Thread: 1977 Satomi Sammy "Computer Pachinko" - Need parts!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile 1977 Satomi Sammy "Computer Pachinko" - Need parts!

I'm trying to repair this machine for a friend. This is my first pachinko experience. It doesn't keep score or payout when the blue Optosenser is connected. When I disconnect the sensor it does payout when I short the black wire to the blue wire, but it never keeps score. I need the Optosenser and possibly the circuit board.
    Here are some pictures:
    IMG_6901.jpgIMG_6902.jpg

Here's a post with the same problem: http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/vintage-pachinko/38550-older-satomi-sammy-pachinko.html
    H
    ere's some video link's to the exact same machine working properly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lwuz5j5aS3Q
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwxQesuW03o

P
    lease let me know if you have any parts or know where I can get them.
    Thanks!

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Brian3000

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: 1977 Satomi Sammy "Computer Pachinko" - Need parts!

Welcome to Pachitalk!! We are glad you joined the site.

I lack the expertise to help you with your question, however we have several active members who have extensive experience in these machines and I am sure one will be along shortly to offer up some advice. I just wanted to jump in and welcome you to the site.

Again, thanks for taking the time to register and make your first post. Please come back, visit us frequently and post often!!

Jeff
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

4. The following user says "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I know we allready touched base but wanted to give ya a formal

Welcome to Pachitalk

Hope we can help ya out
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

still looking for parts...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Per my review of older threads such as this, I have been able to bone up on my understanding of my new machine. My Satomi Shark machine is having the same problem as Brian3000 was ...mine doesn't keep score or payout...I took apart the Optosenser, but that didn't do the trick. I haven't yet tried to short the black and blue wires together. I do know that when the machine is turned on, there is an occasional "buzzing" sound from the circuit board...when I put the white payout arm in between the blue Optosenser, the buzzing stops. That's as far as I've been able to get.

It appears that Mopar sold an Optosenser from his parts machine to another member. Do you know if that solved his problems with the payout and scoring?
    I'm not addicted to Pachinkos. I can quit at any time. Did I tell you about the three machines that I have on the way?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

if i recall correctly i sold the computer board and the blue sensor to the same member.. as i recall the board was not working and he knew that was a risk going to to it

but i dont recall hear back from him about anything else..

sorry
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I never did get any parts for my machine. It has been sitting in the garage collecting dust. My friend just told me to keep it.
    I'm thinking about gutting the old electronics and putting in new circuits and sensors, maybe adding a few sensors.
    Does anyone know what this machine would be worth as is?
    If it's not worth much I will just do a science project on it with the kids!

10. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Brian3000

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Brian, first let me say that I am surprised that you answered so quickly...from your number of posts, I assumed that when you were unable to solve your problem that you just left the forum and haven't returned. Welcome back! I stopped posting for a long time, but I continued to lurk...probably over a period of a couple of years.

Anyway, the rule of thumb is that a machine is worth whatever someone else will pay for it...I know that's ambiguous, but it's the truth. Machines such as ours are more troublesome in terms of resale because of the electronics involved...if you can find someone who knows what they are doing with circuit boards, electronics, etc...the price may be higher. I paid $75 for my machine, and the problem areas are as follows:

1) The "pachinko" sign is badly damaged...
    2) The machine was locked, but when I had a locksmith drill into the lock ($25), we found that the ball tray and chute were missing...as is the coin box.
    3) After some tinkering (not sure what I did), the see-saw will now drop the requisite 3 times upon reset, but the payout will not trigger the see-saw.
    4) Additionally, the payout white arm does nothing when it goes through the sensor, and while the scoring lights "light up", the are forever stuck on zeros.

So, for a $100 investment, I currently have a machine that partially works, but is missing some parts. On the plus side, I also have a Nishijin B machine with the same Shark feature, but is missing the red coloring that is on the Shark of my Coin-op. If I cannot get the Coin-op to work, I may swap out the Sharks. That said, I am not giving up so quickly.

Brian, if you are interested in parting your machine out, I would very much like to have your "Pachinko" sign. If you are interested in such a transaction, please PM me.
    I'm not addicted to Pachinkos. I can quit at any time. Did I tell you about the three machines that I have on the way?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't own, nor have ever had a computer pachinko...so I have no knowledge of fixing them. What I have read about them is they are tricky, finiky machines to keep running, and are usually received broken. A number have been fixed, no common problem that ALL seem to have, each seems to have it's own ill. That being said, I see them occasionally on Craigslist, almost all advertised as not working. I have to think hard about buying it! And would (haven't yet)ONLY if price was cheap...because what I have read is...if the computer is dead, you are screwed. As you know, there is no schematic. I'm sure a GOOD electromics guy CAN reverse engineer (or whatever the correct phrase is) and discover what circuit to repair. But that would cost HOURS of labor, most of it looking and learning...very little time spent actually fixing. Of course that is what we pay for...the knowledge of what to replace!
    Unfortunately, your problem could be many things. Something simple, like Cardsharks disconnected wire. He can fix it for free IF he knew where to solder it back. By the way...please take a picture of the computer on yours and post it to see if yours and Cardsharks are the same...maybe you can help him fix his.
    It could be a simple problem...bad optic sensor for example...part not available outside Japan, nor made for the last 35 years, and need a senior position in "the pachinko club of Japan", in order to buy one, plus shipping outside Japan is illegal! Seriously...The hardest thing to do is identify the problem...without doing more damage! Next biggest problem is finding those parts, or adequate substitute to fix it. Worst of all is bad computer, most would call it junk at this point, ME as well. Seems to me, that with all the people with electronic skills (me NOT being one!) and the programmable controllers that are now available, you could modernize one with smaller circuit boards that can do more than the bulky circuits used decades ago. Of course this now creates a supply of parts to help people with the earlier problem. Everyone wins!
    Good luck fixing your machine! I hear they are more fun than a "regular" pachinko Value? Not that much if not working. Maybe parting it out to others that need parts...but not SHIPPING . If enough different parts are needed by others...you could get more than the machine as a whole. Of course it takes longer this way. But at least a pachinko takes up less space than a car
    Last edited by pachiwall; 01-26-2013 at 01:33 PM.

13. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My Dad and I are working on replacing the circuit board with a PLC. This project is on the back burner right now but I will definitely get back on it soon. I think it would make the machine much more reliable and also allow for a little bit of customization to the game play through software.

When my machine is working, I absolutely love it!!! It definitely is my most difficult machine to keep working though.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

15. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

as a side not there appears to be a guy local to me that could work on these boards..

he has a vintage macine now and were waiting to see how much it cost to repair it.. then im considering sending one of my computer pachinkos in for repair.. my gut says once he has done one doing another could and should be less expensive..

Time will tell and ill keep every one updated if i deside to send it in for repair

17. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Cardshark..

did the pics i send help at all???

would a Vid help so you can seem from multi angles??

19. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I really appreciated the pics. They are very different from my machine but I am sure they will help. To be honest, I have been focusing more on my Powerflash project. Hoping to wrap it up soon.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

21. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Card Shark