Thread: Kudos to Berry's Manufacturing!!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Kudos to Berry's Manufacturing!!!

I wanted to let this community know about how impressed I was with the service I recently received from Berry's Manufacturing, the maker of the vibrating tumbler that many of us own and use.

I bought my tumbler in February of 2009 and have used it off an on since that time (much more "off" than on). Last month I was tumbling some parts for two days, and when I went to check on their progress, the tumbler was not working - only a faint buzz/humm from the motor. I tried everything to get it working again, but failed.

I contemplated buying another tumbler because I didn't have the receipt for this one and didn't think I could make a warranty claim (I also didn't think that is was still under warranty). I decided to contact Berry's and inquire. They are a small, family owned business and they really took care of me. They looked up my purchase records, told me they warranty the tumblers for three years and asked me send the tumbler to them for inspection. They said they would repair it if possible, or replace it entirely if it was too far gone. So I shipped it to them just under two weeks ago.

Last night my original tumbler arrived on my door step all cleaned up and with a brand new motor!!

It is so hard to find such service in this day and age, so I thought I would publicly post a "KUDO" for them and encourage anyone who is considering purchasing a vibrating tumbler to look into their products. Their web address is http://www.berrysmfg.com/

Jeff
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

2. The following 16 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Kudos to Berry's Manufacturing!!!

We need to support good companies when we can (I don't need a brass tumbler yet), even if the price might be a bit higher.

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Lou

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just curious...their website states "Warranty is void if unit is used for anything besides tumbling metallic cartridges with dry media." Were there any questions about what you were using the tumbler for, i.e Pachinko balls, etc.?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

No questions asked, although in a follow-up email I did tell them that there was a Pachinko enthusiast community that uses their tumbler for cleaning pachinko balls and small parts for the machines. They didn't seemed bothered by that revelation at all. I think the statement on their website is a "safety" clause that allows them to refuse warranty repairs of the machine if it was obviously abused.

They are a small, family owned company and (in my experience) felt bad that the machine failed, so they worked to keep my trust in their product. They did.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

7. The following user says "Thanks" to JACKSJE4