Thread: Cars I've owned album

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Cars I've owned album

here's pictures in my new photo gallery of cars i've owned in the 50's 60's and 70's

the hearse was my brothers, I drove in the back with my niece and nephew when my brothe and his wife went to new york from chicago

PachiTalk
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

2. The following 12 users say "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: car i've owned album

What year was your Beetle? 65?

Do you realize what Camaro's are worth these days? I had a 69 and a 75 and regret selling both of them. The most regretable was the 70 Chevelle I wrecked in High School!!

Oh, and I also had a 65 Beetle, 70 Beetle, 68 Baja, 67, 68, 69, 70 and 71 VW Buses. Hence the Profile name. As a perk from the company I work for a I get a new VW and Audi every year of my choice as I have for the last 9 years. The wifes daily driver is a Dodge pickup 2500 (pulls the camper).

I've had over 60 vehicles I've bought and sold over the years and got to the point where I didnt take photos or care too. I think its great you have a photo history of some great automobiles!!!

Can you tell I love talking about cars!!

Thanks for sharing!!

4. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Microbus99

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: car i've owned album

the beetle was a 1967 and my first brand new car sticker pirce was under 2 thousand with whitewalls, radio and pop out rear windows.

the camero was my 2nd new car a 1969 307 V8 with 3 speed on the column, it was a specail order car that the dealer got stuck with, stikcer price was under 3 thousand

the 67 mustnag had a 289 with 4 barrel carb and hiriser mainfold with duals, i bought it from my buddy with 10,000 miles on it for $2,500.00

all the older cars pictured were $200.00 or less
    Last edited by luckydog; 02-18-2011 at 02:08 AM.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

6. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Microbus99 View Post
    I had a 69 and a 75 and regret selling both of them.
    I had a 78 Camaro, base model with a 305. The guy I got it from put shiny valve covers and a 660 performer on it (first time he closed the hood punched a hole in it with the air cleaner stud) way to much carb for that motor. I paid $1200 for it, had some fun, had the door almost fall of (rusty heavy thing) so it sat for a while. I went to move it and the tranny was slipping so punched it and mashed the fender against a tree in my yard. It sat for another year and I traded it for a 77 Spitfire 1300 that I never did anything with and 3 years after that traded it for my 88 Mercedes. Glad I bought it as I ended up with a great driver in the long run but sorry at the same time that the only American muscle car I have had was such a clunker but someday I will get something with too much power again.
    the

LLTR

8. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to owennewton

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by owennewton View Post
    someday I will get something with too much power again.
    there is no such thing as "to much power"

all you need is a bigger Pachinko cabinet to hold more spheres
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    the beetle was a 1967 and my first brand new car sticker pirce was under 2 thousand with whitewalls, radio and pop out rear windows.

the camero was my 2nd new car a 1969 307 V8 with 3 speed on the column, it was a specail order car that the dealer got stuck with, stikcer price was under 3 thousand

the 67 mustnag had a 289 with 4 barrel carb and hiriser mainfold with duals, i bought it from my buddy with 10,000 miles on it for $2,500.00

all the older cars pictured were $200.00 or less
    67 is the most collectable year for many VW fans unless you prefer the old Split/Ovals from the 50's. 67 was an unusual year because the fenders and turn signals were unique to that year only. 68 was a major change in body and drivetrain. Its the same for the 67 Microbus's. First year of 12 volt systems, last year of the old body styles.

And you bought yours new. How cool. If I recall back then, they had an ad slogan which said "You can buy one for a dollar a pound" or something like that.

I have a retired Engineer friend that bought his 66 Corvette Convertible new and still has it. Its a metallic Burgundy color with a white top and interior. He only drives it a few times in the summer and keeps it in the garage on jack stands the rest of the year. He occaisionally would bring it to the office to show to my German Engineer colleagues on business trips. They are absolutely amazed at the coolness of old American Muscle cars. Its funny to see their reaction to these beauties.
    Last edited by Microbus99; 02-18-2011 at 03:31 PM.

11. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Microbus99

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

67 r. He occaisionally would bring it to the office to show to my German Engineer colleagues on business trips. They are absolutely amazed at the coolness of old American Muscle cars. Its funny to see their reaction to these beauties.
    Park a 66 vette next to a 66 VW and you can see the coolness from the next block

I still want to get another mustang. I took the missus to the US car dealer last weekend, To get an idea of what model we like.
    She picked a 2010 Shelby GT500KR... Hmmmmm no I don't think so
    Ian #UKPachinko

13. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Cars I've owned album

Did you own your Mustang there in the UK? Was it left or right hand drive?

Of course you should listen to your wife and give in. The wife is always right you know (especially when its in your favor).

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My very first car was a 1966 VW 'Fastback'. I loved that car, although it seemed to spend more time in the shop than on the road. It had a dual carb "pancake" engine in the back, 6 volt system, and a heater that would not turn off no matter what I tried (not a great feature during the summers in So. California). I had the car for almost a year, until I got T-boned in an intersection and it was totaled.

(the pic is an example of the car I had)

Pachi1.jpg

Since then I have owned a hodge-podge of cars: a 74 Pinto, 66 Dodge Dart with a slant 6 engine and column shift, 71 Toyota Corolla, 67 Plymouth Satellite Coupe, as well as various Hondas and Toyotas. Now I'm into Hyundai's, with two Sonatas and a mini van.
    Last edited by JACKSJE4; 02-19-2011 at 10:29 AM.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

16. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

1977 Mustang ***
    1976 Volare bought for $100 owned for 2 hours, sold for $2000 as trade in for new car
    1992 Hyundai Excel (the New Car)
    1969 Volkswagen Bug *** (Chopped the hood off after a few years and made my own convertible )
    1982 Zastava 45 (Yugo) ***
    1992 Alfa Romeo 33

*** the ones I loved the most. and had the most fun with.

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."

18. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Sid

Thanks
    Thanks Received

1977 Mustang ***
    1976 Volare bought for $100 owned for 2 hours, sold for $2000 as trade in for new car
    1992 Hyundai Excel (the New Car)
    1969 Volkswagen Bug *** (Chopped the hood off after a few years and made my own convertible )
    1982 Zastava 45 (Yugo) ***
    1992 Alfa Romeo 33

*** the ones I loved the most. and had the most fun with.

20. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Sid

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ah yes... The Hyundai Excel! I still see one of those on the road every now and then. The first disposable car made almost entirely of plastic. Back in the day you could buy one new off the lot for around $3,000. The challenge was to see if you made the trip home to your garage before something fell off.

Hyundai has come a very long way since that time.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

in the 4 years i owned mine the only thing i ever paid for was oil changes and gas.
    didnt have a single problem with it...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hyundais have come along way!!

The new Sonata's body style looks pretty good. Havent driven one yet.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Did you own your Mustang there in the UK? Was it left or right hand drive?

Of course you should listen to your wife and give in. The wife is always right you know (especially when its in your favor).
    Both the mustangs I had were LHD.

Quite odd getting out of the drivers seat and on to the pavement. I had a 1996 S10 extended pickup too. Also LHD.
    My favourite trick was to drive to the diy centre. Buy a packet of screws and throw it in the back of the very large empty bed. Right next door to the guy trying to squeeze his big sheets of wood into his BMW. Time to drive off looking smug.

The missus will have to wait for a shelby. I want the Saleen
    Ian #UKPachinko

25. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by owennewton View Post
    I had a 78 Camaro, base model with a 305. The guy I got it from put shiny valve covers and a 660 performer on it (first time he closed the hood punched a hole in it with the air cleaner stud) way to much carb for that motor. I paid $1200 for it, had some fun, had the door almost fall of (rusty heavy thing) so it sat for a while. I went to move it and the tranny was slipping so punched it and mashed the fender against a tree in my yard. It sat for another year and I traded it for a 77 Spitfire 1300 that I never did anything with and 3 years after that traded it for my 88 Mercedes. Glad I bought it as I ended up with a great driver in the long run but sorry at the same time that the only American muscle car I have had was such a clunker but someday I will get something with too much power again.
    i know what you mean.i took the fake hood scoop off of my 79 Z/28 with a 350 for paint prep,and noticed the same thing.not a hole,but a very large outie dent in line with the air cleaner stud.i left it be because it wouldn't show after the so called scoop was reinstalled.i have seen the exact opposite happen to my vette from a previous owner.he installed a holley 600 using a spread bore to square bore adapter,adding an extra inch in height.when he closed the hood ,the hood insulator pad mounting stud put a serious dent in his brand new chrome air cleaner.i have since corrected that problem by installing an edelbrock performer intake,bypassing the adapter problem.there's not too much clearance under camaro and vette hoods,that's for sure.

27. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pinball wizard