Thread: Summer Sock Drive

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Summer Sock Drive

The 2nd Annual Pachislo DB Summer Sock Drive!

As you may or may not know last year we held a Summer Sock Driveto collect new socks for the Soldiers overseas and for the needy, and I wanted to invite the Pachitalk members also to donate and have the chance to get some cool stuff! Last year we raised approx 60 packs of mens, womens and childrens socks...that alot of warm tootsies!

The Summer Sock Drive will run for three months starting June 1st and ending the last day in August. Once a month a name will be pick from those who donated in that month only! The first of each month we start over. Each month there will be a different give away, and the name chosen will receive that incentive for that month. The names will be chosen the same way as the toys for Tots Fundraiser only on the 7th of each month to allow time for last minute mailed donations. The person whose name is chosen will get to pick 2 items from the incentives for that month. In the last month things get even more interesting so look out for that month!!!

The incentives will be Pachi related items, such as: Tokens, Banners, Cell Phone charms, lighters. I have some t-shirts and a bunch of other cool stuff , I even have a few Gundam Pachislo models. I always have stuff coming in from Japan, coffee mugs, chair covers, Token and Ball trays etc, I may even throw out a few poker items this year! Each month new incentives will be chosen and posted. So watch this thread. But remember each month we start over, so in order to be included in the current month drawing you must donate a package of socks in the month of the drawing.

We will be collecting packs of New Socks or a $5.00 Donation to purchase socks.
    We will be purchasing Children’s and Adults Socks(Adult Socks can be Men’s or Women’s and these will be given to the Red Cross to send overseas to our Soldiers.) If you send a monetary donation, you can specify which you would like me to purchase, I always look for the deals! Children’s socks will be given to the Salvation Army to distribute as needed!

You can send your packages of sock donations to:
    Robin Schoppe
    501 Perry St.
    Reading Pa 19601
    Or you may make a cash donation of $5.00 using Paypal to Robin@Therobinnest.com

Ourfirst list of incentives is:

1. Bio Hazard Parlor Flag

2. Blue Don Parlor Flag

3. 1 Deck of Copaq Plastic Cards (Top of the line cards which last forever!)

4. Set of 3 Gundam Models (You put together…Instructions in Japanese!!!)

5. 200 tokens

6. Giant Pulsar Cell phonestrap and Charm

7. OniMusha 3 Coffee Mug
    Last edited by indiansumr1; 06-02-2011 at 03:43 PM.

2. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to indiansumr1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Summer Sock Drive

Three in the running for Junes incentives!!! Keep those socks coming!!!
    Thank you!!!

Lou
    Magicland
    jmaclerran

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Summer Sock Drive

In spite of Robin's own personal stresses this year, her caring still reaches out to help others. We need more people like her. (Also along with those who participate)
    Last edited by Lou; 06-07-2011 at 02:10 AM.

5. The following user says "Thanks" to Lou