Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: new machine! Error code E0 PLEASE HELP a noob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: new machine! Error code E0 PLEASE HELP a noob

Glad to see your getting to the bottom of it. Two problems with those U shaped optos. the leads of the LED or detectors tend to extend a distance from inside the black plastic down to where they solder to the board. One of these might have broke loose and if your good at soldering, you might be able to desolder the old opto, and extend the broken leg with a piece cut off a resistor or something and then quickly solder it back in. I say quickly so you do not unsolder your repair which will be hidden when you remount it.

On optos, the part that usually goes out is the LED itself, you can usually take a digital camera or video camera and look at the LEDs when they are powered on and see if they glow as Infrared LEDs can be seen with most cameras now a days. Try this by shining you TV remote control into a camera and push a button and you should see a pulsing light.

There sould be a part number on the Opto that you might be able to find a replacement for but if you can find any one that is about the same physical size and is uses 5v, that will probably work also, just make sure it insert it facing the right way when you replace it.

Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by lozpeters View Post
    when i took the sensor board off the coin mechansim to clean it it looked as if the casing for over the LED's had been lifted off and superglued back down!! it was a bit of a mess, bodged repair i guess . i have tride to clean it up but it is completey screwed.

So i definatly need a new token sensor board ( i will be posting a wanted add in the forum soon) but i am worried about the supply of these in the uk

Does anyone know the specs of these sensors?? i beleve i can get similar ones from rapid or CPC that i could solder on to the board.

2 steps forward one step back!! at least i know what the problem is now!!

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to carwarr

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have managed to get it slightly working!! The led's are gone so I have ordered some that look similar from rapid electronics so I am just waiting for them to be delivered!!

Meanwhile... I got bored and started tracing wires on the sensor board and checking which ones activate the 2 switches to add credits. I put some fly leads onto these 2 switch contacts and 1 on the other lead to complete the circuit. I stuck switch 1&2 wires with the ends stripped onto a bit of card. Then by very quickly pulling the other wire over the 2 switch wires (like striking a match!!!) I have added a credit!!! It's a bit hit and miss (I kept on adding 2 credits then creating E0 error) but I did manage to eventually add 6 credits I had a little play and it all works fantastically

I am soooo pleased that the machine all works apart from the token register!!
    Hopefully the compones I brought will work!!

Thanks to eveyone who has helped me so far ( ime sure I will need a bit more help when I get the components but I will keep you all updated on my progress!!

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to lozpeters

Thanks
    Thanks Received

At least you know which wires do what to add credits,good work. Good luck on the new components, I am sure you will get it to work.
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Good to hear that you were able to check to see if the main Board was working for Credits.

I was about to send you this link from my Web Site for the Pin out for Credit add's of Pachislo's. :

Credit-Add Model Selection

If you do not have any Luck finding replacement sensors, I do have a "DIY" kit that can be installed on your stop Board to electronically add the credits.The "DIY" will also stop the reels and can be turned on and off. Link that tells about it is here. :

AUTOSLOT Do It Yourself Kit
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

7. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I recently added 3 of these DIY kits to my machines and they work awesome. No more getting your hands dirty inserting coins. Just have to dump your coins back into the hopper when it runs out. And "New In Town" could not been more helpful with any problems. If you know how to solder, this is the way to go IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by new in town View Post
    Good to hear that you were able to check to see if the main Board was working for Credits.

I was about to send you this link from my Web Site for the Pin out for Credit add's of Pachislo's. :

Credit-Add Model Selection

If you do not have any Luck finding replacement sensors, I do have a "DIY" kit that can be installed on your stop Board to electronically add the credits.The "DIY" will also stop the reels and can be turned on and off. Link that tells about it is here. :

AUTOSLOT Do It Yourself Kit

9. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to carwarr

Thanks
    Thanks Received

While sleeping last night, I had a dream that I posted the wrong info about the opto! hehe I said any 5 volt opto should work and realized it was actually running at 12vdc not 5.
    Anyway, the part number on mine is a P1002A which is probably the same as yours which is actually a Toshiba TLP1002A photointerrupter which has an operating voltage range of 4.5-17vdc but the machine is using 12vdc so if you cannot find that part or a cross for it, any 12v opto will probably work of the same size. You can google the part number and find lots of info if you need to.

Sorry for the incorrect info.

Quote Originally Posted by carwarr View Post
    There sould be a part number on the Opto that you might be able to find a replacement for but if you can find any one that is about the same physical size and is uses 5v, that will probably work also, just make sure it insert it facing the right way when you replace it.

Good Luck.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Probably partly my fault. All the opto we use for work run at 5v
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks very much about the part info!! I have found the data sheet for the sensor!! I will see if I can get any the same but I think I found some that will work on farnells website but they are out of stock ATM.
    This info I great as now I know the part I am actually looking for
    I can't wait to have it fully working

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't even remember if I read the 5v comment in your post but I am sure I was thinking the same thing when I posted. Every opto I ever used was always logic 5v
    but something in my dream state last night made me think about the output being +12 from installing "new in town"s DIY credit addons on my machines and made me think about it.

Give it to the Japanese to us a +12 volt logic level! Well, whatever works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    Probably partly my fault. All the opto we use for work run at 5v

14. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to carwarr

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Don't forget to try RS for parts as well.
    http://uk.rs-online.com/web/?cm_mmc=...FcRtfAodXk07fw
    Ian #UKPachinko

16. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I GOT IT WORKING!!!

i received my opto switchs from RS components today, i soldered the ones i thought would work onto the board and hey presto it works!!!

if anyone is interested these switches are from RS components order code 171-5012.

the gap is 3mm not 5mm between the sender and receiver so if not accuratly alligned the tokens can get jammed but i think a good cleanup on the token rap should help

thanks eveyone for you help

18. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to lozpeters

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2