Thread: Machine will not power on, am I missing something basic or...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Machine will not power on, am I missing something basic or...

Hello everyone! I'm a complete newbie when it comes to pachinko, having only owned pachislo machines until now. I recently purchased the Akagi machine by Okumura. I've attached the CR dongle, gotten the machine on its feet, etc. but nothing seems to happen when the machine is plugged in.

I know with most pachislo, there is the interior "ON" switch that must first be activated but I'm not sure if there is anything like that here. Then again, since I am completely unfamiliar with these machines, I may just be missing something completely obvious. The only thing of note is a cut green wire near the top of the machine, but from what I see in searching, that doesn't have anything to do with anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Machine will not power on, am I missing something basic or...

try posting a few Pics of the back of your machine... im sure we have members that have the same frame as you do... did your machine ever work for you??? could it be the transforer died??? of a simple blown fuse??

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the fast reply. I will take some pictures of the back tonight...This machine is right out of the box, so no, it has never worked for me. It doesn't look like anything was damaged in shipping. I just assumed there was something I had to activate before plugging it in...now I'm worried.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

It might be something simple like a loose wire or. Blown fuse. Espeically as you say the machine is completely dead. I do hope you have and are using a transformer. Best to check the output from there and work back the machine. Boh of my moderns (different makes have multiple fuses in different locations. Best to check them too. And remember just because a glass fuse looks ok. Doesn't mean it is. Always check with a meter or tester.

As moparformance said. Pics are a big help.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

When I got my first pachinko machine, I had a loose wire on my transformer. I started to get panicky when the machine wouldn't start up.

Definitely give the transformer a quick look over, and make sure the cables are fully connected.
    Pachislos: Devil May Cry, Metal Slug, Ultra Cutie Honey, Mahjong Story
    Pachinkos: Julie The Pinball
    My videogame collection.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You're right, there's also a turn on switch somewhere. atleast on all the pachinkos I have there's one somewhere, not at the same place. The green wire is the ground wire. Once the machine work, it could be a good thing to connect it to the casing of the transformer and to the ground of the electric plug (you may have to change the cord for a 3 prong one)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to pachitalk.It sounds like a loose connection or bad fuse.take agood look at the wires to the transformer and out of the transformer.It could be a blown circuitbreaker in the room. that hes happened to me before.
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Look for a black "rocker" switch, If you find it and flipping it doesn't power it up... may be loose x-former or fuse as previously stated.

せぶん戦闘機 せぶん

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks everyone for your help! It turned out to be the idiotic mistake I thought, and there is indeed a black switch on the lower left side of the machine hidden between some plastic casing. The machine will now power up, but this in itself has brought another problem to light. The machine shipped with a CR dongle, which I immediately attached, powered down and powered back up. While the machine will "fire" balls, it seems to be stuck in perpetual attract mode. Even after balls fire, it continues to cycle through the manufacturer logo / pretty scenes from anime / thirty-second game screen loop. It is interesting to note that there is no sound during all of this, but I'm assuming that's part of the attract mode and that the sound will emerge once the machine learns I'm a paying customer.

I did a ball dump, refilled both tracks and the led display at the back of the machine reads "1".

Thoughts? I will try and take a picture tonight, I didn't think I needed to once I solved my power problem but that shows how much I know. There seems to be a much higher learning curve with pachinkos than with pachislo machines.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

it stays in attract mode til you get a ball in the start (center bottom) pocket, then there will be music and it will spin reels
    the

LLTR

11. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to owennewton

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by owennewton View Post
    it stays in attract mode til you get a ball in the start (center bottom) pocket, then there will be music and it will spin reels
    Or cheat. Open the front (glass) and drop a ball straight into the start pocket. Make sure that you get a 3 or 4 ball pay out and the reels. LCD screen or real start to spin.
    As Owen says, That will take it out of attract mode.
    Ian #UKPachinko

13. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam