached to the screw. SOOOO, if anyone has one of these, PLEASE LET ME KNOW A PRICE/SHIPPING etc. I'm tired of having to manually load the next ball and cannot wait to get mine up to speed. I thought about trying to "make" one but it appears to me that it's a pretty thin spring wire that I don't know how to go about obtaning to even start making one . Website is wonderful, so much to learn, so little patience. Thanks folks.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PachiTalk!! We are thrilled you took the time to join our forum.

I may be able to help you, but I need to see a picture of the part you are speaking of. There are different versions. Also, I think you will find the most assistance by starting a new thread for each issue you have. Our members have different levels of expertise, so that will help the right person find your post and provide you with the best info.

Again, welcome to the PachiTalk family!

Jeff
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by JACKSJE4 View Post
    I may be able to help you, but I need to see a picture of the part you are speaking of. There are different versions. Also, I think you will find the most assistance by starting a new thread for each issue you have. Our members have different levels of expertise, so that will help the right person find your post and provide you with the best info.

If it is just a screw you need I may have a spare one to ship to you but I need to see a picture to figure out exactaly what you need. (picture types really needed: whole front and back pics; and problem area)

Oh and to Pachitalk.

100 machines and counting...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

does anyone by chance have a spare front ball overflow tray lever? I bought this Sanyo Comet II and it was missing it's lever or broken off.
    Nishijin Model B Super Deluxe Beautiful Day Side Tross Plus Lady Bug, Nishijin Power Roulette, Nishijin Sophia Powerflash Thunder Bird, Sanyo Comet II

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok - I got busy with other projects and let this one slide. I'd still love to get this Pachinko back in order - can anyone help me with the broken parts? I believe we decided it was a Nishijin A machine. I think I needed two parts per the above thread, 1 is the arm, the other is the plastic piece that feeds the ball into the machine??? I may be confused here.

Anyone have the parts or know where I can find them? Our local Craigslist has a few machines for sale for $75+, but I don't want another machine, I like mine

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi Wendi.

The reason you are having difficulty finding a replacement part is because you have an early model 1971 with the loading mechanism attached to the playfield and not to the door. These are kinda tough to find, most folks have never seen that configuration before on a Nishijin, although they are quite common on other models. As far as I am aware, they were only done in 1971 on Nishijins, and then only rarely.

I have a full replacement loader unit including both of the parts you need. Shoot me an email at orders@pachinkoplanet.com and we can work out the details of getting it to you.

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Rival

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is the assembly you need. It attaches to the front of the playfield with two screws.
    loader.JPG

10. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Rival

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Rival View Post
    Here is the assembly you need. It attaches to the front of the playfield with two screws.
    loader.JPG
    Thank you SO much Rival!! That is EXACTLY the part that I need!!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you for posting this information and photos! I have a similar Nishijin which some years ago had stopped feeding the next ball to the shooter. Some previous owner had attached a stair-stepped roller as in your picture #1, but to the end of the clear plastic arm instead of to the shooting arm or the shaft. Not knowing any better, I replaced it... which did not work for long. (You can see in my picture that the hole on the end is broken and worn.) Recently I tried to repair it again, and that attachment point just made no sense in relation to the motion shooting arm.

Based on your picture #1, I tried to back out the screw on the shooting arm, but it was jammed and broke off. Attaching it to the shaft makes much more sense anyway - much more direct and solid. I made a roller out of stiff .047 steel wire, and twisted it to make it even stiffer. It works great! I'm posting a picture in case someone else needs an idea of how to make a similar repair.

IMG_0131.jpg

13. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to rsworden

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by rsworden View Post
    Thank you for posting this information and photos! I have a similar Nishijin which some years ago had stopped feeding the next ball to the shooter. Some previous owner had attached a stair-stepped roller as in your picture #1, but to the end of the clear plastic arm instead of to the shooting arm or the shaft. Not knowing any better, I replaced it... which did not work for long. (You can see in my picture that the hole on the end is broken and worn.) Recently I tried to repair it again, and that attachment point just made no sense in relation to the motion shooting arm.

Based on your picture #1, I tried to back out the screw on the shooting arm, but it was jammed and broke off. Attaching it to the shaft makes much more sense anyway - much more direct and solid. I made a roller out of stiff .047 steel wire, and twisted it to make it even stiffer. It works great! I'm posting a picture in case someone else needs an idea of how to make a similar repair.

IMG_0131.jpg
    looks like that would work

Welcome to Pachitalk

Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2