Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Newbie with first new Pachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Newbie with first new Pachinko

I just got a broken Haiwa Pachinko machine. I have been repairing electronics for about 25 years and figured this shouldn't be any more difficult than an American pinball machine or video game... Boy was I wrong. I am neck deep and drowning now. I copulod really use some help. first with game identification and seconly with some specifics of game cycle of operation.
    The only identifying marks on the game are a "CR" on the playfield. Left of center about 1/3 the way up from the bottom. The number 615 then a large UPC bar code and 16400 across the bottom of the playfield. NH TM7 on the back.
    When I plug in the machine the power board has 1 led that glows dimly and then 2 others that do not turn on. The B.1f control center has shown a lit led through the little window a couple times, but not consistantly. A dash (or the center horizontal segment of the number LED) will stay lit, othertimes when I unplug a cable on the back and plug it back in it will show an "H" after flashing the lights and playing odd sounds. The LCD lights up every time power is turned on and shows 3 numbered cards with japanese figures or scenes on them. If you drop a ball through the start hole they roll like a slot machine and stop on their own. And the number LED flashes bach and forth between the dash and a capital H.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.IMG_08801.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Newbie with first new Pachinko

Welcome to PachiTalk - an awesome forum that never closes!!

I am a vintage machine guy, so I cannot offer any help with your particular issue. However, I wanted to be one of the first members to welcome you to the site! We have lots of folks on this site who will be able to help, and I'm sure several will be along shortly to provide the assistance you are needing. Thanks for taking the time to register and post.

Jeff
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to pachitalk, do you have any balls in the hopper at the back of the machine top, about 500 to start with. when you drop a ball in the start pocket the reward countermech has to have balls to pay out ,or you will get an error code. the play balls go in the top tray on the front of the machine. the shooter knob shoots the balls into the play field to the pockets and the reward balls come out into the tray on the front. the error code will clear itself once the rewards are all counted for. I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

4. The following user says "Thanks" to yose

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk

not having enought pachinko balls is a comon problem..

post a pic of the back of the machine might help as well..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome Aboard

As mentioned above. Make sure the back hopper is full with at least 200 balls. The more the better Make sure the little metal gate at the end of the hopper track is open allowing balls down to the payout motor.

Looking at the top corner of the machine I see the numbers 5,10 and 15. That refers to the number of balls paid out depending on which pocket the shot ball lands in. I suspect for yours. Its 5 for the centre pocket, 10 for ones each side and 15 when the open door opens and lets a ball in. NOTE this will only happen when the 3 numbers on the LCD match. Sorry no way to force a win but keep playing.

Being a CR machine there should be a dongle on the rear somewhere. Its normally a 21 pin D plug with a few components on it cover with a protective blob of glue If the machines not shotting. Make sure that it is fitted properley..

If you can post a picture of the back of the machine, That would be great...

Lets hope more balls is the answer to your problem

Also if there is a key or legend to the error codes. Post a pic of that. Yes it will be in Japanese. But someone might be able to give you a translation.
    Ian #UKPachinko

7. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

IMG_0883.jpgIMG_0882.jpgIMG_0888.jpgIMG_0889.jpgIMG_0884.jpgIMG_0886.jpgI have about 600 balls in the hopper. I think there are balls everywhere that they are supposed to be. I don't know where the "Dongle is, so I don't know if there is one or not. I am attaching a bunch of pics of the back and one of the front showing the LCD with the error code.

9. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to jukeboxrob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

not totaly familer with that fram but the ball look like there totaly jamed up...

as the ball travel down the right side there stoped... and yet the payout motor look to be much further down...

if ya look at the front the hole for the ball dump.. then find the ball dump one the back side.. (well below where the balls stop) the payout motor has to be below the ball dump...

ya need to get the balls unstuck... and traveling further down to the payout motor

Hope that makes sense
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have a similar machine. Most of the issues I found were related to dirty ball tracks, and I also found a piece of copper wire(probably used to trigger the ball dump and fell in) in the track just above the payout dump section in the upper right area on the back. I suggest dumping all the balls and starting there, then checking to see if the balls move through the tracks when you trigger a payout.
    Pachinko -Nishijin "C" Fishing Game & Hockey, Red Lions, CR Red Lions, Heiwa Double Wing, Takao Bruce Lee, SanseiR&D 777 Sevens Rock, Sankyo Wanted!, lots of other vintages!; Pachislo -SPIN LUCK, Kung Fu Lady, Gamera High Grade, Gundam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It sure looks like a ball jam to me to . The far right photo shows balls that look jammed up in the bottom of the machine as well.
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

CR名画

CR Meiga

Heiwa

09/1998

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

14. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by yose View Post
    It sure looks like a ball jam to me to . The far right photo shows balls that look jammed up in the bottom of the machine as well.
    my guess is thouse are won balls waiting in line for payouts... since the balls are backed up before the jackpot motor the machine is confused and not making payouts... just banking them / holding them ransom

16. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ransomed balls

I had to clear a ball jam up on my star wars at the weekend. The balls were getting stuck on the low ball indicator switch.

In jukeboxrob's first pic the ball seems to be sitting on a 7 pointed star
    There is a hole in the plastic there. Can you turn it with a small probe. But don't use any force though.
    There do seem to be balls stuck everywhere. Even on the route down to the right of B1. I think time to remove some covers and have a quick clean up, Remove all the balls and ensure they all go through correctly. Also it has been know for an odd non pachi ball to be found which is slightly larger causing things to jam up, Bt I don't think this is the case. I can't make out the text. Sorry. It is blurred
    Don't worry. It may take a little time, But it will be sorted
    Ian #UKPachinko

18. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    Ransomed balls

Also it has been know for an odd non pachi ball to be found which is slightly larger causing things to jam up, Bt I don't think this is the case. I can't make out the text. Sorry. It is blurred
    Don't worry. It may take a little time, But it will be sorted
    I almost forgot - this was the other item I found in my Magic pachi - an oversized ball that had the main track blocked up, so don't be surprised what you find.
    Pachinko -Nishijin "C" Fishing Game & Hockey, Red Lions, CR Red Lions, Heiwa Double Wing, Takao Bruce Lee, SanseiR&D 777 Sevens Rock, Sankyo Wanted!, lots of other vintages!; Pachislo -SPIN LUCK, Kung Fu Lady, Gamera High Grade, Gundam

20. The following user says "Thanks" to naha13

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I checked all the balls, disassebled all the tracks and cleaned them. verified that all the balls were flowing properly. Apparently there is a solinoid on the back side of the ball path that stopps the 7 pointed wheel from turning and that is what kept the balls from going all the way down to the pay out wheel. I put everything back together and dropped a few balls through the start and other win holes and got the same thing. Lights flash, no pay out, the ball launcher still doesn't work and no lights are lit until you drop a ball through the start hole. Now when I look through the window on the B.1f control center I see the top center segment lit and the top right segment lit. I have a constant "H" on the LED above the LCD screen.

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Lights flash, no pay out, the ball launcher still doesn't work and no lights are lit until you drop a ball through the start hole. Now when I look through the window on the B.1f control center I see the top center segment lit and the top right segment lit. I have a constant "H" on the LED above the LCD screen.
    Lets see..There probably won't be any lights until you get a ball in the start pocket and it looks like there is an H on the one in the picture compirate posted so I don't think those are things you need to worry about..

Since it is a CR machine it probably does need a dongle for it to shoot like DC said above..I have a game in the same frame, but its a cash version so it doesn't have a dongle so I have no clue where it would be located

The B.1f control system on this frame controls payouts so make sure all the plugs are plugged in and such!!

You could try a reset, I think the reset button is on the 'control system' next to the error display..turn off your machine then hold the button in as you turn it back on and keep holding it in..Some machines will beep or make a noise once its reset..Its worth shot!!
    Last edited by MrGneiss; 04-01-2011 at 05:33 AM.

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

23. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

can you post a close up picture of "the 7 pointed wheel" area

it seems odd to me for the balls to be stoped up there??? MrGneiss, does your frame have a wheel like that above the ball dump??

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Out of interest. I guess the two pots on the B1f controller are the sensitivity and force of the shooter knob?

I borrowed *(cough cough) a pic from daverobs website. Of the dongle

Also this
    Dongle - Any schematics?
    Last edited by Drunkenclam; 04-01-2011 at 12:58 PM.
    Ian #UKPachinko

26. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The light I refered to not lighting were ALL the lights. There is no illumination what so ever on the game until a ball is put in the start hole. The only exception is one lone bulb behind the open door on the left side. The LCD appears to work properly.
    Tried the reset tip on the B1f with no joy. It doesn't appear to do anything unless I pull the voltage wires off the card and put them back on quickly. then random segments of the 2nd LED will light.
    The star wheel that feeds the balls to the payout wheel is allowed to spin freely one full revolution and then it is stopped until the solinoid behind it energizes. It never gets energized, so after I cleared what we thought was a jam, the wheel spins around one time it gets stopped. I manually made it spin around until the ball track under it was full of balls.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There is nowhere that I can find on this machine that has any sort of connector that looks like it could receive a dongle. every connector is flat single row of pins except the connector that goes between the B1f and the payout section it has two rows of pins, but could not mate with a RS232 plug...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

looking at the picture of the front I don't see the display or buttons so I think it is a cash version and it won't have a "D" connector for a dongle.
    the

LLTR

30. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to owennewton

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast