Thread: Nishijin DX Pachinko Restoration

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Nishijin DX Pachinko Restoration

I am trying to restore a Nishijin DX Pachinko machine for my parents that was given to me. I have looked through the forums to see if I could find something similar to the one I have, I have found some that are close but nothing that matches mine to make me go out and start buying parts for it.

FOr now I would like to get a wiring diagram and some info as to what I would need. I took a couple pictures of the wiring and if anyone could help me out I would appreciate it.

2011-03-19_16-13-57_78.jpg2011-03-19_16-13-17_603.jpg2011-03-19_16-14-52_956.jpg2011-03-19_16-14-18_583.jpg2011-03-19_16-15-44_384-2.jpg2011-03-19_16-15-01_811-2.jpg

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to KiD2021

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Nishijin DX Pachinko Restoration

Holy Cow, What happened to the bulb in pic 2
    I don't have a circuit diagram as per say.
    But using a shared ground from the negative from a 9v battery, to each common on the micro switch, Connect the upper switch to the bulb near the fuse, And the switch near the spring tube to the centre bulb. Then return from both bulbs to the positive side of the battery You can connect the battery to the pins at the fuse holder. DOn't know which ones which yet, Haven't got that far yet on mine
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The wires on the bulb have some type of unit hanging from it. You can see it pic 3 just hanging there. Not sure what this is and if it should be removed or replaced so it would be nice to figure that out. I was going to head to radio shack to get the wiring to hook a 9v but wanted to see if I could get some diagrams so that I could pick up some wire if need be.

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to KiD2021

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk

your machine is a model "A" machine like the one in my Vid check out the link below

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/vint...del-video.html

power on your machine would be hooked up to the green and yellow points in your picture #2

the lights are super simple.. think of them a a loop... from the fuse block to the switch then to the bulb and back to the fuse block

it look as though some one has changed your lights to be on all the time???

where are ya located??? might be a member close that can lend a hand???
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'll try to get some pics of the back of mine later today for you.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok I hope this makes sense.
    I will skip colours as I'm colourblind and don't want to add confusion.

Going down the 9v battery route.
    We will call the green post - negative
    and the yellow post - positive.
    (pic3)

The positive supply goes through the fuse.
    There is a short positive feed to the low ball light. (your one looks disconnected.
    Then there is a long wire down to the jackpot seasaw switch. (Pic 1)

When the seasaw is activated it closes the switch and sends the positive feed to the jackpot light. (pic2)

The negative feed goes to the negitive side of the jackpot bulb. It then continues from there to the low ball indicator switch.
    When low on balls. The switch closes and send the negative feed to the low ball light.
    (pic3)

Hope that helps My lights aren't working yet, But this is the first time I've really looked at them

I've no idea what that metal box hanging down in your pic is. I can only guess a battery box or a buzzer/sounder try removing it and opening it up
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Drunkenclam; 03-20-2011 at 05:41 PM.
    Ian #UKPachinko

9. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I was tied up most of the day yesterday and never got a chance to check the thread here. I went to radio shack and picked up all new hardware for doing this. Rolls of wire, new bulb fixtures (same size so that I can use the rubber bushing for jackpot light), new bulbs and a new buzzer. I started rewiring everything to make a loop. I got most of it done but stopped before I could finish. When I get out of work today I will make a run to radio shack to pick up some new bulbs since I blew out the others.

From looking over you pictures Drunkenclam and checking out your video Moparformances I think I should be able to get everything wired up correctly.

This machine needs some TLC big time. there is a layer of funk all over the trays so i will have to clean all of that up. I also think there is some mechanical problems with it as well. I had to adjust the pin on the handle to push the plastic piece out far enough to load the balls. The only thing I cannot get to work properly is the ball feeder right off of the tray. It seems like it does not open between shots to let the balls in to let them down to the loading mechanism. I will look over the video and pictures when I get home and see if there is something different with mine.

I will post pictures later to show what I mean.

I appreciate all the help with this.

If anyone is in the area I live in northeast PA. Close to Scranton/Wilkes Barre.
    Last edited by KiD2021; 03-21-2011 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanks Received

take a look at this for ball shooter problems... there another post listed within this post..

if this does not help try posting a few pics of the shooter

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/vint...-attached.html
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

12. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

From the looks of it and from what I remember of working on it the other day, I think it is a different part. When I get home from work I will take a couple pictures of the piece I am talking about maybe it the same piece and I just cant remember. I do know that the piece in question runs up to the top ball loader tray. I only have about 25-50 balls right now. I plan on ordering more in the near future once I get things worked out.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

not having balls in the reward tray in back will make it not feed balls to the shooter, one way to test is to hold the linkage in the position it would be in with the tray full and see if it will feed right, just don't play it that was as it can lead to jams in the payout system
    Last edited by owennewton; 03-21-2011 at 08:45 PM. Reason: I spell like a second grader
    the

LLTR

15. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to owennewton

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Alright, so I think I have it all figured out now due to everyones input. I desired everything in the back. I have to get a new switch due to the wire snapping inside from being worked with too much. I have to rewire the buzzer so that it only goes off when the ball tray is empty. Im thinking to just remove it since there is a light.

Between the video and testing the mechanisms I was able to put all the pins back so they triggered the right release and since I don't have enough balls to keep the feeder full and the payout bank full I will have to keep the load release held open. I will post pictures once I get them off my phone.

All that's left is to scrub this thing down.

I appreciate all the help everyone.

17. The following user says "Thanks" to KiD2021

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by owennewton View Post
    not having balls in the reward tray in back will make it not feed balls to the shooter, one way to test is to hold the linkage in the position it would be in with the tray full and see if it will feed right, just don't play it that was as it can lead to jams in the payout system

19. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I finally got some of the pictures off my phone. The only thing I have to rewire is the buzzer to go on only when the low ball indicator light goes on. This is an optional component in my opinion, but since there was a buzzer there before I thought I would put it back in.

I did a quick reference sheet in Paint to how the wiring should be done once I rewire the buzzer.

I will take some pictures of the mechanical later on once I clean things up a bit because it seems the pivot piece that triggers the jackpot light gets stuck in the win position until i give it a little tap then it will go back to where it should be. I am also thinking about putting a little toggle switch on the battery line so that complete power can be killed without having to go behind and unplug the battery. Once I get everything cleaned up and finalized I will post with all the finished product pictures.

I will be ordering more balls within the next couple of days, anyone know of a good place to get these from?

I would like to thank Drunkenclam for posting his pictures of the wiring which helped out a lot, Moparformances for the video reference which solved all the mechanical problems and owennewton for trouble shooting the no feed situation.

21. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to KiD2021

Thanks
    Thanks Received

For you guys in the US. An evil auction site seems to be the best place.
    Pachi balls
    Glad you got it glowing. Best way to see why jackpot seasaw is not resetting is following the winning balls and see what isn't pushing it to reset. One of the levers might need a little tweek.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

One last question about the balls. How many would you recommend getting for this unit. I thought I saw something about 100 on there but that does not seem like a lot. Just wondering if I should be ordering the 100,500 or 1000 package of balls.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Min 500. I would go for 1000 and build a hopper on top.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Maybe I will go for the gusto and get some type of hopper for the top. Or I could get this thing:

Pachinko Ball Lifter Machine Japanese Slot

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Said I was going to do a basic layout in paint of the wiring scheme the way it should be. So here it is. I am no artist so I probably could have had the kid do it better but it should be easy enough to read.

27. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to KiD2021

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by KiD2021 View Post
    Maybe I will go for the gusto and get some type of hopper for the top. Or I could get this thing:

Pachinko Ball Lifter Machine Japanese Slot
    being a Model "A" machine i would not waste my money on a lifter... i would guess that 1000 balls will allow you to play for over an hour or more before needing to fill the top hopper again...

if your playing "B" machine or newer then a lifter / more balls would be a benifit...

29. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah I wasn't really thinking about investing 300+ dollars into a lifter, just found it amusing when I checked out the link you sent before about the balls and had seen that. Ill do the 1000 ball package and go from their.

Again thanks for all the help. Ill post finished product pictures once I have it all cleaned up.

31. The following user says "Thanks" to KiD2021