Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sanyo Comet II - BigBadger's project

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Sanyo Comet II - BigBadger's project

Just picked up some glass panes for this machine and the fellow said that whenever he had replaced glass on pachinkos before they would want tempered glass. He's a friend and isn't trying to upcharge me. Anyone else bother with this step? I'm sure the cost would go pretty high... the regular glass panes were cheap at $6 each.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Temperd would be a great addition... if ya have little ones as well..

i have never broken a piece of glass within a machine.. i would just use reg glass...
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

3. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the one worry I have with tempered is the channels on some vintage seem like it would make it easier to break the glass if it was tempered. Tempered is very strong from the flat sides but is very weak at the edges, to the point that a small impact (like a one inch drop on a corner) can explode the entire pane.
    the

LLTR

5. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to owennewton

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well I just went with the 2 regular panes of glass. Figured what the heck and bought 2 as there are 2 slots. It's a bit heavy and it might cut down a bit too much sound, but if I don't like that I just take one out.

I really gotta get off my butt and get some balls though. Duty, tax and Shipping costs from the United States is prohibitively high and I've only found one guy in Canada online (imatrix?) and his payment site doesn't allow for the shipping charges that he quoted me.

Also need to clean up all those nails... kinda not really looking forward to that... who knows maybe I'll zone out on it and it'll be done in no time flat, like a month or two!!

7. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to BigBadger

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Got my machine mounted and full of balls... but it doesn't pay out? I put in most for those pieces I posted pix of but 2 don't really seem to be right or maybe I'm just not certain how they are supposed to be fitting.

The 1st photo shows a part that doesn't move freely (Top red arrow). The wire fitting down into the plastic (lower red arrow) is tight and I'm not certain what it even does.

The 2nd photo is of a part I do not know where it fits or what it does.

When I bought the machine it came with a bag of bits and pieces so I was shooting in the dark anyway.
    2011-12-09%u002525252006.30.02.jpg2011-12-09%u002525252006.31.32.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

First you must relieve that ball jam. Here is a picture of the part you are missing. This part controls the gate that releases your jackpot ball. I have the same machine so please feel free to ask anymore questions. The parts shown in the second picture you do not need. It was designed to disable the shooter if the player allowed to many balls to fill up in the front lower tray. You will not have this problem for home use.
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. The following user says "Thanks" to tommy4132

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is a video of this area working. http://youtu.be/IgfYglR9BQ0. Sorry for the crappy video, I did it with my phone.

12. The following user says "Thanks" to tommy4132

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I wonder if it's possible to see the linkage that is hidden behind the plastic. I don't have that piece of wire on the right pointing upwards. I'm pretty sure I can make that piece but would need the measurements and and image to follow. I also need to know how to get to the bunch-up in behind or at least how to clear the blockage without causing any damage.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is a peek inside a Nishijin with very similar mechanics. I figured this pic would help you to understand how the mechanism is supposed to work.

When a jackpot is paid, the balls land on the white plastic, forcing the right side of the lever down. As the lever goes down, it pushes the vertical rod down to pivot the horizontal metal piece it is attached to. That action releases the jackpot ball into the lower ball tray.

Last edited by JACKSJE4; 12-09-2011 at 02:24 PM.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

15. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadger View Post
    I wonder if it's possible to see the linkage that is hidden behind the plastic. I don't have that piece of wire on the right pointing upwards. I'm pretty sure I can make that piece but would need the measurements and and image to follow. I also need to know how to get to the bunch-up in behind or at least how to clear the blockage without causing any damage.

Well you are going to need to remove the plastic cover to replace the missing piece (and the picture above does show pretty much what it looks like). While the cover is off I would just remove the seesaw and just let all the balls pour out. As for measurements it does not have to be exact. As long as when the jackpot lever comes down and pushes on the new part the gate below opens to release the jackpot ball. I would take a picture but I would have to remove the back to get at it.
    Got my machine mounted and full of balls... but it doesn't pay out? I put in most for those pieces I posted pix of but 2 don't really seem to be right or maybe I'm just not certain how they are supposed to be fitting.

The 1st photo shows a part that doesn't move freely (Top red arrow). The wire fitting down into the plastic (lower red arrow) is tight and I'm not certain what it even does.

Before I forget. You will have to get this part to move freely. That gate needs to drop by its own weight. The new part only lifts the gate it does not bring it back down. The gate itself might be bent and not moving freely through the plastic piece. The only other possibility is the pivot pin needs to be cleaned. This should be an easy fix.

The 2nd photo is of a part I do not know where it fits or what it does.

When I bought the machine it came with a bag of bits and pieces so I was shooting in the dark anyway.
    Good luck.
    Last edited by tommy4132; 12-09-2011 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanks Received

NM... It looks like I have to find a bit of time to tear it apart and try to add piece of wire similar to the image from JACKS.

One thing I notice is that the pivot point on this piece is somewhat stiff. It certainly does not move freely and must figure out what is binding it as well.

Thanks so much for the video of this machine Tommy4132.

Last edited by BigBadger; 12-10-2011 at 12:48 PM.

18. The following user says "Thanks" to BigBadger

Thanks
    Thanks Received

One thing I notice is that the pivot point on this piece is somewhat stiff. It certainly does not move freely and must figure out what is binding it as well.
    The best remedy for sticky pivot points is to carefully take them apart and clean them. Use a metal polish on the cam, and I use a plastic polish (such as Novus or GelGloss) on a Q-Tip and clean the inside of the shaft. You will be amazed at how much better it works once you do a simple cleaning.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

20. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Okay, I did that and have found yet another tight rocker ramp. It has a small wire (A) that appears to have a corresponding hole (B) in the ramp. Should it be going through the hole? (See pic 1)
    2011-12-10_093921.jpg

This pic shows that very stiff pivot (C) which I assume should be free moving. The rocker on this piece has a good 1" of movement. The missing wire (D) only has about 1/4" of movement. this is why I kind of need the length of the missing wire so that I know how far the large ramp should move.
    2011-12-10_094445.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't have a Comet II, but based on the pics from this post, it looks like the linkage going down (opposite from D) is backward. It curves toward the plastic track, looks like it should curve away. Maybe that is causing the binding.

23. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

NM about the small wire and the tiny hole in my post. I found a pic in Tommy's post.

Still think the stiff movement of the large ramp is wrong though. Polished the post and cleaned the pivot hole in the plastic without it making any difference to the action. Drill it out?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Still think the stiff movement of the large ramp is wrong though. Polished the post and cleaned the pivot hole in the plastic without it making any difference to the action. Drill it out?
    Ahh... now you have stumbled upon the flaw of Sanyo machines that we were speaking of.

The large ramp MUST pivot freely, therefore you may need to enlarge the hole that the cam goes through. I used a rotary tool with a fine grinding bit to enlarge mine. You only want to enlarge it as much as needed to allow it to move freely. If you go too far, then then lever will be too wobbly and may bind on you. Make sure your surfaces are smooth when complete so there isn't any excessive wear on the cam.

Jeff
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

26. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Drilled it out ever so slightly. Stole the wire off the piece that I was told I shouldn't need and attached it to the rocker to push up on the ramp which now moves freely. But something is still wrong. It pays out once then everything binds up inside and with the cover on so I cannot tell what is causing the issue.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Drilled it out ever so slightly. Stole the wire off the piece that I was told I shouldn't need and attached it to the rocker to push up on the ramp which now moves freely. But something is still wrong. It pays out once then everything binds up inside and with the cover on so I cannot tell what is causing the issue.
    I just need to know what is stuck. Is the seesaw not coming back up or is the jackpot ball stuck at the gate?

29. The following user says "Thanks" to tommy4132

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry for the delay in my response. I really only have weekends to work on this thing... or when I'm sick... and today I'm sick.

My feeling is that the length of the rod I'm using going up from the gate-lock rocker to the reset payout-ramp. I have no idea what length it should be but it seems that this is the location I have to reset each time. The pictures show the back with the cover removed and with the rod in it's assumed position. Does this help?

2011-12-15%u00252B09.42.51.jpg 2011-12-15%u00252B09.43.19.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think your rod is too long, the jackpot balls push dome the white lever and it hits the rod, lifting the paper clip looking part letting the winning ball out and resetting the jackpot.
    the

LLTR

32. The following user says "Thanks" to owennewton

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast