Thread: Vintage Comet II Semi Cyclic Reversible Conversion

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Vintage Comet II Semi Cyclic Reversible Conversion

Noticing that different Vintage Comet IIs had different bottom ends, I am trying to make a replacement bottom end to convert them to semi cyclic.

Here are a few views of the original bottom ends... had to remove the staples, added a magic marker outline, on the wood, of where they were on the back of the machine and pre-drilled a few of the factory holes holes while the original bottom end was installed... to make it reversible

Comet II Original Bottom End 2.jpg Comet II Original Bottom End 3.jpg

Lots of minor variations from one to the other: notches, overall depth, size of exit opening, etc.

Here was what I came up with, this one fits one machine only as my math is still not perfected, but it does fit the one machine and have run about five hundred balls through it with no issues. It drains just fine, there is a spot where a pachinko ball could bounce out but so far it has not happened. Have used the main ball dump and regular play, regular jackpots, etc.

Comet II Semi Cyclic Bottom End 1.jpg Comet II Semi Cyclic Bottom End 2.jpg Comet II Semi Cyclic Bottom End 3.jpg

Here is what the original and modified bottom ends look like from the same angle.

Comet II Original Bottom End Installed.jpg Comet II Semi Cyclic Bottom End Installed.jpg

I had some issues with drilling the hole where the mark was and it looks (it is) slightly askew.

Basic materials from Home Depot: .093" Optix by Plaskolite, #4 x 3/8" screw, 1/4" x 1/4" hardwood hobby material. Total investment $6.30 + TAX, of course...

My goal was to have an inexpensive modification that was easily reversible. Using glue got too messy in a hurry, so this was all mechanically connected and is very sturdy. There is a "lip" that extends through the bottom tray... once the bottom end is installed; there is not a lot of stress on it.

Now all the "lost" and "jackpot" balls come out in the bottom tray and the machines no longer need the little tray at the back. OK, still have to fill the reward tray and the shooter tray...

I can post more information if anyone is interested, just send me a PM. This particlular modification would vary from one pachinko machine to another and having diagrams of this modification might not be too useful for different machines...
    PACHINKO - Nishijin Model A, 2005 Newgin Cutie Honey, 2015 TAKAO Queen's Blade 2
    BUBBLE HOCKEY - SUPER CHEXX PRO | MAME - 4 Player Entertainment Center
    PINBALL - Williams Grand Lizard

2. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to CarlW