Thread: How to Post Pictures

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile How to Post Pictures

How To Post a Picture!! ***Note: There is a 2MB per picture size limit!!***

This is a guide that will show you how to post a picture here on the PachiTalk forums..
    **To view any of the pictures in this post just click on the thumbnail**

The first thing you need to do is scroll down near the bottom of the thread you want to post in until you find the 'Quick Reply' box..Next you want to find and click the 'Go Advanced' button at the bottom right of the Quick Reply box..(See Picture)
    PicH2 1.jpg

Now that you are in the Advanced post editor you need to find the small paperclip icon in the top row of icons above where you enter text..It is between a yellow smiley and two blue arrows..(See Picture)
    PicH2 2.jpg

Click the paperclip icon and the 'File Upload Manager' window will open..

Here you can upload images from your computer or from the internet to insert into your post..You can also find pictures you've previously uploaded..

To add a new picture you need to click on the 'Add Files' button at the top right..(See Picture)
    PicH2 3.jpg

From here you can choose if you want to upload a picture from your computer or from the internet.. (Limit 9 pictures per post!!)

To upload from your computer all you need to do is click on the 'Select Files' button (See Picture Below) and then find the picture you want to use, click open and it will be added to the list of files to be uploaded..From here you can either select more files to upload, upload your selected pics or clear one or all of the files from the upload list..Next click on the 'Upload Files' button and wait for your files to be uploaded..
    PicH2 4.jpg

To upload pictures from the web once you've clicked on the 'Add Files' button, all you need to do is click on the word 'Website' in the blue bar at the top (See Picture Above) and then enter the pictures URL in the space provided..If you want to add more than one just click on the '+' button..(See Picture Below) When you are ready, click on the 'Upload' button and wait for your files to be uploaded..
    PicH2 5.jpg

When all your files have uploaded, thumbnails of your pictures will appear at the bottom of the File Upload Manager in the 'Attachments' box..All pictures in here will end up in your post..If you wish to add any previously uploaded pictures to your post just drag them from above and into the Attachments box..

From here you can do several things..If you click the 'Insert Inline' button all the check marked pictures in the Attachment box will be added to wherever the cursor is in your post..If you click 'Done' or close the File Upload Manager and do nothing else, all the pics will be placed at the Bottom of your post after you hit the Submit Reply button..(See Bottom of this Post for an example)

But for the most control of where your pictures will end up in you post, first close the File Upload Manager and then place the cursor anywhere in your post that you want to insert a picture and then click the Paperclip icon, this time there will be a drop down menu of your pictures..Click on a picture name and it will be inserted into your post..

Any pictures you do not insert will be placed at the bottom of your finished post..(See Bottom of this Post for an example)

If for any reason you want to add or delete any pictures before you finish your post, just click the Paperclip icon again and click where it says 'Manage Attachments' and it will bring up the File Upload Manager..To add pictures just follow the instructions above..To Delete a picture, just put your cursor over any picture in the Attachments box that you want to delete and click the small X that appears in the top right corner of the picture and you will be asked if you really want it removed, click 'OK' and it will be removed..

The last thing to do before finishing your post is to click the 'Preview Post' button to make sure everything is how you want it..

When you are satisfied with your post click on the 'Submit Reply' button to finish...

***NOTE: If your pics end up sideways it's probably this site, not you..Don't worry!! See link below!!***

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...s-Right-Way-Up!!

**See post #5 below to see how to make your thumbnails bigger!!**

Attached Images Attached Images

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

2. The following 15 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: How to Post Pictures!!

Quote Originally Posted by MrGneiss View Post
    If for any reason you want to add or delete any pictures before you finish your post, just click the Paperclip icon again and click where it says 'Manage Attachments' and it will bring up the File Upload Manager..To add pictures just follow the instructions above..To Delete a picture, just put your cursor over any picture in the Attachments box that you want to delete and click the small X that appears in the top right corner of the picture and you will be asked if you really want it removed, click 'OK' and it will be removed..
    if we remove pics from our "Attachments Box" will the original links in old post still be there...

for example i posted a winter pic last year... that pic is still in last years winter thread... if i remove that pic from the "attachemnt box" will it be deleated from the thread???

i would love to clean up the huge amount of pics i have but was to do so
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: How to Post Pictures!!

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    if we remove pics from our "Attachments Box" will the original links in old post still be there...

for example i posted a winter pic last year... that pic is still in last years winter thread... if i remove that pic from the "attachemnt box" will it be deleated from the thread???

i would love to clean up the huge amount of pics i have but was to do so

That applies only to the Attachments box at the bottom of the File Upload Manager and the pictures you have just uploaded for the post you are working on..Not your previously uploaded pictures..

You can't delete your previous uploads but you can organize them if you like!!

Right click anywhere in the 'Folders' box on the left side of the 'File Upload Manager' and you can choose to create a new sub folder..Click 'Add Folder to Home' and then name your folder and click 'OK'..Repeat for more sub folders..

Now you can drag pictures one at a time to your new folders name (not the folder icon) to add a picture or you can check mark the small box on the bottom right of several pictures and then drag one of the check marked pictures to the folders name to move them all into the folder at once..

The moved pictures will disappear from the main Home folder..If you choose to delete a sub folder by right clicking on the folders name and clicking 'Delete' and 'OK' the sub folder will be deleted but the pictures won't..They will return to the main Home folder!!

You can also 'Rename' a sub folder by right clicking on the folders name..

I hope this helps!!

Last edited by MrGneiss; 02-28-2011 at 05:37 AM.

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

6. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah! Big thanks to you MrGneiss!!!

In the future i always going to use this recommendation when post pics here. It takes so much space when just inserting full-size picture links, so i will definatly do this. Thanks!

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Phoenixking

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is a post that explains how to post bigger pics

How to post pics without doing an edit to get them full size!

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

10. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That sure helped.

12. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to marycarroll