Thread: Custom Ball Lifter with worm method

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Custom Ball Lifter (with worm method)

Hello,

Some people have already seen my plans in another thread. I'm started with building the ball lifter for Pachinko case. I have examined different methods to lift ball 82 cm higher.

The most used method is with gearwheel and motor with gearbox. It moves the balls through the long tube to upper tray. But this has disadvantage: you need many balls to make it possible.
    And this is also not more made, it's now expensive tool on Ebay.

I have searched on internet for possible lift methods. Youtube has many videos with marble machines. The worm lift seems best method because it's also easy to control speed and doesn't depends many on gravity.

The methods are for example in pdf files:
    http://mrdummy.net/zooi/pachinko_lift.pdf
    http://mrdummy.net/zooi/pachinko_lift_v3.pdf
    http://mrdummy.net/zooi/pachinko_lift_v4.pdf

The first pdf explains the worm lift and 3-wheel lift. The wheel lift is easy to make but it's pretty big construction.
    The second v3 pdf shows another easy contruction and also strange one. It use the gravity to make roll ball to other side. Not very fast, but it can lift many balls.
    Then i decide to use v4 method with worm lift. It's small and you can make it faster with higher rpm speed. That is good advantage.

The another bonus with worm lift you can lift more balls when needed. For example at both sides ball guides, that doubled the total balls.

Or make the ball guides a bit wider, that is also more balls possible. But for here, i do one ball width guide.

The choosen motor has 1:50 gearbox. The motor runs at 104 rpms with load. This means the worm lift can lift 104 balls per minute. Yes it's easy to calculate how many balls it can lift in one minute.

I have slighty redesigned the plan now. The pictures below shows now the final plans.
    Pachinko lift side view.jpgPachinko lift upper view.jpg

If i'm right, the Pachinko case is approx. 84x56 cm width, right? I hope these are right dimensions for modern pachinko case. The worm lift here is 82 cm long.

Also i hope the ball exit is a bit moved to back, thus little out of case. Then the upper view should not have problems to catch balls.

The used MDF material is 12 mm thick. That makes the build a bit strong.
    For worm lift, i use standard materials. One meter copper tube, used for waterworks, and 10 meter electricity wire with 2,5mm2, or 1,7mm diameter.

A time relay circuit is added to stop the motor when there is no ball in lower tray.

I have also planned the return tube/tray in my plan, but it's not visible in designs. That comes later when i have found the best method.

The build process is already started.

Some photos Day 1:
    P1000224.jpgP1000236.jpgP1000228.jpgP1000242.jpgP1000249.jpgP1000248.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 16 users say "Thanks" to mrdummy