Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: new machine! Error code E0 PLEASE HELP a noob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default new machine! Error code E0 PLEASE HELP a noob

Hi guys,

I am now a proud owner of a King plusar the frog reveloution Pachislo machine ( i am now loving all pachi related items since buying a pachinko a few weeks ago!!). I have pluged it in and it gives the error code E0 and beeps at me. I have done some research and found that it is appently a jam in the con mech but there is notting stuck in there

I have tried the key reset and the odds reset and it is still throrowing up this error code.

There is a wire (see pics) that is not connected to anything from the coin mech, it has some sort of senor (in the pic just above me finger- looks like 2 very small led's) but the other end doenst connect to anything i have looked but cannot find anywhere that it should coonct to.

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpg

Is there a place this wire should go or is it an old parlor wire that is not used?

Can anyone help with this as i am trying to sort this out.
    cheers
    loz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: new machine! Error code E0 PLEASE HELP a noob

I don't know where it should go but it should be hooked up and I bet it is the cause of your error (or at least part of it).

try posting pics of all the boards if you can't find where it goes and someone should be able to point out where it should go. I know people that know more about pachislos will be along and may have more info for you. good luck
    the

LLTR

Thanks
    Thanks Received

In the first photo where do those wire come from, to that terminal. THey may connect to the sensor in the second photo behind the coin mech.
    Last edited by yose; 04-11-2011 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

Thanks
    Thanks Received

. Yes, an E0 Error is a "Token Slot is jammed" error.

I cleaned up you Pic's a Bit.

I have a Yamasa Playboy (2007) and a Destroyer (2002) here. My 2002 Destroyer does not have the small sensor that is on your Token sensor. The 2007 Play Boy is a totally different animal as far as the wiring.

The 3 wire plug with the one blue and two orange wires is for the Token Jam button on the front of the door.

The plug with the two yellow wires powers the magnet on the Token assembly. With a reset machine this should click on when the machine is powered up and you do not have a full 50 credits banked.

The plug with the five red wires is the plug for the Token sensors.

Are the Tokens going into the Hopper or falling back into the lower door tray? I would guess the lower door tray.

That yellow three wire plug (red, white and black) should connect somewhere.

Andy, (monkeyboy) here on the Forum has a Neo Magic Pulsar which is a 2003 Yamasa machine. His may have this extra sensor assembly and that plug. I would try to PM him and ask him if he could look at his to give you some guidance as to where that plug goes if his Pachi "Does" have it if he does not chime in on your thread in the next day or two.

Other Members that have your Pachi I'm sure will post once they see your thread to help you. In the mean time try moving the end of that mystery plug around the inner door leaving some slack to see if you can locate a mating plug to connect it to.

Hang in there. We will try to get to the Bottom of this.

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpg
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

thanks eveyone for the replys so far,
    new in town- the tokens are dropping into the lower door tray

i will just keep looking at the front door trying to see where this sensor could possibly connect untill i either solve it, or more likely one of the genius's here tells me where it should connect!!

7. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to lozpeters

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by lozpeters View Post
    thanks eveyone for the replys so far,
    new in town- the tokens are dropping into the lower door tray

i will just keep looking at the front door trying to see where this sensor could possibly connect untill i either solve it, or more likely one of the genius's here tells me where it should connect!!
    genius's ? ? ?

I think NOT. More like a Group a Pachi-A-Haulics that Strive to

Get - ER Done ! ! !
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

9. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to new in town

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I guess I brought this and not the star wars pachi then
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    I guess I brought this and not the star wars pachi then
    Yeh!! i bid for the star wars one and lost!! but this one is be cool as i got it cheaper just need to get past this 1st hurdle!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If the tokens are falling into the front tray , the wires have to go to either the credit counter or the ,coin jam release button, or the back of the circuit board, that all the terminals are plugged to. It could even be the credit payout led display. Those leads are long enough to reach the middle of the door.

13. The following user says "Thanks" to yose

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by yose View Post
    If the tokens are falling into the front tray , the wires have to go to either the credit counter or the ,coin jam release button, or the back of the circuit board, that all the terminals are plugged to. It could even be the credit payout led display. Those leads are long enough to reach the middle of the door.
    i cannot find anywhere where this lead could connect into on the credit counter, coin jam release button or back of the circut board ( i have even taken it off to check there isnt 1 on the back!)

I have spent all day unplugging and replugging leads in and looking for connectors with missing leads but to no sucess

the only connectors with no wires are these 2 by my finger in this picture but it cannt be for this sensor as it is a 2pin and 4pin connector (not 3 pin thant i need)
    photo 2.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I also have a Neo Magic Pulsar and a Neo PanetT and I looked at them and they do not have that extra optic on them. To me it looks like they just added a third optic to the normal 2 for coin in, but instead of using a standard U shaped optic, that one has an LED and a detector side by side and it senses when a coin goes by when the light beam is reflected back.

That mystery connector looks like it connects to another stand-alone connector with wires on the other end and not one that will connect onto a circuit board. I would look back for those color wires in the bundle of wires by the hinge of the door and see if you can trace the same colors to find another cable from there. I would assume it also had a yellow mating connector on it.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by new in town View Post
    That yellow three wire plug (red, white and black) should connect somewhere.

Andy, (monkeyboy) here on the Forum has a Neo Magic Pulsar which is a 2003 Yamasa machine. His may have this extra sensor assembly and that plug. I would try to PM him and ask him if he could look at his to give you some guidance as to where that plug goes if his Pachi "Does" have it if he does not chime in on your thread in the next day or two.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It is even an odd color connector, both of my yamasa machines use white terminals every where. It looks like a connector to that snaps into other wires. Are there any free connections coming off the power supply or the mother board. see if you can remove the front belly glass and see if any terminals are in there.?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Are you sure you did a full reset correct? and check the hopper for a jam. Those wires and that connector just don't look right, I wonder if they were added to something later,but who knows what.We will get this figured out, it just takes patience, and alot of trouble shooting.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

ok a morning update from me.

I have looked evywhere now and chased wires from the power pack and main boards and cannot find any colour wires that match or connectors. i recon it was an after market installation done by the parlor or previous owner!!

I did a full reset again holding down the spin knob for 10 seconds and it still had the error code i then decided to try unplugging the leads from the coin sensor, did a full reset...NO ERROR CODE the credits led was at 0 and the light on the coin inserter was lit up and no annoying music.

So i am guessing that the light sensor is faulty i will take it apart and give it a good clean inside but if that doesnt work i will need to buy a new sensor!!

so next question does anyone know what spec switch i should be looking for? or has anyone made their own etc???

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If it is working now a good cleaning on the sensor and the rest of the coin mech, it should work fine. Clean the connections and make sure they are tight there should be no problem. I am glad it finally cleared the error .. Now just play it for awhile and see what happens.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by yose View Post
    If it is working now a good cleaning on the sensor and the rest of the coin mech, it should work fine. Clean the connections and make sure they are tight there should be no problem. I am glad it finally cleared the error .. Now just play it for awhile and see what happens.
    when i took the sensor board off the coin mechansim to clean it it looked as if the casing for over the LED's had been lifted off and superglued back down!! it was a bit of a mess, bodged repair i guess . i have tride to clean it up but it is completey screwed.

So i definatly need a new token sensor board ( i will be posting a wanted add in the forum soon) but i am worried about the supply of these in the uk

Does anyone know the specs of these sensors?? i beleve i can get similar ones from rapid or CPC that i could solder on to the board.

2 steps forward one step back!! at least i know what the problem is now!!

21. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to lozpeters

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have never seen one. So may not be helpful. Could you not replace the LEDs? Desolder and resolder new ones? Opps was in Kingston yesterday. But Slough and Woking tomorrow. With a trip to heathrow at night. If you have it off the machine. I might be able to do some thing. I have some 5v optical sensors lying around.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    I have never seen one. So may not be helpful. Could you not replace the LEDs? Desolder and resolder new ones? Opps was in Kingston yesterday. But Slough and Woking tomorrow. With a trip to heathrow at night. If you have it off the machine. I might be able to do some thing. I have some 5v optical sensors lying around.
    thanks that would be great...but i am in cornwall at my parents till the end of the week!! i have posted a ad in the members trade area so i will see what happens with that, but untill then i recon i will just have to order a bunch of led sensors and have a bit of a go and see what i can do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Pop into Maplins at edan wall. I'll dig through the website to see if anything suitable. If you can pm/email a good hi res picture. It would be helpful. I'll pm you my email address.
    Last edited by Drunkenclam; 04-12-2011 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I would think you could adapt an optic sensor to fit the needs to let a coin pass through it and make it work. Or try to reseal the old one and try to get it to work again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast