Thread: Help with vintage Ginza "Custom"?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Help with vintage Ginza "Custom"?

Hello, all! I'm obviously new to the forum, and to Pachinkos. Billy Connolly referred me here for some (possible) help with parts I need for a nice machine I pulled from the attic of an abandoned house.I need the switch/ mechanism that lights the "tray empty" light, the small square cover for the bottom left, the cover for the center jackpot mechanism, and the rod for the front hole actuated ball dump.I know none of this is really necessary for the operation of the machine, but I would like to try to complete it as correctly as possible. Can anybody help me out?
    Thank you in advance!
    Andy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by andyjon100; 02-21-2011 at 11:43 PM.

2. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to andyjon100

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Help with vintage Ginza "Custom"?

Welcome to Pachitalk

sorry to be a downer but geting original parts is going to be verry verry hard... you have an older Pachi there.. and knowing exactly what the original parts would look like is near impossable..

we can help ya get it working and playing as original but a perfect restoration is a tall order

I you can solder i can hook ya up with all the parts to get your jackpot lights working as intended...

as for a low ball light.. its hard to see how your machine would originaly have worked..

as for the jackpot cover i would recomend traying to make one out of Plexi...

im hoping another member might have some parts for ya...

Good Luck
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi, and thanks for the reply! I already have the jackpot light working, as the reed switch (mint green to the right of the jackpot and yellow vertical "tube"in the close up of the top section) was still there..I already replaced all that wiring. The longer wire i have on there then comes up to the light in the upper right corner and then to the battery -. For the empty tray switch, there is a hinged plastic piece inside the ball track, just below the hopper opening. There is a plastic loop that protrudes through the ball track. I know it's hard to see in the small pics, but it's upper left ,marked "A" on the full back pic. I guess what I need is a micro switch, normally closed, that has enough oomph to push the plastic piece up and close the switch when there's no ball weight on it, but will not require too much weight to open it when the balls are filled...Then Bat + runs through that switch to the light.
    I've already had all the plastics off the back and cleaned her up internally... a finger cheese science project in there...even a cigarette butt! Next, I'm giving all the front bright trim to my buddy who owns a plating shop, and he's going to polish the stainless panel and aluminum trays, and replate the handle, finger rest, playfield frame and escutcheons. Then I have to come up with a name for her!

6. The following user says "Thanks" to andyjon100

Thanks
    Thanks Received

By the way... I too am a son of Mother Mopar! I have been the proud owner of a '60 New Yorker Town and Country 6 passenger, '66 Barracuda Formula S, '64 Valiant 'vert, '72 New Yorker, '73 New Yorker, '73 Newport, '64 Imperial, 69 Coronet R/T, '72 Roadrunner/GTX, Hemi Orange 440/4sp with bench seat and pistol grip, '71 340 Demon, and currently a '57 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer 'vert that my now deceased dad and I restored back when I was about 14.

8. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to andyjon100

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by andyjon100 View Post
    By the way... I too am a son of Mother Mopar! I have been the proud owner of a '60 New Yorker Town and Country 6 passenger, '66 Barracuda Formula S, '64 Valiant 'vert, '72 New Yorker, '73 New Yorker, '73 Newport, '64 Imperial, 69 Coronet R/T, '72 Roadrunner/GTX, Hemi Orange 440/4sp with bench seat and pistol grip, '71 340 Demon, and currently a '57 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer 'vert that my now deceased dad and I restored back when I was about 14.
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This is my somewhat similar machine that started out with a leaf/reed switch that I converted to a microswitch. In order to make it actuate, I had to change the location/operation. Of note, the micro switches have three solder points, one for ground, one for switch continuity with the switch activated, and one for continuity with the switch unopened, which makes things a little easier. Before and after pics:
    Dragons machine Back.jpgWiring After.JPGNew Switch.JPG
    Last edited by ACMech; 02-22-2011 at 06:51 PM. Reason: wanted to make it purtier

12. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to ACMech

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to pachitalk.Ilove the sound of a mopar in the morning.
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

14. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to yose

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello all! Thank you all for the warm welcomes! I love the sound of a Mopar ANYTIME, Yose! My winter bomb is still a '79 Aspen with 250k on it! But I digress...ACMech... I left the original reed switch for the jackpot, and installed a micro for the hopper empty light (see pics). I have a 9v clip soldered in temporarily, for testing purposes, but am going to be putting in a 9v transformer. I asked about original parts before I knew how parts acquisition worked with these... It's harder than My center feature is marked " KUJAKU". Upon further research, I found "KUJAKU" means "Pea fowl" or "Peacock". Now the design makes sense. Mine seems boring in comparison to some I've seen here and elsewhere... I am posting a few more photos... One is of a clear green pocket that has a broken ear... anyone have one in their junk box? I can glue it if necessary, but don't know how it'll hold up after a ball or 2 slams into it... What is the general consensus about modifying these "vintage" units, i.e. adding lights? I think I can design one heluva lighting package for this puppy, but don't want to ruin it if it's particularly rare or valuable...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by andyjon100 View Post
    Hello all! Thank you all for the warm welcomes! I love the sound of a Mopar ANYTIME
    If you love the sound of a Mopar anytime check out my old van!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1Sso4o4KpY

Sad to say that yes this was my van, filmed the day before he went to the scrap yard.
    Modding, adding lights, swapping parts... Some of us keep them as original as possible, some go all out and make you wonder what it looked like to begin with but I think we all agree that what you do to it is up to you as long as it means that another one is saved from the scrap heap and that you post pictures...lots of pictures.

POST PICS!
    Last edited by owennewton; 02-23-2011 at 02:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    the

LLTR

18. The following user says "Thanks" to owennewton

Thanks
    Thanks Received

HEHEHE!!! That looks about right! Beat down but not out rattlin' ol' 'par pushin' a GM!!!

20. The following user says "Thanks" to andyjon100

Thanks
    Thanks Received

as for the broken part i have had great luck with 5 min clear epoxy... mix it and build up a dallop on the side of your part let it harden and shape it with a dremel tool.. Works for me...

Looks like your Pachi is really coming allong

22. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Cool machine, nice cars!!! I kept the leaf switch on my jackpot as well.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks much! I love a challenge. I didn't realize how difficult these were to get parts for... I thought it was hard getting the parts for my Baby Pac Man video/ pinball combo machine...That has been an expensive ordeal...At least with these, you have the freedom to be somewhat creative in your fabrication...
    Thanks for the compliment on the car... My Dad pulled that out of a friend he worked with's barn in '85, where it sat in pieces, I think since 1962 or 3. It came home in itty bitty pieces.. The guy's brother was going to build it into a race car back in the day, tore it apart, and died in a fire. it was our project when I was 14 / 15 yrs old. It had no rust, and still only has 32,000 on it. It only needed a freshening up motor-wise from sitting, paint, and reassembly. The top, interior, and chrome are original. The 'ol Hemi runs strong and quiet. Dad passed in '90, and Mom gave the car to me. When I kick it, It's going to my daughter, who's 7 now...

25. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to andyjon100

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just bought an extremely old GINZA that I would like to brag about! I dont know how to initiate a post.

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

After you click on the "Vintage Pachinko" forum look for the red "+Post New Thread" button near the top left..

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

28. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss