Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sanyo comet 2 part missing

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Sanyo comet 2 part missing

Recently i baught this machine from a friend. I took it to a repair guy and he told me without this part i would have to reset my machine manuly. So im not sure what to do about it.

Ryans Machine.jpgSimiar Machine.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Sanyo comet 2 part missing

I don't know much about comet 2's. But it looks like you many need a new jackpost see saw system. You might be able to repair it but I don't really know. Other members have some more knowledge than I do about comet 2's one will come along and give you some help.

Also can you please post a picture of the whole front and back and the center feature? That would be great to see.

100 machines and counting...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk

if im looking at your pictures right you have had one of our best repair guys working on your machine... with some time and creative repairs i have no doubt that geting your machine working is possable.. finding another Comet II machine would make it easy to replacate the broken parts... (Having an original to copy makes it allot better)

i would look for a second machine for parts.. possable there is a member with a broken CometII machine that they would consider parting... its all about the time to repair and or the money to rebuild it..

Good luck to ya... if i locate any parts ill see if i can help ya
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have a Comet II. That piece is pretty light weight. You could cut up an old credit card in the proper shape. That circular part has a small metal bit in it on mine. I believe it a small weight so that it will swing down.

Not sure what to do with the broken pivot point on the see saw bit.

6. The following user says "Thanks" to ReverendC

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I believe that this is a anti-cheating device that controls the ball flow. The seesaw arm that is missing is supposed to release it when a winning ball goes in it. It so, if you reach around and trip the jackpot mechanism by hand the balls fall out the back and not the front tray. The wire is what reset the seesaw after payout. It has been a while since I worked on a comet II but I am pretty sure that is how it works and if that is the only thing wrong then the machine should work without it.
    Unless you try to be more than you are, what you are is all you will ever be.
    http://www.pachinkorestorations.com/

8. The following user says "Thanks" to cardwwi

ebb

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I will pay for that part if any one has one. I hate having to reach around and reset it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Bill. I am the "repair guy" on this machine, and the see saw mechanism is not the only issue. Most of the issues are pictured in this thread:

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/vint...-comet-ii.html

Essentially, the machine proabably didn't work right before Firesting bought it, so rather that figure it out, one of the previous owners resorted to breaking off parts until it worked. Also, all of the switches, sockets and wiring for the lights were removed, and Firesting wanted to get them working again. The challenge was repairing the machine within his budget, and that's where we were challenged.

It's a really cool machine with an awesome theme. I encouraged him to join PachiTalk to learn about the machines, so now that he has joined he is looking for help with finding parts. Hopefully a member here has a Comet II parts machine and would be willing to help Firesting out. Once he finds the parts, I am happy to install them in the machine and stay within his budget.
    Last edited by JACKSJE4; 05-30-2011 at 08:25 PM.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

11. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh yeah the Adam and Eve machine. Definitely a keeper!

Firesting, Jeff, like Bill suggested, didn’t the machine work without the jackpot lock-out mechanism? Other than that you're down to cleaning, wiring, and hoping a parts machine pops up, I assume in the Denver area?!

It didn’t look as if it needed a lot, if any, paint retouching from the photos you posted in your other post. Unless you want that center feature to really pop!!

We'll keep an eye out for you but Comet II's are somewhat desireable to some and hard to get cheap.

In fact I went and looked at my other Comet II to see if it would be a parts machine for you and I'm afraid not. Its and "All 10" model (I think I paid $80 for it). Its pretty straight and a keeper as well.

Trying to recreate the parts may be you're only other option.

Good luck and keep checking in!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I got a comet II in my 5 machine Chicago lot. I have completely stripped it down and am now working on the playfield replacement graphics. It appears to be complete, and I am sorry to see the damaged jackop component and missing cam arm on yours. Someone on ebay about two months ago stripped a comet II and listed all of the parts. I don't know which parts sold, or even remember the name of the seller. Perhaps you can find a way to get that info, and maybe he has your parts.

I know its a long shot, and not much, but you never know.

14. The following user says "Thanks" to Rival

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Microbus99 View Post
    didn’t the machine work without the jackpot lock-out mechanism? Other than that you're down to cleaning, wiring, and hoping a parts machine pops up, I assume in the Denver area?!
    The machine works for the most part, but human intervention is needed to release the winning jackpot ball out the back and reset the machine for the next jackpot. Also, after running about 1,000 balls through the machine, it occasionally gets stuck on the see-saw reset. One more added issue is the Jackpot Payout Mechanism behind the center feature - it is severely cracked/damaged and looks like someone tried to pry it off without removing the screws. It is working now, but one or two balls got stuck there while I played it because the plastic is fragmeneted a bit. If I were to remove it, it would most likely crumble.

If this were my machine, I would have no problem disassembling it and repairing or making new parts to make it play reliably. That would take some time and ingenuity, but it could be done. I think for Firesting though, finding replacement parts would be the most cost-effective solution to return the machine to reliable play and stay within his budget.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

16. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Gotcha Jeff,

Its too bad someone butchered it to make it work rather then spend the time to figure it out and just un-jam it.

It may end up with the unfortunate situation of buying a perfectly good machine to use as parts to make this one back to where it should be (which looks like its worth it). Probably looking at least a couple hundred bucks between the machine purchase and your skills to get it there I'd imagine

18. The following user says "Thanks" to Microbus99

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Don't give up.

I have a few comet 2's. One in particular I keep using as a donor machine.
    Each time I take a good part off I try to repair/manufacture the broken one and keep it from becoming a parts machine. Like a old friend now Point is just keep tinkering and thinking on it.

With a little sheet metal and patience you can fab just about anything.

sam play and pachi fix 034.jpgsam play and pachi fix 032.jpgsam play and pachi fix 033.jpg
    DON'T FEED THE

20. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to ebb

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Rival View Post
    Someone on ebay about two months ago stripped a comet II and listed all of the parts. I don't know which parts sold, or even remember the name of the seller. Perhaps you can find a way to get that info, and maybe he has your parts.

I know its a long shot, and not much, but you never know.
    I watched some of his auctions.

And I have one that I saved in myebay because I was thinking about getting the unsold parts from him.

Here is the listing you can still view it: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

22. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i found one on ebay for about 100 bucks but it has six days left so if i cant find another one in 6 days im going to have to buy another machine.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

keep an eye on Craigs list.. machines pop up there all the time
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This one might work for you.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Sanyo-COMET-II-Pachinko-Machine-/280689601500?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item415a676bdc

Its missing the lower ball track cover but overall not bad. Also has some of the electrical components you're looking for.

Maybe we could all back off our temptations to bid and let Firesting get a crack at it!?

Last edited by Microbus99; 06-04-2011 at 09:02 PM.

26. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Microbus99

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I had this book marked and i didnt post about it so i wouldnt have 2 have a bid war with 2 many people. So people may come after the posting. But i dont really care much about competition but im probaly going to have to pay more. But thanks for trying to helping me out.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

don't worry I'm sure you get a machine for parts at some point. They come and go often. You just have to keep an eye out for them.

Also is it me or are the comet 2's always breaking? There are so many threads about people who have broken parts on them.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My friend treated it like crap. He always let it fall flat on its face and the glass corners were breaking off. Before i bought it i could not stop playing with it (at the time i had no idea what a pachinko machine was) He kept asking me "why are you so obessed with that stupid machine? i almost never use it" Dont get me wrong hes a good kid but the condition it was in was pretty bad shape. I asked if i could buy it so offered it to me for 40 bucks but i haggled him down to 20. So this machine is pretty well built consittering its old enviroment (he bought it from a goodwill a few years ago and they removed all the wiring) Im suprised it still works as well as it does. Its my first and only machine so far, and by the end of the month i will have 4. So its like a rescue machine that i saved from an abusive owner.

30. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Firesting

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sometimes getting it out in the open and sayting "you want it" will hold us off. We all try to help each other that way since a majority of the bidders are members here. Dont be shy. Say I WANT IT SO KNOW ONE ELSE BID ON IT PLEASE!.

Just trying to help you out!

32. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Microbus99

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast