Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Beware of Pachinko bidder/scammer on eBay

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Beware of Pachinko bidder/scammer on eBay

There is an eBay member: Chicky6699856, who is chronically bidding up the bids on Pachinko items then retracts his bid giving the reason "entered wrong amount." eBay rightfully allows a retraction if you make a mistake. Imagine entering $500 instead of $50!
    But you are suppose to reenter a correct amount immediately. This guy doesn't do that.
    He runs the price up testing the waters against other bidders, then if it gets too high for him he "retracts" the bid. This currupts the whole auction process. It is unfair to the seller as well as the buyer.
    My sale is not an isolated case. This guy has 27 retractions in the past month and 62 in the past six months. He is blatantly abusing the system. He has been reported but who know if eBay will do anything about it or not. He should be barred or at least suspended for a while to teach him a lesson.
    Anyway, if you are buying or selling be aware of this guy. His current anonymous ID is K***9 with a rating number of 151.

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to kensterfly

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Beware of Pachinko bidder/scammer on eBay

You should be able to report this behavior to eBay. If you contact the other sellers as well and lodge a bunch if complaints
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have had several bidders do that on my auctions. They make bids, then near the end of the auction they retract, stating "Entered wrong amount". I never see them bid again. The ID's have been different each time, but I have not been negatively impacted as a seller. All of the auctions closed to the highest bid, which was above the retracted bid amount.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Jacks, in my case I had only two bidders. Both had tied at $55.00. One guy retracted leaving only one bidder who was now back to my opening bid because he no longer had anyone bidding against him So, I dropped by $20 right off the bat.
    The remaining bidder wrote to tell me that the other guy had done that to him many times. I have filed an official complaint with eBay.

Jacks, I also have to say that, though you have not (yet) been impacted by this bidder abuse it doesn't make it right and it is unfair to our buyers. Therefore, you should not condone it just because you have not been stung by it (yet!).

How does this negatively affect a buyer. Here is one example: I heard from a lady was bidding for an item. The bids went back and forth quite a while until she finally was topped by the other bidder and she gave up. She found an identical item from another seller and won that bid, only to find out that the competing bidder on the first item retracted at the last minute leaving her as the winner. Now she was stuck with two identical items.

It corrupts the system and should not be winked at by buyers, sellers, or eBay.

6. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to kensterfly

Thanks
    Thanks Received

ebay has its good points and its bad points.

I don't let things like this bother me, its part of doing business on ebay.

they do favor buyers more than sellers, and they make their money from the sellers.

its a monopoly, but still the best place to buy and sell---good or bad!!
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Noticed a guy doing this with a very expensive pen he was selling. Each time (of 4 or 5) he'd start at a different price and people would bid. Then the same bidder was bidding up and each time 'won' it, so the seller relisted at a similar price trying to get people to pay more. Only thing you can do is report it or ignore it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    ebay has its good points and its bad points.

I don't let things like this bother me, its part of doing business on ebay.

they do favor buyers more than sellers, and they make their money from the sellers.

its a monopoly, but still the best place to buy and sell---good or bad!!
    It's the same old thing with ebay as Luckydog stated. It would be an easy fix for ebay if they cared. They give a way out for the bidder but don't make it so they have to give the corrected amount. If it's a true mistake then it should be followed with the correct amount. If no corrected amount, no cancellation of there bid!
    What bidder doesn't know how much they bid?! If they don't they will the next time they bid on an auction.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by kensterfly View Post
    Jacks, in my case I had only two bidders. Both had tied at $55.00. One guy retracted leaving only one bidder who was now back to my opening bid because he no longer had anyone bidding against him So, I dropped by $20 right off the bat.
    The remaining bidder wrote to tell me that the other guy had done that to him many times. I have filed an official complaint with eBay.

Jacks, I also have to say that, though you have not (yet) been impacted by this bidder abuse it doesn't make it right and it is unfair to our buyers. Therefore, you should not condone it just because you have not been stung by it (yet!).

How does this negatively affect a buyer. Here is one example: I heard from a lady was bidding for an item. The bids went back and forth quite a while until she finally was topped by the other bidder and she gave up. She found an identical item from another seller and won that bid, only to find out that the competing bidder on the first item retracted at the last minute leaving her as the winner. Now she was stuck with two identical items.

Sorry... I didn't mean to come across sounding like I condone this practice. I'm sure there is an impact for every negative action that occurs on ebay. I was merely attempting to state that I had not yet been negatively impacted by that practice. I am somewhat new to ebay selling and I'm sure I will experience many types of flakes and scammers (am dealing with a possible scammer now). There are many people out there with questionable ethical standards who think it's a game and don't consider that they are hurting others by their actions. So far, I have been lucky with all of my purchases and sales.

Jeff
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by JACKSJE4 View Post
    There are many people out there with questionable ethical standards who think it's a game and don't consider that they are hurting others by their actions.

Jeff
    I don't think "consider" is quite the right word. They know exactly what they are doing and don't give a d**!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

thank you, Jeff. I was not condemning. I appreciate your comments.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by kensterfly View Post
    I heard from a lady was bidding for an item. The bids went back and forth quite a while until she finally was topped by the other bidder and she gave up. She found an identical item from another seller and won that bid, only to find out that the competing bidder on the first item retracted at the last minute leaving her as the winner. Now she was stuck with two identical items.

that is how I ended up with two Starwars pachinkos, I was way out bid on one so bid on another and ended up winning both, at least that even with shipping on both machines it was still less than most single star wars have sold for.

the other thing that gets me is sellers shill bidding (Like SamuraiSlots did near the end) with another account. Ebay is just to big to care about policing things.
    the

LLTR

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for posting this. At one point that guy bid on just about everything I had up for sale. It was really annoying and there is nothing worse than seeing something drop out of nowhere when you thought it would sell for a decent price.
    Clover Collectables - the US's largest Pachinko and Pachislo dealer - [email]Contact@clovercollectables.com

16. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to jackdanielsx

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It's surprising that he has a 100% positive rating on the transactions he actually completes. But if all sellers who have had problems with him would put him on their "Block" list it would eventually shut him down, assuming eBay will never do anything about him.

18. The following user says "Thanks" to kensterfly

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Post Re: Beware of Pachinko bidder/scammer on eBay

It looks like he did it again..Yesterday I noticed bids on this one were up to 10 and today its at 9..I checked and it looks like the same guy!!

Vintage Pachinko Machine Nishijin Super D.X. Ship Theme - eBay (item 170605355308 end time Feb-25-11 12:22:42 PST)

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

20. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

He may be here watching us from the shadows.

Dam you
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I noticed this was happening on an item a couple weeks ago. I had put in a high bid ($70, for example), and was winning the auction (at $15, for example). I then got notification that I was no longer winning, only to go in and see the person had retracted. They simply wanted to see how high my current bid was. Then, they placed an order just below mine (to make my highest price "winning"). In my example, they put in a bid of $65, so I "won" with a $70 final price. :/

I have a feeling it was either a friend of the seller, or, the seller on a different account.

Hope that makes sense the way I worded it.

I doubt it was the same person, but I fully intend to check in on it when I get home tonight!
    Pachislos: Devil May Cry, Metal Slug, Ultra Cutie Honey, Mahjong Story
    Pachinkos: Julie The Pinball
    My videogame collection.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Or it was another buyer who is looking for a snipe amount to enter in eSnipe.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

Thanks
    Thanks Received

if you really want an item put a low bid in first and when it ends put in your your snipe,

no chance for them to retract bid, but you can't do much if they are shillbidding
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    if you really want an item put a low bid in first and when it ends put in your your snipe,

no chance for them to retract bid, but you can't do much if they are shillbidding
    Yeah, it's usually what I do (for myself).

In this case, it was an item a friend wanted...and she wanted bids put in *now now now*.
    Pachislos: Devil May Cry, Metal Slug, Ultra Cutie Honey, Mahjong Story
    Pachinkos: Julie The Pinball
    My videogame collection.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

pfffttt... I've been done for a long time with ebay.

it's just absurd the way they treat their sellers now. Unless you have a full on store OR are selling new items that are not electronic/mechanical in nature then they couldn't be bothered.
    I was a veteran ebayer for a long time when feedback was optional, and didn't really count for much. then one day after selling 8 decomissioned servers, still perfectly good and working to the tune of ~$4000, I all of the sudden had to wait for the buyer to leave feedback before getting my money ELSE wait 21 days...but i had to ship first. Luckily, the guy was good and left the feedback and I got my money...in 3 days.
    It blew the lid off of flipping items on ebay, point was the buyer payed shipping and you actually used that money to pay the UPS shipping office, pocketed the rest and went to have a cocktail. The alternative being, you payed shipping out of pocket (not cool when shipping pachis or computers) then, a. hoped UPS didn't blow it. b. hoped that when the buyer got the item, they actually gave feedback (if not get ready to wait 21 days for your money). c. hope they didn't just say they didn't get it and sorry, but you're out your item with no recourse. Yes, there's confirmed delivery but hey, "it was broke when i got it"
    The ebay/paypal incest killed it for me. Therefore i no longer use it. Bummer too, I liked the $$. I'm not a criminal, and refuse to be treated like one.

ohh.. sorry, yes scammers are trash.
    Keyboard Error or no Keyboard Present, Think F1 to Continue.

27. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to junkbox

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast