Thread: Looking for a consensus regarding mounting a machine into a cabinet

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Looking for a consensus regarding mounting a machine into a cabinet

I've been looking over a number of the cabinets other users have made and am about ready to start on mine. I'm curious though as to what you all think is the best way to mount the machine into the cabinet. Before viewing other people's efforts, I had just assumed I would be running screws or bolts straight through the cabinet and into the frame of the pachinko, but I notice a number of people using clips to hold the machine in place against the frame. Are clips like these really strong enough to hold the machine into the frame even when you swing it open?

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Looking for a consensus regarding mounting a machine into a cabinet

I've mounted all of mine with 4 screws..2 on each side screwed from the outside of the cabinet into the pachinko frame..Just make sure your screws aren't two long, you don't want to screw into stuff!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have clamps on my cabinets so I can change out machines, if you are going to build a cabinet for just one machine, screw it in. But if you are limited on wall space and have lots of machines, locking clamps is the way to go. Here is the thread on my last cabinet, showing the clamps placement. They do hold the machine with the door open all the way.

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/pach...all-mount.html
    Unless you try to be more than you are, what you are is all you will ever be.
    http://www.pachinkorestorations.com/

4. The following user says "Thanks" to cardwwi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by grocco View Post
    ... what you all think is the best way to mount the machine into the cabinet...
    Have not done this myself, but like the idea of making the mount with adjustable "tilt back" to accomodate walls or tables being out of plumb. And to ever so slightly tilt the top of the pachinko machine back to make more pachinko balls drain in the "warp hole".

Also, I have read some of the debate in the forums about how far "in or out / flush" the frame should be in the cabinet... I'm having vocabulary issues... and keep using "quote marks"...
    PACHINKO - Nishijin Model A, 2005 Newgin Cutie Honey, 2015 TAKAO Queen's Blade 2
    BUBBLE HOCKEY - SUPER CHEXX PRO | MAME - 4 Player Entertainment Center
    PINBALL - Williams Grand Lizard

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I use four screws, but I first remove the pachi from the frame, screw the frame into the cabinet from the inside (so the screws are not visible from the outside), then re-mount the pachi in the frame. I am also careful to make sure the machine has a two degree tilt like they did in the parlors so it plays well and the balls drain properly.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

7. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by JACKSJE4 View Post
    make sure the machine has a two degree tilt like they did in the parlors so it plays well and the balls drain properly.
    ? I was not aware of this. This is a tilt backward I assume, correct? What type of tool do you use to measure that?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes - the top of the machine should have a two degree tilt backwards so that the balls will flow through the machine properly. The frame that comes with the machine typically has the two degrees built in, so when you put feet on the bottom of the frame, the machine is naturally tilted to the back ever-so-slightly. When most folks make cabinets, they install the machine flush with the cabinet so that it is perfectly vertical. Sometimes this causes issues with the functioning of the machine (I learned this when the balls on my machine would not drain from the play field properly and gathered around the hole at the bottom).

When I install my machines in the cabinets I build, I make sure that the top part of the frame is inserted a little bit deeper than the bottom, thus creating the tilt. I do not necessarily measure the degree; I kind of eyeball it to make sure there is a slight tilt.
    Last edited by JACKSJE4; 03-06-2011 at 12:42 PM.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

10. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4