Thread: First Machine, pics and questions.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default First Machine, pics and questions.

I just bought my first vintage machine on Craigslist for $40 and it works! It's a Sanyo Comet II I have a few questions and here are some pics to go with them.

2011-06-05_14-48-12_937.jpg
    Front

2011-06-05_14-47-51_227.jpg
    Back

2011-06-05_14-49-09_815.jpg
    Question 1: Here it is on a level surface, is the slant slightly backwards normal?

2011-06-05_14-47-57_158.jpg
    Question 2: This is the wiring for the light, does this look normal? Is there a pin diagram for the power hookup somewhere? Also there is a plastic piece that came with it and I think is supposed to be attached to the left in this photo, it's fat on one side and thin on the other like it should hang over the ball tracks to stop them from piling up.

2011-06-05_14-48-48_630.jpg
    Question 3: A game play question. If the pockets were numbered 1-6 with the bottom 5 being 1-5 (left to right) and the center being pocket 6, When I get a ball in either pocket 1 or pocket 5 it opens up both adjacent flowers on that side. When I get a ball in pocket 2, 3 or 4 it only opens up that pocket. When I get a ball in pocket 6 (the Center) It opens up itself and pocket 4. This last part seems odd to me. One more game play question, when I get a jackpot, sometimes a ball or two of the payout comes into the bottom tray instead of the feed tray, is that normal?

Thanks for any answers.

2. The following user says "Thanks" to Lashujin

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: First Machine, pics and questions.

Welcome...
    Yes, your machine should lean back slightly.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to pachitalk. You might want to add screw some wooden feet on the bottom of the frame so it won't fall over, 1by 3's by 8 to10 inches long work well. Just a thought.
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by yose View Post
    Welcome to pachitalk. You might want to add screw some wooden feet on the bottom of the frame so it won't fall over, 1by 3's by 8 to10 inches long work well. Just a thought.
    Some brackets came with it to stand it up, I just haven't put them on yet, they look just like this: BlueWire-02 | Flickr - Photo Sharing! It doesn't seem to fit that well, seems like I'll have to bend the arms that go towards the front.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Lashujin View Post
    Question 3: A game play question. If the pockets were numbered 1-6 with the bottom 5 being 1-5 (left to right) and the center being pocket 6, When I get a ball in either pocket 1 or pocket 5 it opens up both adjacent flowers on that side. When I get a ball in pocket 2, 3 or 4 it only opens up that pocket. When I get a ball in pocket 6 (the Center) It opens up itself and pocket 4. This last part seems odd to me. One more game play question, when I get a jackpot, sometimes a ball or two of the payout comes into the bottom tray instead of the feed tray, is that normal?
    First of all
    Everything that you describe here is normal so no worries about any of that.

Question 1: Here it is on a level surface, is the slant slightly backwards normal?
    Yes this is very normal. What most people do is they take the nails out of the frame add some glue and then replace the nails with screws. Or you can go with the option of putting feet on it. Here is a thread that we had a while ago on feet for a machine:
    http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/vintage-pachinko/38727-suggestions-basic-wire-metal-stands-vintage-pachinko-machine.html

Question 2: This is the wiring for the light, does this look normal? Is there a pin diagram for the power hookup somewhere? Also there is a plastic piece that came with it and I think is supposed to be attached to the left in this photo, it's fat on one side and thin on the other like it should hang over the ball tracks to stop them from piling up.
    I left this one last because unfortunately I haven't worked on a comet 2 yet so the wiring is a little different so I can't really help you much here. But other members have some more knowledge on this machine than I do.

100 machines and counting...

7. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk

looks like ya got your questions answered sept the power... If i rember right its the top two prongs.. but it has been a while since i worked on a comet machine.. so long as you do your testing with a 9volt then ya cant hurt anything.. so just go for it and try some trial and error.. no worries and you cant hook it up backwards or anything like that... it will work right or it wont..
    Last edited by Moparformances; 06-05-2011 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

9. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances