Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: chewy's first arepachi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default chewy's first arepachi

hi guys.

I am going to start poking around the first arepachi that I will be trying to figure out. technically, I have one arepachi from ttc57, but he fixed that one up already. this one will be my first foray into an arepachi.

emmadog was kind enough to remember that I was looking for one, and he helped me get this machine here from philadelphia. it got complicated and had to be shipped to louisiana before california, but it arrived yesterday.

here are the starting pix. the seller said that it worked, but it's pretty dirty inside and has lots of cobwebs, so cleaning and looking for loose wires will be the first pass.

I also noticed a large ceramic resistor, 10 ohm - 10 watts, on one input leg of the AC. Rich had the same on his arepachi and I wondered if this was to drop the AC from 120 to around 100 volts. I am interested if this is found on the other arepachi's out there.

I do have the step up transformers that I reversed to be step down, so I will probably use that to source the AC.

I have to go get tokens from salinas, hoping they are the same size as the ones for this arepachi... all the pachislo's are at my southern pachi parlor

the divorce is on hold for now, and the wife and I are at least talking again. maybe my pachi's will help me out of this depression!

at least I will have lots of arepachi threads to read through now.

arepachi2.jpgarepachi4.jpgarepachi3.jpgarepachi1.jpgarepachi5.jpg
    PachiTalk

chewy's motto: life is plumbing

2. The following 17 users say "Thanks" to mudfud

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: chewy's first arepachi

Looking forward to seeing a video of this one in action.
    3 arepachis that I've seen also had those large ceramic resistors.
    I've used quarters and dollar coins in my machines-just to test out the coin discriminator of course.
    Have fun with it.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow, I really like that roulette theme..

Does anyone have any idea what it says on the label in pic 5??

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It's a really interesting one and I'd love to know what the label says too

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

be vewy vewy quiet im hunting pachis... Lt Teddy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Arepachi tokens are a little larger and alot heavier. You can make it work a couple of different ways. The new gold dollar is exactly the size of an arepachi coin and has the weight. The other option is to work on the coin receiver and change the adjustment and you can either make it work on quarters or pachislo tokens. If you leave as is it probably if not already messed with will work very nicely on the gold dollar. I like them the best but it is hard to say what has already been done to your machine. If you have any problems with the coin acceptor Mopar does an excellent job of converting them either way. One of mine was even kind of welded into a quarter acceptor.

I do highly reccomend the gold dollar and their are some arepachi coins out their just not very many. Good Luck with your new acquistion.
    Over the hills and threw the woods, pachi hunting we go.
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

8. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Lt Teddy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Interesting...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Lt Teddy View Post
    Arepachi tokens are a little larger and alot heavier. You can make it work a couple of different ways. The new gold dollar is exactly the size of an arepachi coin and has the weight. The other option is to work on the coin receiver and change the adjustment and you can either make it work on quarters or pachislo tokens. If you leave as is it probably if not already messed with will work very nicely on the gold dollar. I like them the best but it is hard to say what has already been done to your machine. If you have any problems with the coin acceptor Mopar does an excellent job of converting them either way. One of mine was even kind of welded into a quarter acceptor.

I do highly reccomend the gold dollar and their are some arepachi coins out their just not very many. Good Luck with your new acquistion.
    say LT,

do your arepachi's have the big ceramic resistor on the AC line? or is straight 120 AC OK?
    PachiTalk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am in Arizona right now but at least I think one or two do have and some do not. Mopar would be the better one too ask as he has worked on or checked out all of mine.
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thumbs up Re: chewy's first arepachi

My ArePachi accepts both tokens and quarters...I've never tried the dollar coins.

Congrats to you Chewy...you have a very interesting machine.
    I'm not addicted to Pachinkos. I can quit at any time. Did I tell you about the three machines that I have on the way?

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Bigdog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
    My ArePachi accepts both tokens and quarters...I've never tried the dollar coins.

Congrats to you Chewy...you have a very interesting machine.
    Yes some machines are set that way and they do work just fine. It really depends on your preference. The original token for an arepachi is the same size as the new gold dollar. Their even are a very few arepachi tokens out their. Emmadog got a few with some of his machines and i have about twenty that I got with my machines. I think yours would work fine with dollars. The problem with the machines that I got that were already set for arepachi tokens is that they needed adjustment to use the smaller tokens. Just a matter of preference. If you know much about pinballs it is easy to fix them up for free play and an arepachi would not take much modification to set for free play but you would lose all of the enjoyment I think if it was free play.
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

15. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Lt Teddy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

update on "roulette" arepachi

finally had the time to start working on her. took her to Santa Cruz where my electronics guru lives. he was thrilled to get to work on her, too, and very impressed with the engineering involved. maybe I can encourage another pachi addict?

1st problem: we looked around for shorts and things looked good. plugged her in and the start-up, with the numbers randomly lighting in the center kept going and going... also, the ball dump shelf stayed open.

messed around with different switches and found the coin sensor wire was catching in the down position, so not resetting.

2nd problem: the spinning motor on the top circuit board was only intermittently moving. Takashi took this apart and found gunk inside that he cleaned and he lubricated the axle. now that motor spins a full 180 degrees, but I am not sure what it does. I got it to move once on pushing the red "bonus" button on the front (after hitting the bonus pocket). Anyone know if this is part of the payout? since

3rd problem: the coins aren't coming out the bottom. I did not, however, remember to bring a stack of tokens, so I had to prop the empty chute switch to get the "stop" light to go off... I will put a stack of tokens or quarters in later. thing is, I do not hear the coin release solenoid moving.

I am pretty sure that it isn't a big problem... just need more time to tinker.

anyone else have the same circuits on the back of theirs? I am wondering if this just shoots on the reward when you match, since I don't see a bar of lights at the top like some of them, that look like credits.

p.s. the new girlfriend (as of one month now) is into pinball and slots , unlike the ex-wife who apparently only tolerated my hobby. I am happy again in life, almost recovered from the awful break up, and planning more pachi work . glad to see that most of you are still here!
    PachiTalk

17. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to mudfud

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the clock works turn to check for payouts..

the red button is for end of game.. the player can either inset another token to start a new game or push the red button to check for payouts and receive any payouts due

last question i dont really understand?? the coin mech solonoind only fires when you get a winning combination..

at the end of a game you either insert another token or pushe the red button... this action starts the clock turning.. if you have a winning combination of numbers the clock works will sense that and then fire the payout solonoind to dispence tokens for your winners..

hope that makes sense??
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

that's how I thought it was supposed to work. my clock spins, but doesn't pay out... just some contacts and relays to check.

how do you know how many credits you have built up on this machine?
    PachiTalk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

its been a while since i saw Riches Arrangeball.. so it just a guess

1 token for each set of lights accross

possably 2 tokens for each set down

and up to 3 for the 4 centers and 3 more for 4 corners??

post a pic of the score card on the shooter door tray section...
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Actually my machines all pay two for the horizontal lines and one for the vertical. The rest of the payouts are usually unique to each machine.
    Last edited by Lt Teddy; 06-08-2011 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

22. The following user says "Thanks" to Lt Teddy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Actually my machines all pay two for the horizontal lines and one for the vertical. The rest of the payouts are usually unique to each machine.
    guess i should play my machines more

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The rotating arm functions like a stepper unit in an EM pin and it does what Mopar said. My old Taiyo Owl had that same contraption.
    I usually bend the arm on the"coin empty" micro switch out of the way so it permanently thinks coins are there or just jump the two lugs on the switch together with an alligator clip. easy solution and instantly reversible.
    it looks like your machine has the red digital display in an upper right corner. that shows the accumulated tokens to be paid out. my taiyos have this arrangement, yours i think may be a generation earlier but may be still the same but is anything lighting up there or is that the coin empty light? LT has a machine similar to yours so he's likely the best person to ask.
    congrats on your personal life.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

hmmm. I didn't think there were LEDs up there, but there has to be a token counter somewhere. I will dig deeper.

I think there's a loose connection on the "clock" board somewhere. time for some cleaning and attention to details.

thanks for the support so much nicer to have a partner in life.
    PachiTalk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

yeah, i don't know when taiyo started with LEDs but you're right, there's a counter somewhere. is that area in question lighting up at all? I'm assuming not but if you look at that area from the rear check and see if it's just a bulb or a small PCB. if it's a PCB then it's very likely it's an LED counter like the one off my machine in the pic. i'm also assuming that since you mentioned the low coin light does come on then that must be in the upper left corner. if so, that's more evidence to support an LED counter on the right.
    on the taiyo owl i had a couple of burned resistors so check those on your machine as well as burned/shorted traces, etc. between your knowledge and your friend's technical expertise it should be an easy day.
    glad you're starting on this machine-i was wondering what was going on with it and curious to see how it worked.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by emmadog; 06-08-2011 at 09:28 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

chewy,
    email me a good close up pic of the instruction label and any other text and i'll get it translated from the guy i use . usually takes just a few hours and will help us figure this thing out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast